Boy do I need to move out.

Options

Replies

• IamBlackMamba
    Options
    What a gracious way to accept an apology. Classy tits. I mean, lady.

What a gentleman, fighting another man's battle for him.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    i didnt think it really needed explained, but here goes...

you said tit and tat

your pic that i am seeing is of a chest wrapped in a bra.....

i got a chuckle out of it...by no means was it meant to be offensive if thats the way you took it, which now i think you did

Yeah Boss, I did. Would you like it if I "chuckled" at your profile pic??? Seriously, would you? Since you displayed a 13 year old's sense humor I am going to say you wouldn't. Nothing I posted here was to ridicule anyone's body or profile pic. I was making a point to perserve through difficult times and make your own choices and not to blame others. What does that have to do with my picture?

But, I guess since you can see past my chest, I must not have any grey matter between my ears that would be worth reading past two tiny little words.

Very mature.

:noway:

you got offended by that???? your profile pic is a picture of your chest. what the hell do you expect people to see when they read your posts???

ridiculous.

Jerrypeoples you don't need to be apologizing.

Oh ruler of the MFP forums, I am but a piece of trash like everyone else on this thread, I know my role now and will abide you.

Thank you for clearing it up.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    oh im not apologizing for my comment, im apologizing she took it the wrong way, i stand by the fact i laughed when i saw her say tit for tat and has a picture of her chest in all its glory. and im man enough to say it is glorious.

i could care less if you make fun of my picture or not. in fact feel free. i dont let what anyone says about me, whether family, friends or a bunch of 1 and 0s on the web affect me.

if you took offense after reading that i got a chuckle out of your phrasing when i saw your picture then i suggest you may have bigger issues at hand. its called irony, its called having a sense of humor and its also called not taking everything so serious.

i could go on about what its like that over the past 3 years i found my father dead in bed having never woken up from a nights sleep and how thats affected me or how about literally watching my moms life slip away as i call 911 to get her help and then not 24 hours later having to agree with the decision to pull the plug on her.

instead i chose to focus more on the humorous side of life and how absurd most any situation can be and laugh at it. whether its a plane full of skydivers dying in a plane crash or how freaking annoying those facebook requests are to like this picture if you hate cancer.

so yea, i apologize that you took my comment as something it was not meant to be, but i am not going to apologize for you not understanding the comment once it has been explained to you and yet you seem to still have a chip on your bra on your bare shoulder
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    oh im not apologizing for my comment, im apologizing she took it the wrong way, i stand by the fact i laughed when i saw her say tit for tat and has a picture of her chest in all its glory. and im man enough to say it is glorious.

i could care less if you make fun of my picture or not. in fact feel free. i dont let what anyone says about me, whether family, friends or a bunch of 1 and 0s on the web affect me.

if you took offense after reading that i got a chuckle out of your phrasing when i saw your picture then i suggest you may have bigger issues at hand. its called irony, its called having a sense of humor and its also called not taking everything so serious.

i could go on about what its like that over the past 3 years i found my father dead in bed having never woken up from a nights sleep and how thats affected me or how about literally watching my moms life slip away as i call 911 to get her help and then not 24 hours later having to agree with the decision to pull the plug on her.

instead i chose to focus more on the humorous side of life and how absurd most any situation can be and laugh at it. whether its a plane full of skydivers dying in a plane crash or how freaking annoying those facebook requests are to like this picture if you hate cancer.

so yea, i apologize that you took my comment as something it was not meant to be, but i am not going to apologize for you not understanding the comment once it has been explained to you and yet you seem to still have a chip on your bra on your bare shoulder

*slow clap*
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Eating foods you love that are brought into the house by others are a tough temptation for sure, we all face that from time to time.
    I am successful at avoiding them one day, not so good the next. I dont know if moving out is really the answer for you depending on if you can or cant really afford to do so. IF no one else truly does eat those foods and your mom buys them for you, well throw them out, or donate them to a food pantry or bring to work to let co workers eat...co workers will like that they eat anything. Good Luck.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Buy your own groceries.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

Again, you feel the need to attack my appearance for no reason. I am sorry for your tragedies as we all have them. It seems you have Keyboard Tough Guy Syndrome now that you have a few men backing you up....ganging up on women is a quality I look for in a man. Nice.

Not once on this thread did I hurl and insult. I flatly disucssed my obstacles and how I perservered, my life, my issues my different way of handling them than the OP. I didn't attack anyone's looks. I didn't call everyone on this thread trash and I didn't take a jab and anyone's Moobs. Don't see how you commenting on my physical appearance, which I worked damn hard for, has anything to do with my coment to the OP.

In fact I'm pretty sure thread hijacking & insulting other MFP members are reportable offenses. Shall we find out?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Hmm...so you told your mother what to buy or not buy with her own money for her own house....then got mad because you couldn't force her to do what you told her to, because you can't possibly be bothered to take control of your own life and your own decisions or buy your own groceries, regardless of what someone else does. Right.....

Good luck with that.
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    I don't buy certain things because I know they're trigger foods for my husband. Why would I tempt him? Especially if he's the only one eating that item.

Self control is hard, especially at first. Most of us need help and encouragement (which is why I like this site so much!). We also need the help of our family and those who we live with. I can appreciate the frustration of the original poster. Either mom is having a hard time denying her daughter (us mothers like to ensure our kids are happy), or she's subconsciously sabotaging her diet for some unknown reason - maybe mom isn't feeling confident in her own diet and exercise plan?

Good luck! And good for you for working on your health!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Let me get things straight. I'm not looking for pity.

*I'm 21. Trying to get an education and figure out what i want to do with life.
    *I do not have enough money to move out.
    *I work at a job that is breaking rules by not paying us enough.
    *My father is an alcoholic who is going to jail for the second time after breaking probation.
    *My brother whom i live with is a heroin addict.
    *My mother is a bi-polar woman who obsessed about her weight, is rail thin and never eats.

