If I make a protein shake with water

Options
123457»

Replies

• em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yet you have shown to have ZERO understanding of how diuretics work. I mean, for goodness sakes, you literally gave one of the most ridiculous explanations of diuretics and even went as far as claiming that protein is a diuretic. That's really really really far far far far far from reality.

I probably just have access to information you don't have access to. I really don't care what you think. I know I'm right and I hope the OP is smart enough to listen to me because it is his HEALTH I am concerned about, not just proving some guy I don't even know wrong.

Yet you are clueless as to how diuretics work and sit there claiming that protein is a diuretic. You can claim all the collegiate degrees in the world but it still doesn't change the fact that you've been sitting their claiming that protein is a diuretic when it isn't has never been scientifically shown to be a diuretic.

*sigh*

I never said PROTEIN is a diuretic. I said that mixing the PROTEIN POWDER into the WATER changes the molecular structure of the whole concoction and makes it a very dangerous diuretic and will cause people to become very dehydrated AND THEY CAN DIE.

DON'T YOU CARE THAT PEOPLE CAN DIE????

^Is she for real?!

Please revisit your organic chemistry modules (and pick up a textbook on absorption in the alimentary canal) ..and while, you're at it, please kindly spare us the qualifications because I teach Biological Chemistry at university and I'm afraid you wouldn't pass my module.

Water, is water, is water.
    OP, if you're really concerned, just drink an extra glass of water... maybe even two! :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Aaaaand Poe's Law is confirmed. :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Perhaps people just lack the proper amount of cynicism.

(Also, I don't always use sunscreen, I don't use any special creams or soaps and I live in Florida and am in the sun a lot and don't look like an old shoe. I just turned 36 and people still mistake me for an undergrad.)
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    people just lack the proper amount of cynicism.
    That's pretty much a restatement of Poe's Law. :tongue:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I didn't know Poe made laws? I just thought he made creepy short stories you have to read when you're in school. See that's what happens when you read the devils work. You begin to think milking teenagers is a good idea. Books are the devil.
  • Lisamb757
    Lisamb757 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Only if you use natural rainwater. Tap water is processed and isn't clean drinking. Cavemen didn't have tap water so it's not paleo either. Double fail.
    :laugh: paleo hahahahahahahahahahahahahah