ALL GUYS CHEAT!

Options

Replies

• wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    "All guys will cheat if given the chance"

This is what a guy who I was seeing just told me. Earlier this week he told me that he doesn't want to get too far into things because he doesn't want to hurt me because I am a "nice girl". He confessed that he usually ends up cheating or doing "something wrong" in a relationship.

Its called diffusion of responsibility.

When people feel guilty they like to think that their vice is the vice of all. Less guilt that way.

People that steal think that "everyone steals", people that do drugs say t hat "everyone does drugs".

I've yet to meet a person that cheated that didn't feel that he/she was in some kind of silent majority.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i think lots of PEOPLE will cheat given the chance. not necessarily guys. however, the idea of my current boyfriend cheating seems odd and out of character. some people will never cheat. i have, i'm not going to lie, but it was usually after TRYING to get out of a relationship and the guy talking me into staying with him multiple times, or not accepting it.
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    I just had a conversation this weekend with my best friends sister (who I adore something fierce) as she rescued me from the bar at 3 am to take my drunk *kitten* home, that being cheated on needs to become a public violation offense so our society actually starts to take relationships seriously and we can start to grow back into decent human beings again. (scarlet letter anyone?)

I wouldn't mind seeing jail sentences for ****ing up a relationship lol

Oh, you just cheated on your wife that you have been married to for 4 years...here lets just put you in jail for the next 4 years since you decided to be a ****ty member of society.

If you love someone, love them for **** sakes. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, you just aren't watering your own lawn good enough. :drinker:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    He's full of it, plain and simple.

I've been with my husband for 23 years and neither of us are cheaters. He lived with a woman on and off before he broke it off and moved to my state who cheated on him all the time. He still didn't cheat on her, because he just doesn't do that. I've only had two serious relationships in my life, my ex-husband and my current husband and I've never cheated. Even when I hated my ex-husband.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    As someone who is forever single and lives in a small town where we know & hear everyone's business... I have noticed A LARGE percentage of taken-men cheat while their girlfriends are at home. There's really no "type of guy" who does it, all the guys are very different. They range from 18-35, married, engaged or "taken," long term & new relationships, drinker or not-much-of-a-drinker, pregnant girlfriend at home, kids, no kids, outgoing or shy personality, anything.

Even guys who seem like the perfect loving boyfriend or part of a "power couple", I have witnessed trying to cheat. Or they try to get with me at bars trying to say they're single when I know perfectly well they aren't. Even guys who are LUCKY to have the young, pretty, fit girlfriend when they're, um, not... cheat on those girls anyway. With their FRIENDS even, or gay guys :0

I think the problem is that it is so much easier to cheat now because of the internet, willing partners, locked phones or simply just having every excuse in the book. Much easier to hide, and from what I've seen girls usually find out about cheating by hacking their boyfriends' Facebook or phone to read their messages. And yet, they still stay with these guys... Social culture also encourages guys to hook up a lot & have lots of sexual experiences whereas with girls, they get punished for that and branded with the S-word.

Glad I've been single my whole life and the only "heartbreaking" I've ever felt is not having a guy ask me out or say hi to me at a party, or a guy I like getting a girlfriend. Nothing compared to what those other poor girls do...

But I'm sure girls cheat too, I've heard stories about them too but they probably just hide it better.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    First of all *damn*, who would ever cheat on you....gorgeous eyes.

But in all seriousness.........guys are d bags and at your age, they prob do all cheat. If you are dating around your age of 19, the guys are all walking around with stiffies and cannot control themselves.

Find a nice older guy who will take care of you.

*shudder*
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    In my experience, not all men cheat. I have a fantatic boyfriend and if he ever did cheat, I honestly think it would be the day I see pigs flying, the moon turns into cheese and I find gold at the end of the rainbow. I love him with all of my being, but in all honesty, although I never would, I would be more prone to cheat than he is.

I have been cheated on in the past and I had a feeling, but of course, young and stupid, I didn't believe it until his best friend told me after we had broken up and then I went back - young and stupid, remember that part! Either way... the basics of knowing a man is going to cheat on you, a generalization from my experience, includes:

-very into himself/more into himself then he is into you
    -always asks how good he looks
    -takes longer than you do to get ready
    -doesn't want you to go out with him and his 'buddies'
    -several 'guys night outs' (I'm not talking once a week, I'm talking 2-3 times a week)
    -flat out refuses to give you a key to his place
    -doesn't introduce you to his family/friends (within 4-6 months of dating)
    -likes checking out other women when you're around and tries to make you jealous
    -spends more time at the gym then he does with you working on his "6 pack"

My ex was most of these things and we dated on and off for 4 1/2 years. The only thing he wasn't was more into himself then he was into me. He was all over me all the time and wanting me all the time - but, let him loose with his *kitten* friends, and he was on the prowl. He would even say to me, and as naive as I was: "I'm going to go help Jamie pick up tonight, I will come and see you in a bit." and I would say "Ok, good luck!"