I'm tired, stressed out, worrying constantly, trying to figure out my life. I cannot move out when I know i cannot support myself yet.

Why are people calling me a brat. If you knew me in real life you wouldn't think that. I treat my mom with a multitude of respect. You are all acting like I l yelled at her! Here is exactly what I said. WITH A SMILE ON MY FACE: "Oh god, what is this?" -mom laughs- "Ahh i told you to not buy these any more because they're my favorite and they're terrible for you. Seriously, lol." mom said "well just don't eat them."

Does that sound rude to you?

Thank you.

1. Everyone has issues, no one cares about your mother, brother, cousin, etc. Not being rude, being truthful.
    2. You posted a topic, be prepared for the answers. Not everyone on MFP is nice.
    3. If you read past the rude comments, you actually received some amazing advice.
    4. Stop letting them get under your skin. Be strong, own up to your words, and do what you can with what you have.
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    As a woman, I laughed at the tit for tat bit too. It happens, and I have a juvenile mind.

As to the original poster, I know it's difficult to deal with unsupportive people in your life; however, you can't depend on others for your success. Life is taking personal responsibility for your actions whether they're successful or failures. Just because your mom buys food that might send your into a shame spiral doesn't mean that you have to indulge. You have to figure out what is more important to you.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Again, you feel the need to attack my appearance for no reason. I am sorry for your tragedies as we all have them. It seems you have Keyboard Tough Guy Syndrome now that you have a few men backing you up....ganging up on women is a quality I look for in a man. Nice.

Not once on this thread did I hurl and insult. I flatly disucssed my obstacles and how I perservered, my life, my issues my different way of handling them than the OP. I didn't attack anyone's looks. I didn't call everyone on this thread trash and I didn't take a jab and anyone's Moobs. Don't see how you commenting on my physical appearance, which I worked damn hard for, has anything to do with my coment to the OP.

In fact I'm pretty sure thread hijacking & insulting other MFP members are reportable offenses. Shall we find out?

i honestly think you are missing the complete point. i did not say anything derogatory or mean spirited. i said i chuckeled seeing your picture and you using the words tit for tat i have no idea how else to explain to you why i found it funny. id didnt find your picture disgusting, distorted or demented. i found the situation of your picture combined with your use of the words TIT AND TAT. SEE, the items in your picture are often referenced with slang terms that match those two exact terms.

if you want to report me feel free, i honestly could care less. if youre really this obtuse then just dont reply any more as i will take it as you just dont GET IT
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I haven't read all of the replies, but have to say that while it's tough, you're going to have to learn to avoid temptation. Unless you live by yourself, or happen to be lucky enough to live with people who share your same eating goals, you are going to continue to face this issue. I am married with 2 young kids. There are lots of foods that hubby and kids eat that I choose to avoid. It would not be fair of me to deny them the treats or foods they want to eat because I'm afraid I will derail my progress by eating them too. It does sound like you have some challenges in your life/family that you are facing, but try to take this as a learning experience. You need to learn how to control yourself around certain foods. Just because your mom buys those foods doesn't mean she's not supportive. My husband is very supportive of my healthy lifestyle; just because he buys oreos and chips for him doesn't mean he's trying to sabotage me.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Learn to deal with temptations; they're always going to be there.

This
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

i honestly think you are missing the complete point. i did not say anything derogatory or mean spirited. i said i chuckeled seeing your picture and you using the words tit for tat i have no idea how else to explain to you why i found it funny. id didnt find your picture disgusting, distorted or demented. i found the situation of your picture combined with your use of the words TIT AND TAT. SEE, the items in your picture are often referenced with slang terms that match those two exact terms.

if you want to report me feel free, i honestly could care less. if youre really this obtuse then just dont reply any more as i will take it as you just dont GET IT

I don't see why you can't leave this alone and just stop. I didn't care for what you said. That is my right if I am not mistaken. Then you insinuated I have deeper issues (are you a doctor?), then, you insinuated I have a chip on my bare shoulder (that's an armpit btw). Color me obtuse but your tangents seem a bit insulting.

I used a turn of a phrase to make a point. You turned it into a parallel about my profile picuture and chest some how. What does any of this have to do with the OP and her issue. I may have been blunt and direct but I was outlining that if you put your mind to it you can over come obstacles. You reduced my comment to 6th grade humor. How is that helping the OP? Why not just leave me alone and be done with it? It seems you are having hard time doing that.

So, since you seem to have self control issues, I'll help you out and just ignore you.

Have a great day. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Why can't you drop this issue I won't let go of?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Why can't you drop this issue I won't let go of?

i-see-what-you-did-there-also-over-here-cat.jpg
  • FTMEADEHAWC
    Options
    This could be a blessing. Just my thoughts. We can't go the rest of our lives not eating things we love. Maybe we (me included) have to choose portion control over not at all. Having your favorite food one serving at a time is not going to make you gain a ton of weight. Moderation and portion control my dear ;) if we could learn those two behaviors we would all be golden.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    she just laughs and says "don't eat them"

I agree with your mom.

Me too - her house, her rules
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Obviously, you guys need a new plan. The easiest of which (and probably safest for your sanity) would be to move out.

OR - you could develop a new plan. Let her know she can have what she wants though. Painful as it is, you can't control what she does, only your reaction to it.

My husband and I each have our "safety spots." I have a box in the laundry room next to the dorm fridge that has protein bars, and snack sized bags of pretzels....things I know are safe for me to have if I'm hungry. His spot is in his drawer for his night stand.

I guess your mom could do that "in reverse" - she can have her junk spot to lessen the chances you'll see it or be around it.