Jillian Michael's *RIPPED IN 30* challenge!

Options

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day level 1 ! Wow good workout! I have done 30ds, and i like other JM workouts too so will rotate them with RI30

How many days do u do on each level?
  • 1aussiegirl
    Options
    I'm in! Into day 11 of 30Day Shred and Ripped in 30. Moved onto Level 2 of both today. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Puhnessa
    Options
    Jillian has a DVD for beginners, I would start there!
  • danahouseholderr
    danahouseholderr Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am still on Week 1, but I do feel better. Maybe its just the endorphins! Ha, ha!! ;)

Do you like the 30DS? Do you feel a difference? I was thinking of doing that one next.

February and March where I live is snowy, rainy, and cold so I need to find indoor work outs. Once it's nice out, I am outside til the end of Fall.

Jen

I loved 30DS! I started with 30DS before Ripped in 30 because I hadn't exercised in a really long time, and I read that 30DS is a bit easier than Ripped. So if you can get through RI30, you can definitely do 30DS.

After 30DS I noticed a HUGE difference, not only in my body but my stamina and endurance as well. I shed a lot of fat on my stomach and legs, although I didn't lose a ton of pounds, but I toned up a lot (especially in the beginning since I had more to lose). I'm by no means "ripped" or "shredded" haha but it really did make a noticeable difference. I can also now run almost a whole mile without stopping, where before I had to stop to walk every 30 seconds, and this is just from doing 30DS and RI30 alone.

I can show you my 30DS before/after! I actually haven't posted it anywhere yet so we'll see how this goes! lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/bullets/9774a341-037b-4b85-9eeb-2367daee97cc.jpg

The lighting was a little different in the second pic and I still have a little bit of that shadow under my tummy but it's significantly smaller! Do 30DS, you won't regret it! RI30 is even better too!

[EDIT] The after pic was taken around Day 22 of 30DS but I didn't notice many results after that due to the holidays/not watching my diet as strictly until I started RI30

I just checked out your pictures and that is a HUGE difference! You should be proud! I took pictures too and I will definitely take more at the end of RI30. That is very inspiring! Thanks for sharing! Definitely a motivator for me!

How tall are you? You have the same goal weight as me. I am 5'2".

Thanks so much! I'm definitely really happy about my results but still have a ways to go. Jillian is the only thing that has gotten me closer to my goals and I hope this can inspire some people!

I'm 5'2" as well. I think 125 is a good weight for my height considering I have a medium-sized frame.

We must be exactly the same. I am medium framed too. When I weigh less than 125, everyone tells me I am too skinny. Right now my measurements are 34", 28", 36". I know I will probably lose more from my waist and hips. I don't usually lose a lot on my upper body because my lower half is where I carry most of my weight! :sad:

We have almost exactly the same measurements! Mine are 36", 28", 38". And same! Normally when I go below 125 people tell me the same. I think we have pretty similar body types which is interesting to see how the shred works for both of us. Any new results??
  • danahouseholderr
    danahouseholderr Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just completely finished Ripped in 30 and couldn't be happier! Day 5 Week 4 was today and I feel great. Am I ripped? Not really. But I have lost about 7-8lbs total and another inch off my waist! I haven't measured the rest of my body but will update you guys with that!

I'm really happy I can say I actually completed this and I didn't give up. I honestly did not see any real results until Week 3 when I dropped 3 lbs in a week. Around week 3, I upped my cals from 1200 to 1300-1400 a day and also completely cut out alcohol for these last two weeks. I'm not sure if that is exactly what did the trick but make sure you are eating enough or you won't lose the weight! So don't fret when you are on week 2 and haven't seen many results, for me week 3 was where it really got tough and I really started to notice the difference.

I'm not "ripped" in any way haha but I notice a huge difference in my stomach and my waist and am a lot more toned/defined in my core. My stomach is shrinking rapidly and I love it! Don't give up guys!

SW 145
    CW 136
    GW 125
  • mschleg
    mschleg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting RI week 4 today. After I'm done with week 4 my husband bought my 30 day shred and 6 week abs for valentines (yeah I know doesn't sound very romantic but he knew it was something I wanted and I was pretty stoked to get them) so I'm going to start the 30DS after this. Still hovering at only a 2 lbs weight loss which still seems like not much. I was really expecting to see the weight just melting away.
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Oh my I just finished day 1 and even after finishing the "shred" I was very challenged. I am a beginner by all means. Tell me it gets easier?! lol

Curious how many calories ddi you ladies burn per level? I will hopefully get a fitbit soon but in the meantime I am having to guesstimate. Any help?
  • ejohnsto
    Options
    Week 3 Day 5....so challenging but I always feel so awesome when I'm done! ....I hate duck walks more than anything...ever...haha. Its so worth it though! :)
  • mschleg
    Options
    I googled the amount of calories burned and it varied anywhere from 250-320sih depending on the week and what not. So I've just put in 260 going more towards the lesser end of the spectrum. I'm on week 4 now, and I really think that week 3 has been the hardest of all the weeks.
  • shabbychick81
    shabbychick81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    just got the video and will be starting soon, :)
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 5....so challenging but I always feel so awesome when I'm done! ....I hate duck walks more than anything...ever...haha. Its so worth it though! :)

Agreed. Week 3 is killer.
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just completely finished Ripped in 30 and couldn't be happier! Day 5 Week 4 was today and I feel great. Am I ripped? Not really. But I have lost about 7-8lbs total and another inch off my waist! I haven't measured the rest of my body but will update you guys with that!

