Women does your Husbands /Spouse /Boyfriend???

Options

Replies

• AmazinnGracie
    Options
    Damn, I wish I could find an MMORPG gamer boyfriend =c I'm huge into these games, but I agree that some moderation is important when in a relationship. Otherwise it would be a pretty lonely relationship
  • FGVC1188
    FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    OP your post just killed thousands of brain cells.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Fuming_Gizzar your post has just been qualified as obsolete due no profile photo so shhhhh
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Meh. In the time it took my husband to eat his lunch and to play around on MFP (hi honey), I cooked lunch, cleaned the kitchen, swept the kitchen, dining, and living room, did a load of laundry, washed a load of dishes, cleaned all the toys out of the yard (which took over 30 minutes by itself), helped two kids get bathed and find something to wear, cleaned the kids' bathroom, made coffee, and balanced his macros.

I rock.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Meh. In the time it took my husband to eat his lunch and to play around on MFP (hi honey), I cooked lunch, cleaned the kitchen, swept the kitchen, dining, and living room, did a load of laundry, washed a load of dishes, cleaned all the toys out of the yard (which took over 30 minutes by itself), helped two kids get bathed and find something to wear, cleaned the kids' bathroom, made coffee, and balanced his macros.

I rock.

WOW..Damn..yes you do...hahahaha :)
  • changejen2013
    Options
    I wish my husband was addicted to video games. Instead he's addicted to motorcycles and while thats not glued to a screen...its all he thinks about, talks about, and looks at on the computer...gets annoying too. Grass isnt always greener.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I got lucky! My husband doesn't play but maybe that is because he is over 40. U just go to the gym and he can have his games.... sounds like a deal to me!

My husband is over 40 and he loves to play. It's his outlet. Age has nothing to do with it.
  • Cognito1025
    Cognito1025 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    OP, that is really tragic, because not only he is missing out on family but family is missing out on him - kids does not have dad, nor wife has a husband. He is just not there, though his body is. Any addiction is an awful disease to our life, it takes away ability to live the life in fullest. I pray that his mind and spirit wakes up from this addition and re realizes what he is doing.

Can you have a honest conversation with him, ask him to limit time he spends on games? If he spends 10 hours per day on games and 0 hours on wife and kids there is a serious problem. Ask him to go to counseling. Maybe set a month of fasting all media for the whole family, and just spend time together with each other. That works miracles.

He provides for family, yes. But that is our obligation as adults. Why does it has become like an extraordinary thing nowadays. God first, spouse after that and kids, then the rest. If he provides food but does not give his time to you, he is just barely making the minimum he can. he needs to be the man God created to be and step up, kick out to what is robbing his family of God's full blessings.

My heart goes out to you and kids, because obviously he does not realize that he is destroying family with his addiction.

Seriously?
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Why can't women just shut their mouths rather than airing all their complaints about their men on the Internet? Maybe if you piped down your man would want more sex. I can't generalize though. My wife would never do what you just did. She's also sexy as hell so there's no wonder I can't keep my hands off her body.

In part this is true. If her husband ( or mine for that matter ) knew any venting went on that shed him in a negative light he wouldn't want to have sex either. Not that by not doing it there is any guarantee that he would. OP was definitely just venting, but here is the problem with that. We don't know OP. We don't know her husband. We only know what has been presenting to us. We make a snap judgement based on the facts available. Is OPs husband a lazy, addicted, immature pos? No, most likely not. Does he come off that way? Yeah to some people he probably does. OP knows the good, and the bad. We are only privy to the bad. Some people agree with her, others don't. That's why I try not to do it unless it comes from a place of asking for real advice.
  • HuwaydaS
    HuwaydaS Posts: 116
    Options
    Im not married or dating, so I can;t say yes. BUT I have brothers and a dad and they are very very organized with playing games!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Oh look..another generalizing post! -.-

Men are NOT the only ones that do this.

Ugh...I'm sorry..I'm trying to be civil - but these Men do this, Women do that posts are just ridiculous.

And the OP may not have meant to sound like she's bashing men - but, well..she SOUNDS like she's bashing men.

And for any person that thinks it is a good idea to post a rant about their SO - it isn't. I hope that your boyfriend/husband whatever doesn't ever come across this. Most people tend to get a bit pissy at the thought of their personal issues getting broadcasted to a bunch of strangers...especially when we all now know what he looks like. Just saying.

Yes he was actually next to me when I wrote the post and we laughed about it..like now.
    its a good thing you know what he looks like, my profile is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC a lot more pics of us loving each other and having a good time. Guess what else. Its Sunday, we went to church ordered us some wings and tenders then watched the Patriots beat the Texans. Oh yeah THE ENTIRE FAMILY watched the game, now MY HUSBAND is in the family room playing his ps3 and I'm in bed. STHU
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Have you ever said "honey we need to talk" and your man looks like he is terrified. Lol Why?? Lol
    Do you talk and your man just stares with a dumb look on his face??? Clueless ..Omg Why??
    FOOTBALL, SEX, FOOD the 3 things that get your mans FULL ATTENTION??
    My pastor said statistics say Men think about SEX every 14sec...
    I could go on and on with the why?why?why?
    Even with all the Whys? My man is still handsome, loving, caring, funny, sensitive, understanding, hardworking provider, protector, dad..that LOVES HIS FAMILY UNCONDITIONALLY.
    Feel free to ask your WHYs or Answer some..and feel free to add me Good Day
    [/quote]

I'd have to say my man is the complete opposite.

