NSV! Let's Hear Yours!

Options

Replies

• monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Last night at my husband's company party, someone asked him where his wife was and I was standing right next to him. They didn't recognize me at all from last year.

i had almost the same thing happen to me last year, at my husband's xmas company party. THis one woman, who I've known through the years, our daughters did sports together, was very obviously ignoring me alllllllllll night. Later in the night, she asked my husband to take a picture with her, and finally recognized me. She thought my hubby was there with another woman, and was pissed off at "her". lol
  • sambam1216
    Options
    I received a gift card for Christmas to White House Black Market, my absolute favorite store, although I own very little from there. I went in to try some things on, and I've been stuck in this mindset that I'm bigger than I think I am - when I was pregnant/post-pregnant, I wore a size 12-14, but trying clothes on this weekend, I fit into a size 6 again! What an awesome feeling! It's great to know that you can acheive more than what you believe you can!
  • vickidiane13
    vickidiane13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I work in a clothing store too, I have lots of regular customers and on Saturday at least 5 noticed I had lost weight and told me I looked much smaller. My co-workers that see me every day even commented at how many customers were complimenting me.
  • Christina8402
    Christina8402 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I pulled out a xl fleece jacket yesterday that I was used to having to pull up above my belly to zip then struggle down around my hips but yesterday I put it on and without thinking zipped it from around my hips without a problem!
  • Tiff4378
    Tiff4378 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went shopping for new clothes for work. It may have been the first time ever that everything I tried on was too big and I had to go back out onto the sales floor and get smaller sizes.
  • nmf062174
    nmf062174 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    One of my huge issues is sweets-my boys very nicely asked me if I would make them homemade cookies for their lunches for school-and I made the dough and baked them some cookies. I was tempted but I did not eat any of the raw dough or any of the cookies when they came out of the oven. That is huge for me since I love my sweets.

I love reading everyone's NSV's!
  • jeff1061
    Options
    nsv this week was going shopping for cloths. when i started i was in a size 40 pants. grabbed a size 38 jeans and they were too big. had to go back and get the 36's. 23 pounds so far and feeling better.

next thing is cardio on the treadmill, started with 60 minutes at 3mph and having hard time completing. now working through it with no problems and my legs dont ache when i am done.

next was when my fitnesspal recalulated my goals and took away another 60 calories i did not even mind as i have been under with no problems on my calories every day. i really feel like i will not miss these calories at all.

i am curious as to what happens once you meet your goal. how will it or i determine how many calories i can have to maintain.

loving this program, i feel good about myself and for the first time in a long while i am looking forward to going to the beach and not having to wear t-shirt on the beach to hide the intertube that was my stomach.

good luck to all out there and the best of luck from north carolina.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    single digit size pants ( never EVER worn them ..even in middle school I was in double digits with the word "husky" added behind it for more of a self ego boost NOT)

size small shirts and sweaters

skinny jeans and knee high boots
  • SoontirFel
    SoontirFel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was able to do three sets of 15 wide grip pull-ups in a 5 minute window! I was always the kid in school that couldn't do pull-ups for the physical fitness test and got laughed at. It felt good to knock that out!
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Last night at my husband's company party, someone asked him where his wife was and I was standing right next to him. They didn't recognize me at all from last year.
    I love that, what a great NSV!!
    Mine was trying on two new belts and they fit-I brought them last summer.
  • boonognog
    boonognog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    At my last weigh-in with my trainer I had GAINED almost 8 LBS and LOST 1% body fat... down to 13.5% !!

That is pure muscle gain... I AM STOKED!!! :)
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I threw out all my fat clothes (except a few I will be keeping for PJ tops). Downfall - over £300 worth of clothes = £8.40 recycled :( but hey, I'd rather be healthy!
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was able to put a belt on!! I havent done that in 3 years.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went shopping for new pants in a size smaller than I have been wearing. I couldn't find any so I decided that I had reached my goal. Ended my diet yesterday! Yay!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have held on to a pair of jeans for 4 years in hopes that they would someday fit me again. Yesterday cleaning out my closet I found them and they FIT!!!!!!
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Love this NSV idea so much, I'm creating a special MOTIVATION jar just to hold all of my NSV's throughout the year in one place. That way, anytime I need a pick-me-up, I can pull out my jar and read through the little notes. I hope it's overflowing by NYE! ;)

What a great idea! I love everyone's NSV, I posted one earlier but here is another:
    1. I purchased an embroidered blouse for work about 4 months ago, and it was non-returnable-I could not even close the buttons, this week I wore it to work and it was not even tight
    2. I wore a blazer that I brought two years ago, and was finally able to wear it without feeling like I was stuffed into a straight jacket.
    3. A little silly, but my hips no longer touch the sides of the chairs in the break room at work!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!

Mine was completing my sprint triathlon (750 m swim, 20 km cycle and 5 km run) run-through last night in 1 hr and 45 mins...the run was 7.8 km instead of 5 km, so I am pretty stoked about it now...not as shabby as I thought!
  • hockeymom2x
    hockeymom2x Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was going through security at the airport and the security lady looked at my drivers license and then looked at me and said "Well... that looks like you... but dang you've lost alot of weight" Sure makes you feel good... and all all the hard work is paying off
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    My blood pressure is now 110/65. :D

My mom gave me a christmas gift that said: "To: Skinny girl, from: mom." On that day, everyone told me how good I was looking. I felt great. :)
  • alusainc
    alusainc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My NSV is going to the store to buy some Size 8 pants, trying them on and looking great, then looking at the size again when I get home and realizing that they are actually a size 6, and a little lose :::doing happy dance::: I love my life!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!