DAIRY MAKES YOU FAT!?! OPINIONS??

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    also are we the only animals to drink another animals milk?
    As far as I know, yes. We're also the only animals to cook their food. Should we stop doing that as well? We're at the top of the food chain, and I'll be damned if I'm going to step down from it.

Can I just add that inter-species nursing has occurred?
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    why are humans designed to drink milk from a cow?

answer is we're not.

all of us have, at minimum, a very minor lactose intolerance. wanna know why you get phlegmy and mucousy (even if it's only minor) after drinking milk? well those reactions occur when something toxic enters the human system. hmm. interesting...
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, yes. We're also the only animals to cook their food. Should we stop doing that as well? We're at the top of the food chain, and I'll be damned if I'm going to step down from it.
    Can I just add that inter-species nursing has occurred?
    Oh, that's right! At the very least, the cute stories at the end of the local evening news where a dog is nursing a baby pig.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

And also the only animals that wear pants!

cat-drink-milk.jpg

cool-dog-outfit.jpg
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    A study of clinical trials published by the International Journal of Obesity last year found that people who consumed the most dairy while on a calorie-restricted diet lost more weight than those who consumed less.

Men's Health write-up here:
    http://news.menshealth.com/dairy-weight-los/2012/12/11/

Abstract here:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22249225

"Increased dairy consumption without energy restriction might not lead to a significant change in weight or body composition; whereas inclusion of dairy products in energy-restricted weight loss diets significantly affects weight, body fat mass, lean mass and WC compared with that in the usual weight loss diets."

Amen!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    <-full of dairy
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that if I drink straight milk (say, in a bowl of Fruity Pebbles or with some Toll House Cookies), I will get almost immediate explosive diarrhea. So, I don't eat a lot of cereal or chocolate chip cookies.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    dairy is not an essential food group, and women can successfully produce enough milk for their babies without consuming dairy products. If not then how did the human race survive before the domestication of milk producing animals?
    Duh, they didn't. All of those people who lived before the domestication of milk producing animals are now dead. How do you explain that?
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that if I drink straight milk (say, in a bowl of Fruity Pebbles or with some Toll House Cookies), I will get almost immediate explosive diarrhea. So, I don't eat a lot of cereal or chocolate chip cookies.
    :love:
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Actually no. It does happen where a mother will breastfeed babies of a different species.

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/animals/news-10-incredible-stories-interspecies-nursing?image=1
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Might I suggest human breast milk.

Some crazy lady was advocating that the other on these forums! I don't understand why you would do that!!!!!
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Some crazy lady was advocating that the other on these forums! I don't understand why you would do that!!!!!
    is it any weirder than drinking cow breast milk?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

answer is we're not.

all of us have, at minimum, a very minor lactose intolerance. wanna know why you get phlegmy and mucousy (even if it's only minor) after drinking milk? well those reactions occur when something toxic enters the human system. hmm. interesting...

We also weren't "designed" to operate cars, fly, use computers, light switches, build infrastructure... I guess we should go back to being hunter gatherers and living in caves.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Was she smart, witty, and incredibly attractive as well? I heard about her...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure these animals weren't designed to drink each other's milk either, but they don't seem to have a problem with it.

14wf0x3.jpg
    ev8iro.jpg
    15yo2b.jpg
  • CoachReddy
    Options

answer is we're not.

We also weren't "designed" to operate cars, fly, use computers, light switches, build infrastructure... I guess we should go back to being hunter gatherers and living in caves.

nutritionally i'd agree with you. :)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

is it any weirder than drinking cow breast milk?

YES!
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Everything makes you fat. Everything will kill you or give you cancer. Just learn moderation and balancing and you can still enjoy most everything.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Untrue. Dogs will drink cow's milk. So will cat's. Many animals will drink either cow or goat's milk. Humans are not the only ones.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I replaced my daily cup of milk with a half a cup of oatmeal and didn't see any results.

As Joey from Friends said...bring those hands together :wink: :laugh: Mmmmm milky porridge.