Boy do I need to move out.

Options

Replies

• sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My mom knows i'm counting my calories and going to the gym (since we go together, lol) and i've told her numerous times not to buy certain food items. Yesterday she walks in the door with one of the items i didn't want. Today? Did it again with another one i mentioned. I scold her for it and she just laughs and says "don't eat them" when she knows how hard that's going to be for me, as they're my favorite and i'm the only one in the family that eats them.

I feel like the only way to stop this is to move out and buy my own groceries. yikes..

Well, unless you want to spend the rest of your life trying to tell your mom what she can and cannot buy with HER money to have and eat in HER house.... you better start 1) getting over it or 2) getting a job/moving out/buying your own groceries and still getting over it.

;-)
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    this is my problem with going to my parents' house for the holidays.

how can i NOT eat the peanut M&M family sized bag that is sitting right in front of me? i can't NOT eat them. they are freaking peanut M&Ms.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    this is my problem with going to my parents' house for the holidays.

how can i NOT eat the peanut M&M family sized bag that is sitting right in front of me? i can't NOT eat them. they are freaking peanut M&Ms.

You just..... do the opposite of everything you would do if you were eating them?
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the snootiness of some of the people in here. SMH If it was so easy to just not eat it, the majority of us wouldn't be here! Do you realize that you are on A CALORIE COUNTING WEBSITE!! If we had perfect self control WE WOULDN'T BE HERE!! If you're so perfect, WHY ARE YOU HERE? Are you here just to insult those of us who are still in the process of trying to be better?
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if you are still reading the replies but here is mine.

Generally our parents love us. You obviously do have a good relationship with your mum (you go to the gym together) and to be honest, your mum probably doesn't see you as having any weight issues right now. (I know you want to lose more, but the weight you are currently probably has you looking better than you have for a while). So...she doesn't SEE the need for you to watch calories.

In all honesty, she is buying the food because she knows you like them yes, but not to sabotage you, it's her way of trying to spoil you and give you a little 'treat' that she feels you deserve. Sometimes with mums food=love. I know I am guilty of it with my own children from time to time (I bring the older girls home a really nice bar of 80% dark chocolate from the chocolatier when I know they have Aunt Flo) but I do try to keep it either within healthy realms or limit it.

Basically hun, you mum loves you. You love her. Don't let food be a battleground between the two of you.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the snootiness of some of the people in here. SMH If it was so easy to just not eat it, the majority of us wouldn't be here! Do you realize that you are on A CALORIE COUNTING WEBSITE!! If we had perfect self control WE WOULDN'T BE HERE!! If you're so perfect, WHY ARE YOU HERE? Are you here just to insult those of us who are still in the process of trying to be better?

Nobody is saying we are perfect. We are saying that we have to learn self control in order to succeed. We cannot tell people in our lives what to buy. We made the lifestyle change, not them. I am on a calorie counting website and I've reached my goal. Not by telling my husband he couldn't buy the foods I love but by learning to eat those foods in moderation.
  • HighlandBreeze
    HighlandBreeze Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Perhaps she wants you to move out... It is self sabotage 101. But its your mom that is trying to sabotage you. Be nice, say thanks for being so thoughtful (and mean it) and don't eat the food. She will see that it doesn't get to you and that its a bridge that you have crossed. Mom's are funny. My mom would tell me to diet because fat wasn't where it was at and then she would tell me that my favorite cookies were in the cupboard. I learned to do two things, wait until it was about 5 minutes before I was leaving the house and have some or say thanks but maybe later. It basically took the conversation and put it away and we both got what we needed out of it... Hope something in this post helps. Moms feed with love. It's really hard for them to break that habit. Without whining, ask her why its important for her to sabotage your diet. Good Luck
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Tell her if her antics force you to give in, that'll you'll throw up all the food, become bulimic and endanger your health!!!!

Just kidding, don't do that. But let her know this "oops, I bought your fav fattening food" thing will not work.

Or you could ask her to "hide" it in her room or in a secret place.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    Is this real life?

Dentist kid reference FTW!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Let me get things straight. I'm not looking for pity.

*I'm 21. Trying to get an education and figure out what i want to do with life.
    *I do not have enough money to move out.
    *I work at a job that is breaking rules by not paying us enough.
    *My father is an alcoholic who is going to jail for the second time after breaking probation.
    *My brother whom i live with is a heroin addict.
    *My mother is a bi-polar woman who obsessed about her weight, is rail thin and never eats.

I'm tired, stressed out, worrying constantly, trying to figure out my life. I cannot move out when I know i cannot support myself yet.

Why are people calling me a brat. If you knew me in real life you wouldn't think that. I treat my mom with a multitude of respect. You are all acting like I l yelled at her! Here is exactly what I said. WITH A SMILE ON MY FACE: "Oh god, what is this?" -mom laughs- "Ahh i told you to not buy these any more because they're my favorite and they're terrible for you. Seriously, lol." mom said "well just don't eat them."

Does that sound rude to you?

Thank you.

Hey Tit, let's go for Tat:

My mother is morbidly obese and a diagnosed psycotic who has been institutionalized several times since before I left the house
    I have PTSD as a result from my upbringing from her
    My father is in such severe denial that he doesn't remember solid years of my childhood, I had a RO on my entire immediate family b/c of how disfunctional they are.
    I am a ED survivor
    I have raging insomnia
    I was engaged to a type one diabetic opioid addict who blew all his money on drugs and a new BM'r for himself
    I've been on my own financially since I was 13
    I worked since I was 13
    I've worked 7 days a week for more than 4 years of my life to keep my self afloat
    I had to cook, clean and take care fo the house while my mother left me and my younger sister alone from as early as age 4
    I managed to work a job, 3-sport in high school and, get an academic/athletic scholarship to college despite all of these things and more (if these weren't horrifying enough)

So, sorry to hear that your mother bought the Entenmenn's donuts again, it like, must be a total bummer and like totes stresses you out, like for real.

