I Eat Fast Food and It's Ok

Options

Replies

• bombedpop
    bombedpop Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there: Skinny (slim, lean etc) does NOT mean healthy. A person slim could be skinny fat . If you live in the US (I do!) have you ever wondered why there are so many slim people with diabetes ? or just health problems in general? Oh also BTW low calorie does NOT mean healthy.

Yes, what you said. It's already been brought up about macros and staying within your recommended daily fat intake as well as carbs, fiber, sodium, etc. Staying within your calories is fine if you have a pizza, but for 40 grams of fat and all the other awful things that come with it.. yeah, you can be 'small' but you'll be rotted on the inside.
    I seldom touch fast food because it's what made me obese in the first place. I started with weight watchers, and when I found that a big mac meal was 37 points (my daily allowance was 31), I quickly realized the kind of garbage I was consuming. I feel a million times better now.
    That being said, one bad meal doesn't make you fat, kind of like how one healthy meal doesn't make you skinny. I indulge every now and then, but I would never consume that crap on a daily basis.

LOLz
    Scared of fat, eh? Sounds legit.
    I had 3/4 of a pizza and cheesecake for dinner. I eat a half pizza at least once a week.
    A) I am surely rotting on the inside.
    OR
    B) I'm actually really healthy, strong and pizza-fueled for an awesome run tomorrow.

I have low cholesterol, low blood pressure, healthy digestion, dense bones, a high LBM, lots of energy, no diabetes or insulin resistance, a high VO2max, good CV endurance, and I've been able to get off depression medication in the last year. There's even some anecdotal evidence that increasing my fat consumption has helped my underfunctioning thyroid- though I would not be so bold as to say that there's direct correlation there.

I'm leaning towards B.

ETA: I also put tons of salt on everything I eat, including pizza. You didn't mention the sodium, but I have a feeling you have problems with it, too.
    Girl said it doesn`t make her comfortable to eat. That ain`t no big thang,. Why you need to shame her for it? Frankly why is it cool to embrace garbage eating because you ate one big mac over a month and still lost some weight. But you are still obese?

What the bloody hell are you talking about.

you like eating garbage. Great, you win.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I wish McDonald's sandwiches tasted as good as it smells. I'm always disappointed. I WANT to like it. And why can't their fries taste good 30mins after they've been fried? It's not even like they don't taste AS good...they go from tasting delicious to tasting like cardboard!
    Um, because real food tastes like crap after it's been cooked and left sitting out? Cooked french fries (whether it's from McDonald's or home made) have a shelf life of about 5 or 10 minutes, hence the instructions to "serve immediately."
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Damn this thread! I'm hungry now! And I am mad bro! The exclamation points prove it!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there: Skinny (slim, lean etc) does NOT mean healthy. A person slim could be skinny fat . If you live in the US (I do!) have you ever wondered why there are so many slim people with diabetes ? or just health problems in general? Oh also BTW low calorie does NOT mean healthy.

Yes, what you said. It's already been brought up about macros and staying within your recommended daily fat intake as well as carbs, fiber, sodium, etc. Staying within your calories is fine if you have a pizza, but for 40 grams of fat and all the other awful things that come with it.. yeah, you can be 'small' but you'll be rotted on the inside.
    I seldom touch fast food because it's what made me obese in the first place. I started with weight watchers, and when I found that a big mac meal was 37 points (my daily allowance was 31), I quickly realized the kind of garbage I was consuming. I feel a million times better now.
    That being said, one bad meal doesn't make you fat, kind of like how one healthy meal doesn't make you skinny. I indulge every now and then, but I would never consume that crap on a daily basis.

LOLz
    I had 3/4 of a pizza and cheesecake for dinner. I eat a half pizza at least once a week.
    OR
    B) I'm actually really healthy, strong and pizza-fueled for an awesome run tomorrow.

I have low cholesterol, low blood pressure, healthy digestion, dense bones, a high LBM, lots of energy, no diabetes or insulin resistance, a high VO2max, good CV endurance, and I've been able to get off depression medication in the last year. There's even some anecdotal evidence that increasing my fat consumption has helped my underfunctioning thyroid- though I would not be so bold as to say that there's direct correlation there.

