Lost any or all respect for Lance Atrmstrong?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    I think he's more successful than the majority of us out there. I don't have any issues with him at all.
    They should legalise everything, as a lot of athletes are doing some sort of illegal substance anyway.

He was unlucky to get caught and have people bash his name!
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    physically amazing, morally bankrupt.
    Livewrong would be more appropriate.

This^^^^

I respect that after cancer he was able to accomplish major physical feats. Yes he used performance enhancing drugs. But still a great physical feat. And yep, he is morally bankrupt.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I think he's more successful than the majority of us out there. I don't have any issues with him at all.
    They should legalise everything, as a lot of athletes are doing some sort of illegal substance anyway.

He was unlucky to get caught and have people bash his name!

lol

People didn't 'bash' his name. Teammates/doctors came out and admitted that they were using EPO during that time. When asked under oath if Lance was using as well, they told the truth. Lance spent MILLIONS suing these people for making up "lies" about him and ruined their lives. All they were doing was speaking the truth.

Lance is NOT the victim here..
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I don't know Lance Armstrong but he seems like just another human to me. I believe he competed at a time where doping was common and he exercised poor judgement and did what he thought he had to do to compete and he paid for it. Losing a testicle is quite a high price to pay for your mistakes.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    All respect. He used lies to benefit himself.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I don't know Lance Armstrong but he seems like just another human to me. I believe he competed at a time where doping was common and he exercised poor judgement and did what he thought he had to do to compete and he paid for it. Losing a testicle is quite a high price to pay for your mistakes.

Wait. What??
  • dawncolleen0120
    dawncolleen0120 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Its a really sad way to end a career. I really really wanted him to be innocent, but sadly it doesn't seem to be the case.

I agree with you. It's a sad way to end a career. Unfortunately we all lie about something, whether the lie is big or small. But I can't help but respect him for going on TV and speaking the truth. I think there comes a time, when we're older and we have to face ourselves that we realize that not being absolutely truthful no longer works for us. That as much as we would like to think of ourselves as a person of moral integrity, we lie most of all to ourselves and then we lie to others to perpetuate that lie. And there finally comes to a point when to hell with the consequence, meaning EVERYONE may hate you as a result, you have to tell the truth. It takes alot of courage to face it, but once you do, you can move on. For that, he still has my respect.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I don't care about Lance Armstrong one way or the other.
    I could almost say "who is Lance Armstrong?" except that I have heard of him. Bicycling, right?

Why would you even come to this post then? On top of that why would you comment on a post and add to it something that has nothing to do with the topic?!? People like you are the reason people like me get reported
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    Options

Like the other clueless posters here, great job, adding nothing at all. Not even humor. Seriously, this comment has no facts, nothing to do with the topic, not even close to an intelligent connection on doping being connected to testicular cancer. Godd job sport, I'm proud of you
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    Options
    I don't care about Lance Armstrong one way or the other.
    I could almost say "who is Lance Armstrong?" except that I have heard of him. Bicycling, right?

exactly my feelings

you care so little you took the time to comment in this post, good job!