I think you should try and word "we need to talk" a little differently... If he said that to me, I'd think OMG what now!?!?
    [/quote]

So you're saying take off "honey " and just say "we need to talk" ..kmsl..this is hilarious
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Instead of pouting about it, tell him how you really feel. Men aren't capable of reading a woman's mind anyhow., we're just too damn complex. Subtle hints are just that and men won't pick up on your sugar coated cues. If you want something done, tell them you want something done.

Omfg!!!! I don't feel anyway about it. I don't care that he never closes the sliding door on the showed, or leaves the closet doors open, forgets to recapture the toothpaste or even forgets to put the trash out!! SO WHAT!! He works, he pays the bills, doesn't drink or smoke and is home when not working. Ugh..
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Why can't women just shut their mouths rather than airing all their complaints about their men on the Internet? Maybe if you piped down your man would want more sex. I can't generalize though. My wife would never do what you just did. She's also sexy as hell so there's no wonder I can't keep my hands off her body.

Why the hell didn't you read the post in its entirety ..I wasn't complaining or bashing my husband..and honey the sex part my husband says thinking about it every 14sec.is too long. He thinks about it every 8-10sec. And after we finished LAUGHING I still asked WHY..sthu
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    .... This topic is very interesting haha I just went through and read every single post ( getting very preoccupied from what I am supposed to be doing) . In conclusion, I agree that the OP is getting taken way out of context. She was not bashing her husband or every single male for that matter. It was just a friendly, comical, question of why "most males" act this way. I would agree that I exhibit some (not all) of the tendencies that her husband displays. I do not take offense one bit. And if you do take offense, you need to lighten up. Stereo-types exist for a reason, and I'm sure everyone here fits into at least 1 stereo-type of some kind whether they want to admit it or not.
    1. I work and study for about 12 hours a day. - when I come home I should be able to get some of my personal hobbies in.
    2. She could take an interest and at least try to play with me. - I do watch all her " chick flicks"
    3. I love her, but I need some "me time" every now and then (haha or at least like 1 - 2 hours a day)

Lol..finally someone gets it.
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I can understand the frustration. But my boyfriend and I actually do the same thing. ^_^ He'll be on his computer, I'll play video games... we'll sit there for hours and not talk. So I guess I'm just as bad as he is.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options

Ugh...I'm sorry..I'm trying to be civil - but these Men do this, Women do that posts are just ridiculous.

And the OP may not have meant to sound like she's bashing men - but, well..she SOUNDS like she's bashing men. Her whole "tone" to the post is about why do men do this.
    HOW THE HELL DOES ASKING AND FINDNG SOMETHING FUNNY CONSIDERED "MALE BASHING " STHU

Also - your pastor isn't a scientist. I doubt a guy thinks about sex every 14sec..if he did..how the hell do you expect them to concentrate on a game? Hmmmm? Yeah.
    NOPE NEVER SAID HE WAS A SCIENTIST, HE'S A PASTOR..maybe I should have been a bit more clearer again, MY PASTOR SAID "STATISTICS " say (guess he read it somewhere) THAT MEN THINK ABOUT SEX EVERY 14SEC.

And for any person that thinks it is a good idea to post a rant about their SO - it isn't.
    I FORGOT THAT THIS IS THE INTERNET WORLD..EVERYTHING IS FAIRYTALE.
    ALL THE HUSBANDZ ARE ALL OF A SUDDEN PERFECT RIGHT?? WHATEVER
    I GUESS ALL THE HUSBANDS GO TO THE GYM WITH US, COUNTING CALORIESWITH US, EATING HEALTHY, GIVING ALL THE LOVE, SUPPORT AND TOTALLY DEDICATED TO HELPING US LOSE WEIGHT RIGHT?? EXACTLY WHY WE ARE HERE ON MFP LOOKJNG FOR FRIENDS/SUPPORT SYSTEM. SMH

I hope that your boyfriend/husband whatever doesn't ever come across this. Most people tend to get a bit pissy at the thought of their personal issues getting broadcasted to a bunch of strangers...especially when we all now know what he looks like. Just saying.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    I can understand the frustration.

Where in the post did you see me say I was frustrated? Yeah go back READ THE ENTIRE OP then comment. Thank you
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I can understand the frustration.

Where in the post did you see me say I was frustrated? Yeah go back READ THE ENTIRE OP then comment. Thank you

I understand that you wanted to be funny and have this fun topic for discussion.... But your first post sounded a little hysterical. All these Whyyyyyyy, oh whyyyyy?!?!?!? Why?!? Why?! Why?!

First I thought you had a real problem with an addicted husband. Noooooow I get it was a joke and etc... But it's just not funny.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    This thread is old, but I'm responding anyway :smile: Glad to see there are others out there in a situation similar to mine.

My boyfriend works from maybe 8am-3pm (schedule is a little different every day.) When he gets home, its straight to xbox. He'll play from the time he gets home until dinner. When dinner rolls around, he plays games on his phone and is glued to the television. After he gets finished eating, he'll get back on xbox and play until midnight. He'll climb into bed and want to watch a movie, all the while playing a game on his phone.

It's ANNOYING and ridiculous. If he didn't live with me I would've been done a long time ago. Our relationship isn't romantic, exciting, or fun anymore. We don't talk. it feels more like friends/roommates.

Anyway, it's encouraging to see other people dealing with the same thing; good to know I'm not alone. If anyone wants to talk, message me.