NSV! Let's Hear Yours!

Options

Replies

• carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Almost had a wardrobe malfunction in the pool today because my swim suit top is too baggy - floated right up!! LOL

Shopping time!
  • Ashleyyyb93
    Options
    The other day I fit into a pair of UK size 8 trousers...and then again yesterday I tried a new coat on which fit me perfectly....and it turns out it was a UK size 6!! Very happy :)

I think it's the NSV's that motivate me more than anything :) Because I feel so good about myself afterwards :D x x x
  • beckarini
    beckarini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Only a small NSV, but I put on a pair of work trousers I had been avoiding for months cos they were too tight - and I wore them all day and they didn't cut in or feel pinchy! Might sound small but it showed that something was working.
    Also when I got out the shower, my stomach looked much less bloated and fat and I was actually ok with what I saw in the mirror for the first time in a very long time! :)
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    My new smaller jeans (size 16) that I bought six months ago are all to big now! I decided to try on a size 12 to see how close I was to fitting into them and they fit perfect! =)
  • kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have had a few NSV's this week:

1. I needed a top for a party on Saturday night, I picked up the size 12 - too big, tried size 10 - still too big, so I ended up with a size 8! Haven't been that in over 20 years, great feeling as I started off this journey at a size 16 which was very tight, really I was an 18.

2. I was asked if I would help a couple of friends to get started running as they thought I was such an inspiration, great to be able to pass on my love of running.

3. At the party Saturday night, I saw people who had not seen me for 12 months and the number of people who called me "hot" or "skinny" was amazing, I felt like I was floating on air.

4. Bit of an odd one this but a friend told my husband that if she were a lesbian (she isn't by the way) she would be after me!!

5. A size 12 skirt that I bought 3 months ago is now too big and I am going to have to have it taken in

All goes to show that the hard work is paying off, I just need to convince my head that I am no longer fat, still look at other people and think I wish I was that slim, when in reality I am actually smaller than them.
  • KatArceneaux
    Options
    Love this NSV idea so much, I'm creating a special MOTIVATION jar just to hold all of my NSV's throughout the year in one place. That way, anytime I need a pick-me-up, I can pull out my jar and read through the little notes. I hope it's overflowing by NYE! ;)
  • blubberbegone1976
    blubberbegone1976 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine's kind of pathetic in comparison, but I haven't touched chocolate in a fortnight. This is going from eating it every day pretty much for the past 4 years. I did my shopping tonight and really REALLY wanted one, but I came home and ate a punnet of strawberries instead, with a teeny-tiny sprinkling of sugar. Sugar craving fixed and no guilts :D
  • xNickie
    xNickie Posts: 49
    Options
    Mine's not really a big NSV, but it sure did make me smile! Looking back at a few pictures from just before Christmas, my face was incredibly round and chubby.. Took one last night to see if I could see any changes, and I did! (My profile picture's most recent) :bigsmile:
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My favorite NSV...my son didn't recognize me when he happened upon me in the grocery store. I had on my new size 16 clothes versus my old size 20 clothes!
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    my wii fit not longer calls me obese.
    Boy am I looking forward to that!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    NSV: my bust is smaller :) Yes that is a blessing. I went from a 40D down to a 38C.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Not eating just because it tastes good!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I survived (and loved) my first tae kwon do class last night!!!
  • LetzgoOU
    LetzgoOU Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well my NSV is that when I walk now....my thighs don't rub together like cordouroy pants....now I don't have to worry about my jeans being set on fire due to friction...LOL!!!
  • DrDre1971
    DrDre1971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started at 252 lbs in Feb and now down to 204 (6'2"). I ran 18 miles Saturday in preparation for a marathon in March.
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    First time in my whole life I was able to run 4k without stopping. :)
  • jlbram03
    jlbram03 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My best friend, whom I only see every month or so, told me yesterday that I looked slimmer and that I "just get smaller and smaller" every time she sees me. :happy:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    1318753hrho4qy6r8.gif

Lot's of awesome NSVs!!

For me this week, I ran the furthest ever: 10 miles @ 8'33"/ mile ...a decent pace for me, I think I can do faster since I ran 9 miles @ 8'01"/mile the previous weekend, but every run can't be the fastest. :wink:

I FINALLY lost something off my waist (1/4"; but I'll take it); lost the last 1/4" I wanted off my hips and another 1/2" off my thighs. Getting "real" close to where I want to be....after that run yesterday I felt horrible b/c it was so hard and my knee started hurting around mile 6. After I was re-thinking the March half marathon b/c I felt so bad...but knowing I have lost a few more inches.....well, maybe I won't give up yet. :wink: I'm planning a long run next Sunday with my Marine son I haven't seen in a year on the beach. :bigsmile: I told him, he better bring his "A" game!! We're going for 10, maybe 11 miles!
  • adstar20
    adstar20 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    On Saturday, I was lacing up my skates to go on the ice with my son. While I was doing them up, my wedding ring fell off on the floor. As I bent further down to pick it up, I realized I can touch my nose to my knee. It may seem silly, but in the summer when I went on the ice with him, I basically had to hold my breath just to reach down far enough to tie my skates and hold my leg outside my stomach (other fat guys would understand). It would seem that my gut has shrunk a fair bit.

The fact that my wedding ring keeps falling off, I guess, is another NSV, but an annoying one.
  • shocktastic
    shocktastic Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bought a pair of jeans in a size 4 and they looked GREAT!

Went a birthday party yesterday and a friend I haven't seen in a while said "Geez you look great your disapearing!"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!