Do you know your body fat percentage?

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    23% for a female of your age is at the lowest for healthy range.

is this actually true? im not being a smartass, im actually asking....\

ETA - i just googled it and saw that it does say that, but "underfat" isnt like "underweight" - it's not a ...

what about -

but!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    http://www.lunchboxdiet.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/bodyfatcalculator.gif
    Link to a chart that has ages on it.....At 44 23% is considered underweight....
  • MrsTaryn
    Options
    How long does it take to lose body fat if im exercising 3 x week. 45 min cardio and weight lifting
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I've just checked mine and it comes out at 23%.
    I'd like this to be 5% lower but I got myself a little confused with how much weight I would need to lose to achieve this so I'd really appreciate any help with setting a goal.
    My stats are;

Age; 44
    Sex; Female

Height; 5' 4"
    Weight; 99lb

Chest; 33"
    Waist; 23"
    Hip; 30"
    Wrist; 6"
    Forearm; 9"

What would be my desired weight to achieve 18% BF?

If you would like to be more muscular, you may want to look into doing a bulk and cut cycle because you are already at a very low weight.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Based on the fit2fat site, my bf percentage is 41.4. :sad: :sad: :sad:

What the eff! I am 175 pounds at 5'5" and considered obese?!?!?!

I might work out twice today. :noway:
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yep, measured yesterday and I'm right at 19%. Would like to be 18%, but I'm not going to get all extreme to get there. If I stay under 20% I'll be fine!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah - I forgot to add that that Military BF calculator over at fat2fit gives me 13.8%.

Um, no - I wish.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bioimpedence scale says 28% but a pinch/caliper test gave me 18%. I don't think that can be even close to correct, though. But the previous measurements 3 months earlier were 36% and 21%, so who knows. It was a student doing the testing, so I'm not sure if she had the locations quite right. I see a heck of a lot more fat on me than 18%, that's for sure!
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    This link has three different calculators on it. http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

Ranges from 16-19% based on those. My tanita ranges betweeen 11% and 25%. Based on the photo wall at http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/ , I would put it around 20%.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I have no interest in my body fat percentage. Really.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    28.9% currently, on my way to 23%. :smile:
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    I'm at 28% body fat percentage at the moment. Its not good at all.

I'm aiming for 10%.
  • mxblond
    Options
    I have found the online calculators are WAY off...that is based on height and weight. I just had a BodPod done where you go into a vacuum chamber and they measure your muscle density and fat density. WOW!!! on a calculator I am 23% body fat, through this machine, I have 45%!!!!! and it told me how low my metabolism is!!!
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't do the calculators anymore, except for the one from bodybuilding.com, it was the closest to what the fat caliper gave me.

I'm at 35% I would like to be at 20%
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yeahhh, I am going to have to take the online cals with a grain of salt. The military one told me 41.1 percent, and the Covert Bailey one said 24.2 percent. Those numbers are waaaaaaaaaaaaay far away and just to much of a difference. Oh well, maybe one day I can get it done and really figure it out.
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So this has peaked my interest. I was checking out some of these posts and I feel like mine is kind of low... any thoughts? I do have a large frame and I'm pretty muscular, but I feel like the percent should be higher. I held that thing (idk what it is called.. BMI analysis thing) last night, w/ my trainer helping me, so she seems to think it's right. IDK whatev... I'm just gonna keep working out and eating ok and it will drop. Just curious

5'9"
    38.5%
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    embarrassingly 36.1%. working on it everyday
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    currently 28.2%.... would like to get to 20-22%.... coming from 303.4lbs to 186.6lbs, I'm pretty happy with where I'm currently at, working towards my goal. :)