I'm leaning towards B.

ETA: I also put tons of salt on everything I eat, including pizza. You didn't mention the sodium, but I have a feeling you have problems with it, too.
    Girl said it doesn`t make her comfortable to eat. That ain`t no big thang,. Why you need to shame her for it? Frankly why is it cool to embrace garbage eating because you ate one big mac over a month and still lost some weight. But you are still obese?

Ummm, not trying to be a smart alec but..that really didn't explain what you were talking about/said or add to the conversation.

If YOU are going to wag your finger and shame someone for doing or saying things and they ask you what you are talking about, shouldn't you justify your words in some way?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

LOLz
    OR

I'm leaning towards B.

I was talking about you calling MoreBean obese and saying she was shaming someone specifically.

However, as you mention is, what exactly is in a pizza that is going to rot you from the inside as you dramatically put it?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

your favorite food sucks. and you probably make gross noises when you chew.

wait, what are we talking about again?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

LOLz
    OR

I'm leaning towards B.

Can we get back to the part where you apologize for misquoting me and insulting me in the process?
    I missed that part.
    You don't need to explain who the insult was directed at, because that person probably doesn't want to be insulted either.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I was talking about you calling MoreBean obese and saying she was shaming someone specifically.

However, as you mention is, what exactly is in a pizza that is going to rot you from the inside as you dramatically put it?

Is it like how someone said Pizza causes diseases that one time?
  • taso42
    Options
    If one more person bad-mouths pizza, I swear to god!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I find it hysterical - her blog goes on about having a pizza party.

"We had a fancy Pizza Party. I was a little worried at with having a Pizza Party since you can only do 1 at a time, but it worked great! I bought the major major pizza cutter which has totes changed my life and I would highly recommend! It made cutting the pizzas small for cocktail eating perfect."

Apparently 'fancy' pizza's are OK.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    pizza gives you herpes
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Does bad mouthing count if you get the sauce and cheese all over your lips and possibly your chin?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I find it hysterical - her blog goes on about having a pizza party.

"We had a fancy Pizza Party. I was a little worried at with having a Pizza Party since you can only do 1 at a time, but it worked great! I bought the major major pizza cutter which has totes changed my life and I would highly recommend! It made cutting the pizzas small for cocktail eating perfect."

Apparently 'fancy' pizza's are OK.

What the hell is a fancy Pizza Party and why can you only do 1 at a time........

Despite myself...I am intrigued.....
  • taso42
    Options

Does bad mouthing count if you get the sauce and cheese all over your lips and possibly your chin?

are you hitting on me?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

are you hitting on me?

Maybe :blushing: :flowerforyou:

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welp. Time to throw out some things there.

1) >> "Junk food" is any food that may be comforting and appealing but is of low nutritional value and contains a lot of bad stuff like fat, salt and sugar.<<

>>"Fast food" literally just means food that takes little time to prepare, but it's now almost always associated with retail food outlets such as burger restaurants, to contrast the sort of service they offer with that of a traditional restaurant where "proper" meals take longer to prepare. <<

2) >> Foods commonly considered junk foods include salted snack foods, gum, candy, sweet desserts, fried fast food, and sugary carbonated beverages.

BUT NOW THE REAL SHOCKER...

>> Many foods such as hamburgers, pizza, and tacos can be considered either healthy or junk food depending on their ingredients and preparation methods with the more highly processed items usually falling under the junk food category<<

:noway:

shocking, right? no kidding throwing on four layers of cheese and bacon to your pizza isn't too good for you.

personally, I love pizza. so I'm totally with MoreBean there.
    (who, by the way, has a killer body. just saying.:flowerforyou: )
  • taso42
    Options
    blah blah blah

contains a lot of bad stuff like fat, salt and sugar.<<

blah blah blah

fat: good
    salt: good
    sugar: not bad
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me why I'm supposed to care what someone else eats? Not my body, not my business.
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options

fat: good
    salt: good
    sugar: not bad

good thing I salt everything like crazy. woops.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Can someone explain to me why I'm supposed to care what someone else eats? Not my body, not my business.

Well me personally.....I am nosy because I love ideas....or in the case of certain foods like pizza and dairy - I live vicariously through others :D