Do you know your body fat percentage?

Options

Replies

• stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    how do I calculate it on the online calculator and where do I go to find out online

just google body fat percentage calculators and you'll get lots of different ones, age, sex, weight, height, and then depending on the calculator any of these: waist, wrist, neck, thigh, hips (for girls)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    No, i guesstimate it to be around 23% from eyeballing pics of others, but i don't know for sure. However i just ordered a body tape measure & fat caliper, so i should find out soon. I can't wait!
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked was when I was in medical assisting school and I was at 30%. I thought holy crap that's obese. So since then I got down to 24.8% which is AWESOME! I'm still trying to get that number lower... work in progress.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    according to my scale it is 27% - started at 29%. Want to lost 8lbs and see where that takes me
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    According to the online calculator I'm at 47%. And it's dangerous! I'm in the Danga Zone!~
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm at 27% (skin fold measurements taken by my trainer). When I take them and calculate via Bodymedia, it gives me 24%. I started at 43% on bodymedia 75 weeks ago.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I've just checked mine and it comes out at 23%.
    I'd like this to be 5% lower but I got myself a little confused with how much weight I would need to lose to achieve this so I'd really appreciate any help with setting a goal.
    My stats are;

Age; 44
    Sex; Female

Height; 5' 4"
    Weight; 99lb

Chest; 33"
    Waist; 23"
    Hip; 30"
    Wrist; 6"
    Forearm; 9"

What would be my desired weight to achieve 18% BF?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    This is the one I use that was recommended by a few people and is also what Helloitsdan uses in the "In place of a roadmap..."

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

When I started I was 33.5% this morning I recalculated for the first time in probably 8-9 months and it was at 29.8%
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Well that calculator gets me at 8.4%, surely that's not right? :frown:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    12.4%
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know...it's a far more important measurement than the number on the scale.

Male, 38 years, 25.3% which puts me right on the cusp of obese. Never really thought of myself as being anything close to obese when I started on this journey...just overweight. Healthy range for me is 8-19% so that's what I'm shooting for...12-15% I think would be ideal for me with muscle.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Nope, never really checked but I'm sure I was at pretty low body fat % last summer though (3rd picture was the end of my "cut"), I'll probably get down there again sometime in the future. Hell I figure I can't be much higher than 10% now.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'd like this to be 5% lower but I got myself a little confused with how much weight I would need to lose to achieve this so I'd really appreciate any help with setting a goal.
    My stats are;

Age; 44
    Sex; Female

Height; 5' 4"
    Weight; 99lb

Chest; 33"
    Waist; 23"
    Hip; 30"
    Wrist; 6"
    Forearm; 9"

Actually, according the calculators and charts I look at, you would be considered "underfat" at 18% and unhealthy...23% for a female of your age is at the lowest for healthy range.
  • MrsTaryn
    Options
    ««««««
    32 % :cry:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    LOL Good luck trying to gauge anything from that...
    Mine is per: Gym scale 27%, tanita bathroom scale 28, online calculators (one with about 13 points of measurments, forgot the name) 26%, calipers 25% and the whopper DXA scan puts it at 42!!
    I'm 5'8 and weigh 176lbs...Profile pic what I look like... So in short, no big deal, jeans fit and lifting heavy things, so don't let even that number bugs you too much....
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    17.5% ish...would like to get to 12% or so.
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options
    The caliper and online calculators put me around 23%
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    if your profile is current, i dont think yorue at 23 quite yet - but whatever number you start with and use - just make that one go down, regardless of the number itself. just down. just make it go down. all the way down. dirty south kinda down. - but think of the teens as a signal to go get an accurate measurement.

Yeah I have a lot of muscle though so my weight is higher but with my measurements it puts me at between 23 and 23.7 depending on the calculator and I tried like 4 different ones. But also I don't want to go "all the way down" because that's unhealthy, I was to be in the middle or low of the athletic range probably

yeah its not really your weight that makes me say that, but the softness of your silhouette - which is 100% NOT an insult, you have a beautiful frame and I think when you get to about 21-23 - youll be standing in front of the mirror just staring... and saying over and over - omg i have a phenomenal body. and youll thank yourself

:flowerforyou:

also that's why I said if it tells you that you have reached 19% go get an accurate reading, to avoid going too low and to regroup and form a second attack plan at that point.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    My stats are;

Age; 44
    Sex; Female

Height; 5' 4"
    Weight; 99lb

Chest; 33"
    Waist; 23"
    Hip; 30"
    Wrist; 6"
    Forearm; 9"

WHY??? You are already at the lowest BF considered healthy for a female your age......And according to height weight charts underweight....
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I am slightly interest, but it is not part of my goal.