DAIRY MAKES YOU FAT!?! OPINIONS??

Options

Replies

• julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Actually it's healthier to eat full fat dairy instead of reduced-fat.

It tastes better too
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Megan Fox is a hack actress that never graduated from high school. Do you really want to follow her advice on nutrition?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Might I suggest human breast milk.
    i just need a consistent source.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I have cut out dairy and I feel less sluggish and found myself less puffy and bloated...I don't know if it helps to lose weight or not.
    I use coconut milk instead and prefer it !
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Does cutting dairy from your diet make you a mouth-breather too?

Megan Fox is hot, for sure, but she needs to learn to close her damn mouth. I can't even get a weird boner about it.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Overeating and under exercising makes you fat.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot!

If she isn't drinking or eating any dairy, I sure hope she isn't breast-feeding that kid. He might be malnourished!
    (Was it a boy or girl? I have no idea.)

Have you ever breastfed? Not all babies can tolerate dairy and the baby absolutely will get proper nourishment without it.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Really enjoying your profile pics. Thanks!
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    also are we the only animals to drink another animals milk?
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have cut out dairy and I feel less sluggish and found myself less puffy and bloated...I don't know if it helps to lose weight or not.
    I use coconut milk instead and prefer it !

That would suggest you are lactose intolerant by the sounds of it.

To the op: Nothing makes you fat eaten in moderation, just as anything can make you fat eaten to excess.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Really enjoying your profile pics. Thanks!

STOP TRYING TO MAKE "FETCH" HAPPEN.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Watch Forks Over Knives it gives alot of good info on dairy consumption and how is can effect your health. i ate dairy every day and lost weight but i watched this documentory and im cutting it out now for the health aspect. soy yogurt and almond milk here i come!

^^^ Real science. True story.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot!

If she isn't drinking or eating any dairy, I sure hope she isn't breast-feeding that kid. He might be malnourished!
    (Was it a boy or girl? I have no idea.)

Have you ever breastfed? Not all babies can tolerate dairy and the baby absolutely will get proper nourishment without it.

Did you read all the thread? I corrected myself and answered the question about my personal experience with breast-feeding!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

And also the only animals that wear pants!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, yes. We're also the only animals to cook their food. Should we stop doing that as well? We're at the top of the food chain, and I'll be damned if I'm going to step down from it.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options

Or drive cars!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

And cultivate food. And cook food. And construct shelters. And you know... opposable thumbs!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Caloric surplus makes you fat.
  • ShoshanahM
    ShoshanahM Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Once we become adults, our lactase enzymes that break down lactose decrease, for some of us more than others; much of it is related to ethnicity. (I have mostly Finnish heritage, and I saw something that said Finnish people tend to notice lactose intolerance around age 20, which is when I noticed...crazy stuff!) There is a lot of debate about whether dairy is healthy for adults or not--vegans will point to the countries with the high levels of osteoporosis (The US and Sweden), which also happen to be the countries that drink the most milk, but, of course, other factors could be involved. Some people, as you've read here, find milk very beneficial to their diets.

Many Europeans have been consuming dairy products for ages; it's up to you if you feel it's right for your body. You could try drinking almond or rice milk for a month and reducing your cheese intake to see if you feel better. (You can also try soy milk, but it acts like estrogen in the body, and you said you're worried about hormones.) If you like this, just make sure you take a calcium + vitamin D supplement to keep your bones healthy. Some people with lactose intolerance can handle yogurt well, because of the healthy bacteria that help them digest it.

Personally, I can eat cheese, since it has less lactose, but I try to keep it in moderation because of the kinds of fat in it. I lost about 5 pounds when I stopped drinking milk, because I lost the bloat from my body not being able to digest it. You could try just adding bits of feta or parmasan to food to get your cheese fix without adding lots of extra calories.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Um, no. You don't need to consume dairy to make dairy. Some babies can't tolerate cow's milk protein in breast milk and the mom has to cut it out of her diet. Doesn't mean the baby is malnourished, as long as milk production is fine. Also, they recommend Vitamin D drops for EBF babies.

How did you miss my retraction statement? Read the whole thread!