NSV! Let's Hear Yours!

Options

Replies

• caligulala
    caligulala Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Most noticeable thing so far: disappearing visible panty lines. I don't know if I'm actually shrinking yet, but they aren't showing through my yoga pants anymore. Nice for everyone who has to stand behind me!
  • irenematilda
    irenematilda Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of NSVs until I got here, but I think they're brilliant - the positive antidote to those uncomfortable or embarassing 'fat moments' that come back to haunt us occasionally, in spite of our best intentions. I'm writing my NSVs down so that I can look at them whenever I need encouragement. Human nature being what it is, I've a feeling that NSVs aren't nearly as readily called to mind as 'fat moments' are :)

I've not been at this for long, but I've already had two NSVs since last weigh-in. I was sitting at my desk working the other day when I went to rest the chubby bit of my chin on my thumb while I pondered some problem or other. I didn't realise what a habit this had become until I discovered the chubby bit wasn't there anymore :) Better yet, the next day I realised that the keyboard tray doesn't poke me in the belly now. The scales might not be showing much yet, but I'm definitely losing bits of me already that I don't want back again :)
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I have not binged at all this week, and tomorrow is my weigh in! And I've increased my water intake.
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My work shirt feels so much better! Also, all of my jeans are falling off my hips and look terrible :laugh:
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    NSV is Non Scale Victory
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My favorite NSV- I now weigh less than what my drivers license says! And, of course, I always put my weight as 25 pounds less than what I actually weighed. :smile:
  • jumpy983
    Options
    I ordered Insanity.
    NSV #1 I opened the box
    NSV #2 I did the fit test.

It kicked my booty but I was sooooo apprehensive!!!
  • mswize
    mswize Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I need to buy a new belt! Mine is too big! Either I get a new one or I'll be punching a new hole in my old one! That is my NSV!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    my wii fit not longer calls me obese.
    I went from size 16/18 to 12. Unfortunately now that I need new cloths I have nothing in the budget for it. I have been moving buttons and sewing new darts in my skirs.
    The down side, I am colder and it hurts to sit on hard chairs, but I am overjoyed.
    I can run faster, hike farther and have much more energy.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    wow everyone has had some great nsv!
    Mine is

1. Tried on size 10 jeans and they were mildly loose!- Coming from a size 18 pants
    2. Tried on size 7/8 jeans and they fit up more than half way of my bottom! Maybe 5 inches from where I wear my jeans.
    3. Before i could barely complete 1 'man' push up(9 weeks ago), I can now complete 11 push ups as of today :)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Love reading these.

Took my daughter with me for a swim. I always get to the pool before my daughter.
    This time when she got to the pool she told me she didn't see me at first because she had gotten used to looking for my belly. But she didn't see a belly anymore. :bigsmile:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone! Congrats! All great NSV's.

Mine is that my husband and I were at the home improvement store walking in from the parking lot to the store. He looked over at me and said, " Look at you keeping up with me". My exercising is paying off.
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I looked at my reflection after getting a haircut and I liked what I saw! Was i
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I was going to say - was it self confidence or a good haircut or a little of both?
    Also I can feel the muscles in my arms getting stronger and my legs look cut!
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty good one yesterday which I desperately needed because the scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks. So I was talking with a friend at work who I hadn't seen in a few weeks and right in the middle of a sentance she stops and says "Gah! Look how TINY you are!!!" MADE-MY-DAY! :)
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Almost had a wardrobe malfunction in the pool today because my swim suit top is too baggy - floated right up!! LOL
  • txbelle01
    txbelle01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Three NSV this week,

1. I went to Old Navy and fit into a size 12, but can see that in a month I will be in a 10. Crazy!

2. I burned 450 calories on the treadmill in 50 minutes! I remember the days when I would burn 100 calories in 18 or 19 minutes.

3. Being told by several people that I am getting skinny! :) JACKPOT!! :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    This has more to do with recovering from a health issue than weight loss, but 2 months ago I couldn't get out of bed without assistance...today I can walk 20+mins (albiet with a cane) with just a little soreness.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I managed to drink like 10-12pints of cider Friday and still lose weight, I guess my 9am run the next morning helped. On a serious note though I wore a 14neck shirt the other day, yes a 14 that's like what teenagers wear and it was baggy. Result !!!
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Love reading these.

Took my daughter with me for a swim. I always get to the pool before my daughter.
    This time when she got to the pool she told me she didn't see me at first because she had gotten used to looking for my belly. But she didn't see a belly anymore. :bigsmile:

Love the honesty of kids - they're not shy about saying these things!

My NSV is my friend said I was looking very trim!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!