I'm really happy I can say I actually completed this and I didn't give up. I honestly did not see any real results until Week 3 when I dropped 3 lbs in a week. Around week 3, I upped my cals from 1200 to 1300-1400 a day and also completely cut out alcohol for these last two weeks. I'm not sure if that is exactly what did the trick but make sure you are eating enough or you won't lose the weight! So don't fret when you are on week 2 and haven't seen many results, for me week 3 was where it really got tough and I really started to notice the difference.

I'm not "ripped" in any way haha but I notice a huge difference in my stomach and my waist and am a lot more toned/defined in my core. My stomach is shrinking rapidly and I love it! Don't give up guys!

SW 145
    CW 136
    GW 125

Congrats! I am right behind you ;-)
  • JennieCakes72
    JennieCakes72 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am still on Week 1, but I do feel better. Maybe its just the endorphins! Ha, ha!! ;)

Do you like the 30DS? Do you feel a difference? I was thinking of doing that one next.

February and March where I live is snowy, rainy, and cold so I need to find indoor work outs. Once it's nice out, I am outside til the end of Fall.

Jen

I loved 30DS! I started with 30DS before Ripped in 30 because I hadn't exercised in a really long time, and I read that 30DS is a bit easier than Ripped. So if you can get through RI30, you can definitely do 30DS.

After 30DS I noticed a HUGE difference, not only in my body but my stamina and endurance as well. I shed a lot of fat on my stomach and legs, although I didn't lose a ton of pounds, but I toned up a lot (especially in the beginning since I had more to lose). I'm by no means "ripped" or "shredded" haha but it really did make a noticeable difference. I can also now run almost a whole mile without stopping, where before I had to stop to walk every 30 seconds, and this is just from doing 30DS and RI30 alone.

I can show you my 30DS before/after! I actually haven't posted it anywhere yet so we'll see how this goes! lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/bullets/9774a341-037b-4b85-9eeb-2367daee97cc.jpg

The lighting was a little different in the second pic and I still have a little bit of that shadow under my tummy but it's significantly smaller! Do 30DS, you won't regret it! RI30 is even better too!

[EDIT] The after pic was taken around Day 22 of 30DS but I didn't notice many results after that due to the holidays/not watching my diet as strictly until I started RI30

I just checked out your pictures and that is a HUGE difference! You should be proud! I took pictures too and I will definitely take more at the end of RI30. That is very inspiring! Thanks for sharing! Definitely a motivator for me!

How tall are you? You have the same goal weight as me. I am 5'2".

Thanks so much! I'm definitely really happy about my results but still have a ways to go. Jillian is the only thing that has gotten me closer to my goals and I hope this can inspire some people!

I'm 5'2" as well. I think 125 is a good weight for my height considering I have a medium-sized frame.

We must be exactly the same. I am medium framed too. When I weigh less than 125, everyone tells me I am too skinny. Right now my measurements are 34", 28", 36". I know I will probably lose more from my waist and hips. I don't usually lose a lot on my upper body because my lower half is where I carry most of my weight! :sad:

We have almost exactly the same measurements! Mine are 36", 28", 38". And same! Normally when I go below 125 people tell me the same. I think we have pretty similar body types which is interesting to see how the shred works for both of us. Any new results??

Sorry, I haven't posted, but I lost elecricity for four days!! Which totally messed up my workouts!! I did Day 1 Week 2 on Friday, then Friday night I lost electricity. I just got it back yesterday, but I had to take care of alot around the house and didn't have the time to workout. Everything is back to 'normal' so today, I will start Day 2, Week 2. No new results and I hate to say while I didn't have power, I didn't eat well. I was snowed in and ate everything we had in the house and what we could cook on the grill. Kinda feel like I am starting over... :(
  • mschleg
    Options
    I'm almost done with week 4. going to do it again today and then tomorrow I'm going to run on the treadmill. Then next week i think I'm going to do one day of week one, one day of week 2, 2 days of week 3 and 2 days of week 4. Then I'm gonig to start 30DS
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Can we get Ripped in 30 on youtube or anyone has the link for it on the internet plz
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Can I join?? I just finished the 30 Day Shred yesterday, and I'm starting RI30 on Monday (I take the weekends off to recuperate!).

SW: 145
    CW: 138.2
    GW: 115-120

I lost nearly 4 inches total from the shred, I'm looking forward to the next step with RI30!!
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Jillian Michaels 3 DVD Set. 30 Day Shred/Banish Fat Boost Metabolism/No More Trouble Zones today! Now I have to wait for 3-5 days.
  • lremnant
    lremnant Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me to! I must measure before I do any more as on day 6.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Can we get Ripped in 30 on youtube or anyone has the link for it on the internet plz

level 1 is on youtube on the befit channel :D I just looked for it as I am contemplating getting the dvd
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, even though I'm a little late to the party. :)

SW: 175 (on Jan 2, 2013)
    CW: 159
    GW: 140 (by April 30)
    UGW: 135

I'm a week into Ripped in 30. Starting Week 2 tomorrow. I lost 2 pounds last week.