• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Don't bother rml_16... jdooks is a obvious troll
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Don't bother rml_16... jdooks is a obvious troll

I wish MFP would do something about that.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Lack of EXCESS of bubbles on a regular basis is an indicator of optimal pee ;)

How many bubbles should be in my pee?

IDK, are you diabetic?
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Yes!

Have you seen Supersize Me and Forks Over Knives?

Eye-opening stuff.

So what should we eat, just breast milk? I read on another thread you can buy it online, I guess a wet nurse would be more than my grocery budget.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Best troll I've seen in a while, good job.
  • jdooks
    jdooks Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yet you have shown to have ZERO understanding of how diuretics work. I mean, for goodness sakes, you literally gave one of the most ridiculous explanations of diuretics and even went as far as claiming that protein is a diuretic. That's really really really far far far far far from reality.

I probably just have access to information you don't have access to. I really don't care what you think. I know I'm right and I hope the OP is smart enough to listen to me because it is his HEALTH I am concerned about, not just proving some guy I don't even know wrong.

Yet you are clueless as to how diuretics work and sit there claiming that protein is a diuretic. You can claim all the collegiate degrees in the world but it still doesn't change the fact that you've been sitting their claiming that protein is a diuretic when it isn't has never been scientifically shown to be a diuretic.

*sigh*

I never said PROTEIN is a diuretic. I said that mixing the PROTEIN POWDER into the WATER changes the molecular structure of the whole concoction and makes it a very dangerous diuretic and will cause people to become very dehydrated AND THEY CAN DIE.

DON'T YOU CARE THAT PEOPLE CAN DIE????

Ok, I'm pretty sure you're just being sarcastic now. If not, let's all hope your are for your sake ;)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    This thread is not complete without some facts cited using uncyclopedia as the ultimate authority.

Don't drink any water, it's deadly!
    http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yes!

Have you seen Supersize Me and Forks Over Knives?

Eye-opening stuff.

So what should we eat, just breast milk? I read on another thread you can buy it online, I guess a wet nurse would be more than my grocery budget.
    You could find a single teenage mom whose parents kicked her out who will let you milk her for room and board.

And I think it's OK to eat fruit as long as it's organic and some leafy greens.
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    absolutely, that's where most of my daily water intake comes from
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Does that count towards my daily water intake?

Only if you're less than a week removed from a 3-Day Raspberry Ketone Flush.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Yet you have shown to have ZERO understanding of how diuretics work. I mean, for goodness sakes, you literally gave one of the most ridiculous explanations of diuretics and even went as far as claiming that protein is a diuretic. That's really really really far far far far far from reality.

I probably just have access to information you don't have access to. I really don't care what you think. I know I'm right and I hope the OP is smart enough to listen to me because it is his HEALTH I am concerned about, not just proving some guy I don't even know wrong.

Yet you are clueless as to how diuretics work and sit there claiming that protein is a diuretic. You can claim all the collegiate degrees in the world but it still doesn't change the fact that you've been sitting their claiming that protein is a diuretic when it isn't has never been scientifically shown to be a diuretic.

*sigh*

I never said PROTEIN is a diuretic. I said that mixing the PROTEIN POWDER into the WATER changes the molecular structure of the whole concoction and makes it a very dangerous diuretic and will cause people to become very dehydrated AND THEY CAN DIE.

DON'T YOU CARE THAT PEOPLE CAN DIE????

Ok, I'm pretty sure you're just being sarcastic now. If not, let's all hope your are for your sake ;)

ikBAO.gif
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Funniest thread I've seen in awhile, especially the chemistry graduate's sarcasm. Freaking hysterical.
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This thread is like a reality show!

...and I drank 2 glasses of water just reading it. LOL

smh...
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    What intellectual equals do you have? Just a bunch of people whom are fear mongering how protein is bad for the body (when it's absolutely not, what do you think breast milk consists of? it has a high content of whey protein).
    Breast milk is OK because it comes from humans and is natural for humans to ingest. It's the cow milk that's bad. IT'S FOR BABY COWS!!!

HA HA HA HA HA. I thought you were from a chemist background, you should know that they are chemically the same! They get broken down to the same basic sets of amino acids.

no, actually they are not, that is why some babies are allergic to cows milk, but not breast milk, etc. . .
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    What intellectual equals do you have? Just a bunch of people whom are fear mongering how protein is bad for the body (when it's absolutely not, what do you think breast milk consists of? it has a high content of whey protein).
    Breast milk is OK because it comes from humans and is natural for humans to ingest. It's the cow milk that's bad. IT'S FOR BABY COWS!!!

HA HA HA HA HA. I thought you were from a chemist background, you should know that they are chemically the same! They get broken down to the same basic sets of amino acids.

no, actually they are not, that is why some babies are allergic to cows milk, but not breast milk, etc. . .

And now I'm wondering if there are any baby cows that would be allergic to human milk...

(...and this is why I hate MFP...because ain't nobody got time for that.)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I dno. I read somewhere once that when they tell you to get 8 glasses of water a day-- that tea, decaf, juices, and other drinks count so far as they are not dehydrating ones like alcohol or caffeine containing ones. For that reason I have been counting the ounces in every slim fast shake, and anything else I drink into my daily water intake for the day. There are days I only have half a bottle (8 oz) of actual water but put myself down as having had 6 glasses due to the adding in the shakes and having tea or decaf latte or pelligrino or jamba juice or coldstone smoothies or something. I've been doing this for over a week now and you can only survive without water for 3 days in the desert right? Well I haven't collapsed yet.

That lady with the "no it's got protein" answer sounds all sciencey and stuff, but I tend to rely on experience and plus I just don't WANT her to be right because I'd bloat and gag if I had to have 64 oz of actual real plain gross blech water on top of everything else I'm drinking just to get through the day.
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    Yes. And if you want to bring sciency stuff into it. Protein shakes are suspension mixtures. Therefore you can remove the water from the mixture and be left with protein powder. So, in essence, once it enters your body, the digestion process separates the protein and water.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    If i'm not allowed to count coffee as water intake then a protein shake is way out of bounds
    The reason you are not allowed to count coffee is because it dehydrates you. I was even told to add a glass of water for every caffeinated beverage.

Protein shake has no caffeine, unless you check the label and it does (for energy? for cappucino flavor? etc)

Science lady here graduated magna cum laude for science and hates that everyone wants to equate water for coffee but I will politely refer her to the movie titled "Like water for chocolate" as my exhibit A.
    <====credentials: Almost enrolled in law school even took the Kaplan but went into the corporate world instead, does that count for anything?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Yes. And if you want to bring sciency stuff into it. Protein shakes are suspension mixtures. Therefore you can remove the water from the mixture and be left with protein powder. So, in essence, once it enters your body, the digestion process separates the protein and water.
    These kinds of answers just SOUND logical to me as to my science experience in HS and college, my cooking and baking experience, and my finding baby bottles of shaken powdered similac all separated under the car seat experience.

So I'm gonna go with these. Sorry science lady. What people WANT to believe is always a thing. I feel you though. I have a hard time convincing my customers they are gonna look like an old shoe if they don't do proper skin care but if they wanna use dove soap and NO sunscreen on their faces, I can't force them.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

And now I'm wondering if there are any baby cows that would be allergic to human milk...

(...and this is why I hate MFP...because ain't nobody got time for that.)

you hate everything.