You're mother's choices are not yours. It's her house, not yours and you can change your situation.

Welcome to the internet sweetie. Enjoy yourself.

i cant be the only one who did the beavis and butthead laugh when i read tit for tat then looked at her profile pic....

am i ?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    My mom knows i'm counting my calories and going to the gym (since we go together, lol) and i've told her numerous times not to buy certain food items. Yesterday she walks in the door with one of the items i didn't want. Today? Did it again with another one i mentioned. I scold her for it and she just laughs and says "don't eat them" when she knows how hard that's going to be for me, as they're my favorite and i'm the only one in the family that eats them.

I feel like the only way to stop this is to move out and buy my own groceries. yikes..

OMG I LAUGHED SO HARD!!!! hahahahaha thanks for this! made my morning lol
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    It's called self-control and willpower.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    Let me get things straight. I'm not looking for pity.

*I'm 21. Trying to get an education and figure out what i want to do with life.
    *I do not have enough money to move out.
    *I work at a job that is breaking rules by not paying us enough.
    *My father is an alcoholic who is going to jail for the second time after breaking probation.
    *My brother whom i live with is a heroin addict.
    *My mother is a bi-polar woman who obsessed about her weight, is rail thin and never eats.

I'm tired, stressed out, worrying constantly, trying to figure out my life. I cannot move out when I know i cannot support myself yet.

Why are people calling me a brat. If you knew me in real life you wouldn't think that. I treat my mom with a multitude of respect. You are all acting like I l yelled at her! Here is exactly what I said. WITH A SMILE ON MY FACE: "Oh god, what is this?" -mom laughs- "Ahh i told you to not buy these any more because they're my favorite and they're terrible for you. Seriously, lol." mom said "well just don't eat them."

Does that sound rude to you?

Thank you.

Hey Tit, let's go for Tat:

My mother is morbidly obese and a diagnosed psycotic who has been institutionalized several times since before I left the house
    I have PTSD as a result from my upbringing from her
    My father is in such severe denial that he doesn't remember solid years of my childhood, I had a RO on my entire immediate family b/c of how disfunctional they are.
    I am a ED survivor
    I have raging insomnia
    I was engaged to a type one diabetic opioid addict who blew all his money on drugs and a new BM'r for himself
    I've been on my own financially since I was 13
    I worked since I was 13
    I've worked 7 days a week for more than 4 years of my life to keep my self afloat
    I had to cook, clean and take care fo the house while my mother left me and my younger sister alone from as early as age 4
    I managed to work a job, 3-sport in high school and, get an academic/athletic scholarship to college despite all of these things and more (if these weren't horrifying enough)

So, sorry to hear that your mother bought the Entenmenn's donuts again, it like, must be a total bummer and like totes stresses you out, like for real.

You're mother's choices are not yours. It's her house, not yours and you can change your situation.

Welcome to the internet sweetie. Enjoy yourself.

i cant be the only one who did the beavis and butthead laugh when i read tit for tat then looked at her profile pic....

am i ?

What of my profile pic? Speak your mind if you have something to say, Champ.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Options
    i didnt think it really needed explained, but here goes...

you said tit and tat

your pic that i am seeing is of a chest wrapped in a bra.....

i got a chuckle out of it...by no means was it meant to be offensive if thats the way you took it, which now i think you did
  • Jerrypeoples
    Options
    blackmamba, i apologize that you took my comment as a dig at you, by no means was it meant to be taken as such
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

you said tit and tat

i got a chuckle out of it...by no means was it meant to be offensive if thats the way you took it, which now i think you did

Yeah Boss, I did. Would you like it if I "chuckled" at your profile pic??? Seriously, would you? Since you displayed a 13 year old's sense humor I am going to say you wouldn't. Nothing I posted here was to ridicule anyone's body or profile pic. I was making a point to perserve through difficult times and make your own choices and not to blame others. What does that have to do with my picture?

But, I guess since you can see past my chest, I must not have any grey matter between my ears that would be worth reading past two tiny little words.

Very mature.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    What a gracious way to accept an apology. Classy tits. I mean, lady.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    Original quote: "i cant be the only one who did the beavis and butthead laugh when i read tit for tat then looked at her profile pic....

am i ?"

blackmamba, i apologize that you took my comment as a dig at you, by no means was it meant to be taken as such

I can't imagine you didn't. I appreciate your apology.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

you said tit and tat

Yeah Boss, I did. Would you like it if I "chuckled" at your profile pic??? Seriously, would you? Since you displayed a 13 year old's sense humor I am going to say you wouldn't. Nothing I posted here was to ridicule anyone's body or profile pic. I was making a point to perserve through difficult times and make your own choices and not to blame others. What does that have to do with my picture?

But, I guess since you can see past my chest, I must not have any grey matter between my ears that would be worth reading past two tiny little words.

Very mature.

:noway:

you got offended by that???? your profile pic is a picture of your chest. what the hell do you expect people to see when they read your posts???

ridiculous.

Jerrypeoples you don't need to be apologizing.