Anyway, don't be stupid and naive like I was at your age... mind you, with what I've read, he is a joke to you and that makes me happy because you're a beautiful girl!

Oh and btw, I've met a lot of people on POF and made a lot of friends... infact, I met my bf on POF, it's a matter of weening out the bad ones to find the amazing ONE ;) I sure did!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I think it's a load of bull****. My husband and I have been together 7 years and he's the only person I trust fully. I know he would never cheat on me. I've known him for half my life and he's never cheated on a girlfriend. I definitely do not agree all men cheat given the chance.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options

This is what a guy who I was seeing just told me. Earlier this week he told me that he doesn't want to get too far into things because he doesn't want to hurt me because I am a "nice girl". He confessed that he usually ends up cheating or doing "something wrong" in a relationship.

Normally, I wouldn't be defending guys on this sort of thing because I have been cheated on multiple times and have gone through many "f**k you all, men" phases. But I think this is a bunch of bs. Only pathetic, *kitten* cheat on their girlfriends/fiances/wives.

I don't know. What do you guys/girls think? Is there such a thing as monogamy, loyalty, honesty, trust in a relationship anymore? Or has everything gone to *kitten*? I still think there are good people out there that are loyal and not every guy would cheat given the chance. Piss me off! GRRR.

Sorry for all the cursing...
    :)
    Okay, and I'm done.

Cheating isn't the cause of a bad relationship, it's a symptom ...

And yes, I agree that if most blokes could do it with impunity they would.
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options

But in all seriousness.........guys are d bags and at your age, they prob do all cheat. If you are dating around your age of 19, the guys are all walking around with stiffies and cannot control themselves.

*shudder*

I second that
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options

*shudder*

I second that

You don't want to hurt yourself dancing, Don't forget to stretch your creamy hamstrings lol
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I personally have never found a guy that hasnt cheated on me but I do believe that there are good ones out there who will not lie, cheat, or do anything to emotionally, physically, or mentally hurt a woman. I havent found that yet but good luck.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

When a guy starts telling you how bad he is at relationships, what he's really trying to say is "Move on ... unless you're up for FWB."

The "all guys do this" part is just a lame attempt to pretend he is not really a bad guy.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options

That is just the excuse the weak give for their lack of discipline. (And this goes for all kinds of "cheating" in life- not just cheating on a significant other.)

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. But it's not something ALL guys do. It takes discipline, commitment, and even a level of sacrifice (in the form of denying oneself sexual gratification) to be faithful. Some have the mettle to do this, some don't.

Part of the issue, I would estimate, is that while the guys who believe this are going around between multiple women, hurting all of them, the men who aren't doing this only have one S.O. in their lives at a time to be affected by their non-cheating.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    if you say ALL men cheat, then the same must be true for ALL women. Pretty ridiculous either way, because either/both are generalizations. There are PEOPLE who cheat and then those who don't. But, if someone is feeding you that line of bull, then chances are, they are and they want you to think ALL guys do. They don't.
  • muffle1969
    muffle1969 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Cheating happens, but it's a choice. As someone who used to cheat, I can tell you that that it is a choice a person makes, and that person is responsible for his or her actions. This is easy for me to say at this point, as I finally got into the "right" relationship, and cheating isn't even in my behavioural vocabulary.

I think part of it maturity. Once a person is old enough to know what he/she really wants, everything (including how to behave) is much clearer.

Of course, there are plenty of people who don't want monogamy, and that is fine...it is also a choice. But people who make this choice and want to keep things above board will tend to disclose this choice.

Being cheated on is awful. Cheating on someone also feels awful to those with a conscience. I'm glad I learned better.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

I don't know. What do you guys/girls think? Is there such a thing as monogamy, loyalty, honesty, trust in a relationship anymore? Or has everything gone to *kitten*? I still think there are good people out there that are loyal and not every guy would cheat given the chance. Piss me off! GRRR.

I am often certain that I married up the last decent man on the planet. I'm not at all worried about him cheating on me. That's not to say we don't have other issues, but infidelity is not an issue I'm particularly worried about with him.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Normally, I wouldn't be defending guys on this sort of thing because I have been cheated on multiple times and have gone through many "f**k you all, men" phases. But I think this is a bunch of bs. Only pathetic, *kitten* cheat on their girlfriends/fiances/wives.

Sorry for all the cursing...
    :)
    Okay, and I'm done.

Absolutely not true, don't lump me in with the jerks. God, I hate when people assume all guys are a like.
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
  • Rickjuh
    Rickjuh Posts: 67
    Options
    not all guys cheat!! i never cheated! and never will