Replies

• AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    to make it simple I follow IIFYM
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Milk is for baby cows. Period. We're the only species to drink the milk from another species, and we're also the only species who continues to drink milk after infancy. If you really take a few minutes to take that in, it will seem silly. When it comes to cheese there is no such thing as low fat cheese, fat free cheese. Cheese IS fat. Not to mention the whole cruelty factor behind the milk industry. Cows only give milk if they've given birth, just like us. So they're forced to STAY pregnant, and then eventually slaughtered when they're spent. I'd say dairy is the devil = /

exactly. I always wondered who was the first person to look at a cow's udders and think "MMMM Im gonna get me some of that!"

and those of you citing studies showing dairy led to weight loss..who do you think PAID for those studies??? The dairy industry...

Dairy is acidic and creates an acidic environment in your body so calcium actually leaches out of your bones to counteract the acidity....so in reality you are doing more harm than good to your bones by drinking milk for the calcium. You get more calcium from dark green veggies or plant milk than cows milk...without the acidic side effects.
    :laugh:

You're funny.

...Wait.

You're serious?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    WHY WOULD I TAKE MY DOG TO A VET?! IT'S AGAINST THEIR NATURE! WOULD A DOG GO TO THE VET ON THEIR OWN?! HELLO!! :angry:

My doberman got out of the yard and took herself to the vet through a busy intersection. She LOVED it up there; they had cookies.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take diet advice from someone who looks that bony in real life, up close in daylight.

Screen+shot+2010-11-07+at+1.05.59+AM.png
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Milk is for baby cows. Period. We're the only species to drink the milk from another species, and we're also the only species who continues to drink milk after infancy. If you really take a few minutes to take that in, it will seem silly. When it comes to cheese there is no such thing as low fat cheese, fat free cheese. Cheese IS fat. Not to mention the whole cruelty factor behind the milk industry. Cows only give milk if they've given birth, just like us. So they're forced to STAY pregnant, and then eventually slaughtered when they're spent. I'd say dairy is the devil = /

exactly. I always wondered who was the first person to look at a cow's udders and think "MMMM Im gonna get me some of that!"

and those of you citing studies showing dairy led to weight loss..who do you think PAID for those studies??? The dairy industry...

Dairy is acidic and creates an acidic environment in your body so calcium actually leaches out of your bones to counteract the acidity....so in reality you are doing more harm than good to your bones by drinking milk for the calcium. You get more calcium from dark green veggies or plant milk than cows milk...without the acidic side effects.

You're funny.

...Wait.

You're serious?

yes I am. Go ahead and laugh but there is a TON of information backing what I said:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/248912-foods-that-leach-calcium/
    http://milk.elehost.com/html/why_does_calcuim_leave_the_bon.html
    http://www.pcrm.org/health/health-topics/calcium-and-strong-bones

Too much dairy is harmful..not helpful But the dairy industry wants you to believe otherwise....much like tobacco companies.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

You're funny.

...Wait.

You're serious?

yes I am. Go ahead and laugh but there is a TON of information backing what I said:

Too much dairy is harmful..not helpful But the dairy industry wants you to believe otherwise....much like tobacco companies.

Sorry, I have to chime in here. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

You're funny.

...Wait.

You're serious?

Got some actual quality sources for that?

You know if it's because it's acidic, fruit would be sucking the calcium out of your bones too, right? :P
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

You're funny.

...Wait.

You're serious?

Got some actual quality sources for that?

You know if it's because it's acidic, fruit would be sucking the calcium out of your bones too, right? :P

Whew! Good thing I left my tinfoil hat on!!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have always thought that low-fat dairy products help you to lose weight and have lots of protein and vitamins, ect...

I saw the actress Megan Fox on tv (known to have an awesome body) shortly after she had a baby and she claims she got her figure back because she cuts out ALL dairy from her diet.

She also went on to say that it messes with most people's hormones and if you want to be fat, then eat dairy and if you don't want to be fat, then don't eat dairy!

Does this have any truth to it or is it total BS? I hope it's not true cause I LOVE mostly low fat cheese and greek yogart.
    Maybe this is why I can't lose my lower belly baby pouch and hips? Who knows... lol
    Anyone have experience with a no diary diet? Opinions?

I once heard that if you eat a gallon of ice cream starting from the bottom of the carton, you will actually LOSE 5 pounds.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot!

If she isn't drinking or eating any dairy, I sure hope she isn't breast-feeding that kid. He might be malnourished!
    (Was it a boy or girl? I have no idea.)

I agree on the first part, but disagree on the second. I'm lactose intolerant and have breastfed healthily. I easily got the nutrients I missed from dairy products by adding in leafy greens and some other foods.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Dairy is for baby mammals, if you're not a baby mammal and you drink it, you will get fat

straight out of the book Skinny Bi*ch... huh?

I go through roughly 2 gallons of 2% percent milk a week (cereal and 1 glass of chocolate milk before bed) and I've lost close to 80lbs. I'd give up food before I'd give up my milk.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Article includes contradictory studies and admits that more research is needed. LOLZ
    Sketchy homemade site. Sources that date from 1979 to 1994 and focus on the effect of protein on bones, not dairy. LOLZ
    Militant vegan PETA-funded site. LOLZ
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options

Actually, a lot of recent dairy studies were funded by obesity foundations who were actually planning to prove that dairy inhibited weight loss but (as is sometimes the case in research) found that the exact opposite was true - it increased weight loss and in particular belly fat loss even when the same amount of calories were consumed.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Is Megan Fox a Certified Dietician or Licensed Nutritionist? I think not.
    No, but she's a <gasp!> MOVIE STAR! And everybody knows that MOVIE STARS know everything and we should always listen to them and follow every word they say!!1!!1!!!

To the OP - dairy doesn't make you fat. Taking in more calories than you expend makes you fat. Unless you're lactose intolerant or just don't like dairy for whatever reason, there's no benefit in cutting it out of your diet.
  • tyoung75
    tyoung75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Some of the answers in this thread make me sad for humanity.... The only correct answer is anything you eat, if not eaten in moderation, will make you fat. If you eat wisely and stay active... well you get the point. If you are going to take health and diet advice from an anorexic looking Celeb over what say, your doctor, would tell you then more power to you. I however wouldn't take opinions (that's all these really are) over consulting your physician or going based on your OWN bodies reaction. Pretty simple.
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    We're the only species to drink the milk from another species, and we're also the only species who continues to drink milk after infancy.

Did you happen to grow up around farms? Well, I did and I certainly saw a lot of animals drink directly from other animals after they had given birth including adult animals. So yeah, as many times as I read this, I can't really buy it.
  • MegWilbe
    MegWilbe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Dairy contains large amounts of casin, which is cancer causing. Lowfat and Fatfree dairy is full of sugar which does make you fat or at least hard to lose weight. You cant burn fat if your body is too busy burning sugar.
  • InsaneShalaine
    Options
    No. You make yourself fat.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Dairy contains large amounts of casin, which is cancer causing. Lowfat and Fatfree dairy is full of sugar which does make you fat or at least hard to lose weight. You cant burn fat if your body is too busy burning sugar.

And what do you have for a reputable source that proves this?
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    Dairy generally is high calorie - not including certain "skim" products that have been stripped/modified. By her saying not using dairy that obviously includes things like cheese, ice cream and a myriad of foods, normally processed that most consume on a daily basis.

Milk is produced by lactating cows meant to feed baby cows, not us.
    There is pure accepted science that dairy is not only not that good for you, but overconsumption promotes a ton of bad things within your body. Its the inconvenient truth.

Is most dairy high calorie? Hell yes. That said I think almost anything in moderation is fine.