NSV! Let's Hear Yours!

Options

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    looking in the mirror and seeing that I have a line forming and my waist is coming in... I almost cried!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Saturday I hit 95lbs on my dead lifts, which means tomorrow night I'll be in triple digits.
  • mwalker73
    Options
    I needed to purchase a new suit and immediately went for what I thought was my size. Had to try on three different brands before it sunk it to try the smaller size. Sad thing is that I just bought a few size 12 items and it looks like I am in a size 10. This was reinforced when I had to safety pin my brand new size 12 pants this morning.

When I started this I was busting the seems of my 18W!
  • witchiipooh
    witchiipooh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I lost my wedding band!!! (it's just white gold nothing too pricey) It was 2 sizes too big, now my husband is letting me pick out a new bridal set yay!!!
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I lost 1/2 inch in my waist and today was the first Monday in a very long time that I put my wedding rings on and they were loose. Usually I retain so much water on the weekends from eating bad and not drinking my water that I have to force my rings on Monday mornings. Well I ate good all week including the weekend and my rings fit. Small victory but I'll take it!!
  • alusainc
    alusainc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Almost had a wardrobe malfunction in the pool today because my swim suit top is too baggy - floated right up!! LOL

LOL....good for you!
  • ktrauzzi
    ktrauzzi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have gone down two pant sizes since starting. At the beginning my husband said that I didn't need to lose weight. I just didn't listen to him lol. My pair of jeans that I bought the first time I went down still kinda fit. They are baggy but they stay up so I still wear them occasionally. But now my husband refers to them as my "fat pants" because they are so big on me. It's great!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Today a for the first time a co-worker acknowledged my weight loss! :-)
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    The other day I noticed when I was zipping up my size 8's that I didn't have to suck it in anymore! Also my wedding band and engagement ring are getting loose on my finger. My husband's ring is too big on his hand all together so for our anniversary in August we are going to pick out new bands together because aside from my engagement ring the set was very inexpensive. Can't wait for august!
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    My NSV was when I bought a 1X shirt and it fit me nicely (I was a 3 X)

But for me.... it was the txt I got from my hubby this morning...

I started JM 30 day shred last week and I got up at 6 this morning to do it before work.... when I got to work, I got a txt from my hubby telling me how proud he was of me... for me this is HUGE because my hubby is not an emotional/expressive kind of guy..... Made my day (maybe even my week!!)
  • mininipuce
    mininipuce Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I bought a red Turtleneck sweater two years ago for Christmas and I felt tight in it. I then gained a lot of weight and couldn't even wear it. I am now wearing it and look good in it :wink:
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    comfortably wearing size 8 dress pants (started at a size 14/16) - this is the smallest size I've worn since reaching adulthood!
  • breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i have completely quit cold turkey on soft drinks. the last one i drank was on 1-7-2013. i know thats not much but i havent even missed them. and i was a 5 to 6 glass a day soda drinker. lol
  • AbbieZabba
    Options
    I'm craving sugar less and $3X more :blushing:
  • amcassey
    Options
    Two times over the weekend I have seen people that I haven't seen in months and both noticed my weight loss and wanted to know what I was doing. My one friend told my son that "your mom is turning into a model with the way she's going". It's always nice when people notice and pay you a compliment.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    This has more to do with recovering from a health issue than weight loss, but 2 months ago I couldn't get out of bed without assistance...today I can walk 20+mins (albiet with a cane) with just a little soreness.

Fantastic!!! Keep up the good work!! Soon you will be doing it caneless!!
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    1st time I wore a bikini that summer. Looking forward to this summer when I know I'm gonna be even more confident wearing it :)
  • cheryl529h
    cheryl529h Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Appears the NSV acronym stands for "non-scale victory."
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    This has more to do with recovering from a health issue than weight loss, but 2 months ago I couldn't get out of bed without assistance...today I can walk 20+mins (albiet with a cane) with just a little soreness.

Keep it up! That's such a hard spot to be in. Two years ago I had relearn how to walk, and I think unless someone has been there they don't totally get it.
    Great job! Just keep at it, it gets better and easier as you get stronger!
  • MrsSummerM
    Options
    This was actually yesterday, but I reached my 2 week mark of no smoking and my son (12) and I went for an early am walk/jog. Did 3 miles and felt great, was able to recover my breath quickly and keep up with him. Feels great to be on my way to becoming the healthy mama he deserves to have.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!