DAIRY MAKES YOU FAT!?! OPINIONS??

Options
Okay so I have always thought that low-fat dairy products help you to lose weight and have lots of protein and vitamins, ect...

I saw the actress Megan Fox on tv (known to have an awesome body) shortly after she had a baby and she claims she got her figure back because she cuts out ALL dairy from her diet.

She also went on to say that it messes with most people's hormones and if you want to be fat, then eat dairy and if you don't want to be fat, then don't eat dairy!

Does this have any truth to it or is it total BS? I hope it's not true cause I LOVE mostly low fat cheese and greek yogart.
Maybe this is why I can't lose my lower belly baby pouch and hips? Who knows... lol
Anyone have experience with a no diary diet? Opinions?

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    There was a lengthy thread on this within the last few days, did you run a search?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese and drink milk. I love my dairy and I won't give it up. Of course I'm not eating a block of cheese a day and washing it down with a gallon of milk either. I have not had any negative weight loss effects with eating my dairy.

What was the rest of her diet like? It could have been the fact that perhaps she changed her entire eating habits and she was at the gym for hours a day being worked on by a PT who probably put her on the diet to lose the weight. We often forget that the stars have the money and the time to be at the gym for a lot more hours than we do and have personal chefs to prepare their healthy meals. There could have been a lot more than just cutting out dairy.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    If Megan Fox says it, it has to be true! Goodbye dairy!
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the individual. Someone people do completely fine eating dairy, even large amounts and some others don't. I feel a difference in myself when I don't eat dairy, so I am working on eliminating it from my diet.

Try it out and see if you feel any different, won't know unless you experiment on yourself :)

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Dairy can cause bloating in some who are sensitive to lactose. Other than that, diary does not make anyone fat or increase the body fat. Excess calories make people fat not individual foods.
  • Olympian7
    Olympian7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Too much dairy is not healthy -- can get vitamin D & other vitamins from dairy in other foods
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    ALL the osteoperosis and brittle teeth!!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Too much dairy is not healthy -- can get vitamin D & other vitamins from dairy in other foods

Specifically what is too much and what would make it not healthy?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm not taking any advice from Megan Fox.....diet or otherwise.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Everything makes you fat if you eat too much of it. 50 oranges a day will make you fat.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Dairy is for baby mammals, if you're not a baby mammal and you drink it, you will get fat
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I could never eliminate milk. That's breakfast!! I love milk!! And it hasn't hindered my weight loss at all. My other eating habits (I still love junk food) are doing that just fine but not Milk.

I have heard conflicting things about milk and lately a lot of it has to do with the hormones they give to the cows. So when I can or when I think about it, I buy organic milk. More expensive but I'm willing to pay extra for it.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I replaced my daily cup of milk with a half a cup of oatmeal and didn't see any results.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Everyhing makes you fat if you eat too much, so, yeah, dairy certainly can make you fat.
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    I also saw on tv and in some magazines that Milk..... it does a body good....
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    Overeating makes you fat.

this!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Dairy is for baby mammals, if you're not a baby mammal and you drink it, you will get fat
    no
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot!

If she isn't drinking or eating any dairy, I sure hope she isn't breast-feeding that kid. He might be malnourished!
    (Was it a boy or girl? I have no idea.)
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    also, I lost 20 pounds and drank a glass of chocolate milk AFTER my workout every single day.