DAIRY MAKES YOU FAT!?! OPINIONS??

Options

Replies

• WolfChylde
    WolfChylde Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Dairy in and of itself does not make you fat. The hormones in dairy can cause weight gain. Cows are given growth hormones and a number of other undesirable "extras". These growth hormones have been linked to the increase in the average breast size over the past 50 years. Having some dairy is fine, I'd say go for organic, but that's with anything you eat.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Calories from dairy are identical to calories from anywhere. Moderate amounts won't "make you fat." But, eating less calories dense foods like that will make it easier to control overeating, and eating more diary to lose body fat makes no sense at all.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    If Megan Fox says it, it has to be true! Goodbye dairy!

THIS. Megan Fox, as we all know, is a great role model and the absolute epitome of intelligence.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    If Megan Fox says it, it has to be true! Goodbye dairy!

THIS. Megan Fox, as we all know, is a great role model and the absolute epitome of intelligence.
    I like to get all my peer reviewed science from Megan.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot!

True fact.

If she isn't drinking or eating any dairy, I sure hope she isn't breast-feeding that kid. He might be malnourished!

Completely false.
  • Renise01
    Renise01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's not at all accurate. Women who are nursing don't have to drink cows milk in order to be getting enough nourishment for them and their babies. Calcium and vitamin D can be found in various vegetables. And with the chemicals most companies are pumping into the cows, cows milk isn't all that good for you to begin with. I'm curious who decided all those years ago that cows milk was so great anyways. There are very healthy people who don't eat or drink any dairy products at all. It's about having a balanced diet.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Man is the only species on the planet that feels it is necessary to go against his own nature. Why is that?
    Man is the only animal capable of determining its own "nature".
    She meant arguing with ourselves over whether or not we should drink milk, unlike every other animal on the planet that drinks milk without arguing with itself first.

Other animals stop consuming milk after the first couple years of life. We're the only ones who switch from breast milk (or formula) to milk and drink it throughout our lives.

Really? I guess I'm going to have to tell my dog and cats that they're doing it wrong according to you.

You giving your cat or dog a bowl of milk isn't the same as adult cats and dogs consuming milk in nature. Why don't ask your vet what they think about giving milk to your animals. They'll tell you to stop.

I have. They said it's fine as long as the animal is at a healthy weight and is not overconsuming calories. Hmmmm, where have I heard that before......???
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    It's not about dairy making you fat it is about how much of it you are drinking. It is not healthy to elminate any food group. I drink milk with breakfast. limit your dairy intake to 2-3 servings and you will be fine.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Man is the only species on the planet that feels it is necessary to go against his own nature. Why is that?
    She meant arguing with ourselves over whether or not we should drink milk, unlike every other animal on the planet that drinks milk without arguing with itself first.

Other animals stop consuming milk after the first couple years of life. We're the only ones who switch from breast milk (or formula) to milk and drink it throughout our lives.

Really? I guess I'm going to have to tell my dog and cats that they're doing it wrong according to you.

You giving your cat or dog a bowl of milk isn't the same as adult cats and dogs consuming milk in nature. Why don't ask your vet what they think about giving milk to your animals. They'll tell you to stop.

If my dog and cat could get milks themselves, I'm sure they would be happy to consume it.
  • klhalford
    klhalford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Most commercial dairy is full of different hormones and additives. This CAN mess with your body processes including how and where you store fat. You can get plenty of calcium and vitamin D from other natural sources including almond milk, kale and spinach. I consume minimal amounts of dairy and am easily able to meet or exceed my daily need for calcium, etc. You should look up Dr. Fuhrman. His website has lots of information about your questions.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

If she could get a cow or goat to stand still, she would still happily drink it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    She's an idiot!

True fact.

If she isn't drinking or eating any dairy, I sure hope she isn't breast-feeding that kid. He might be malnourished!

Completely false.

I retracted this. Three times now. DOES ANYBODY EVER READ THE WHOLE THREAD???
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    WHY WOULD I TAKE MY DOG TO A VET?! IT'S AGAINST THEIR NATURE! WOULD A DOG GO TO THE VET ON THEIR OWN?! HELLO!! :angry:
  • mariahgetsskinny
    Options
    I cut out all dairy after I had my baby as well. I am now 20 pounds lighter than prepregnancy, almost 70 pounds lost since birth. I do believe cutting it out has something to do with it. I dont think that dairy makes you fat but it adds unneeded calories to food (cheese, butter.. etc). It makes it easier to say no to ice cream, cheesecake, and chocolate. I have seen success with this. But, I have also made healthier choices elsewhere to, so I dont credit it all to no dairy.

*Forgot to add that I cut out dairy to my baby having a milk protein allergy
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Most commercial dairy is full of different hormones and additives. This CAN mess with your body processes including how and where you store fat. You can get plenty of calcium and vitamin D from other natural sources including almond milk, kale and spinach. I consume minimal amounts of dairy and am easily able to meet or exceed my daily need for calcium, etc. You should look up Dr. Fuhrman. His website has lots of information about your questions.

It is very easy to buy hormone and additive free organic milk these days. It is widely available. And yes you can get some of the nutrients from other sources. That is true of just about any nutrient and food. It doesn't just apply to milk. Try doing a search on how many foods can provide potassium. Or vitamin A. Or folic acid. etc, etc, etc.
  • Renise01
    Renise01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    also are we the only animals to drink another animals milk?

I think we are the only to do it consistently and under normal circumstances. I've seen instances where at zoos or shelters or even with family pets, where a nursing mama with nurse a baby of different species. But I don't think it's something that would just happen in the wild...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    WHY WOULD I TAKE MY DOG TO A VET?! IT'S AGAINST THEIR NATURE! WOULD A DOG GO TO THE VET ON THEIR OWN?! HELLO!! :angry:

Dogs are meant to be poked and prodded by humans!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    also are we the only animals to drink another animals milk?
    I think we are the only to do it consistently and under normal circumstances. I've seen instances where at zoos or shelters or even with family pets, where a nursing mama with nurse a baby of different species. But I don't think it's something that would just happen in the wild...
    Again, probably because we're the only ones that have learned how to farm it.

People - your body doesn't care what your food is or where it came from. It cares about what is in it. Milk is not magically evil because it came from another animal, in the same way Seaweed is not magically evil because it came from the bottom of the ****ing sea.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of dairy. Cottage cheese, whey protein & whole milk shakes everyday haven't hurt me at all. Actually, I look better than I did when I didn't ingest dairy and I have kids. I'll admit that Megan Fox does look good, though.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    My guess is that most actresses in Hollywood today say they work out and eat right, but probably just mainline amphetemines to stay skinny. Hey, worked in the past!

Moral of the story: drink your milk!