Women who lift heavy

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Oh God, a bunch of n00bs who think they know everything about lifting. This is why you don't go to a fitness forum with 90% women.
    5c0b82a2_tumblr_m3avb2VUCj1rv3ch6o1_250_zps93fdb3af.gif
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I never quite understand why people feel the need to compare what weight they lift in comparison to others. It's all relative. The only thing that matters is that YOU are making progress and going as heavy as you can.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    At least I've actually done Starting Strength and Wendler's 5/3/1 for a substantial amount of time unlike most all of you.

But you're right, my 16th post WAS a waste. I'm going to get back to real lifting forums where people actually have a single clue about lifting and assitance work.

Someone learn her quick...
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    At least I've actually done Starting Strength and Wendler's 5/3/1 for a substantial amount of time unlike most all of you.

But you're right, my 16th post WAS a waste. I'm going to get back to real lifting forums where people actually have a single clue about lifting and assitance work.
    Seriously? That's all you've got.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You're cute.

Toodles. I have a feeling you won't be missed.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Don't let the door hit you in your high and mighty *kitten* on the way out.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Oh God, a bunch of n00bs who think they know everything about lifting. This is why you don't go to a fitness forum with 90% women.

Really?? well I would say 90% of these women DO know and you can see proof by their awesome pics and PRs - and the suggested SL program is great advice - has me lifting heavy things quite nicely and its a great recommendation of compound lifts -- so Ill bite:

what is YOUR advice??
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

How do you know what any of us have done?
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

Right.....because you know ALL of us so well. Be gone now.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

Seriously? That's all you've got.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You're cute.

Toodles. I have a feeling you won't be missed.

Lea FTW!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Heavy is a relative term, relative to your ability. You want to lift heavy enough that it's a challenge. You want to lift more than you did last time. That's what lifting "heavy" is about. Also, conversations about lifting heavy generally revolve around the big compound lifts. Not isolation lifts for the biceps, triceps, shoulders and back. Not that there's anything wrong with isolation moves; it's just that for the majority of us, our time is more efficiently used doing the big lifts. Most of us have a long way to go before we've exhausted those gains and need to focus on specific body parts.

Yes I am a man answering this thread, because it's a unisex topic. There aren't any special tweaks that I've ever heard of for women lifting vs men lifting.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

Whatever..

StartedWorkingOutAgain-72850.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Says the 24 year old woman.

Please, enlighten us with your wisdom. I'm dying with anticipation.

We're waiting...

I am interested in the words of wisdom she would like to impart also.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options

I know, I haven't a clue. Not even a little bit. Somehow I managed to drop 70 lbs and these little balls just appeared on my shoulders. The weirdest thing. I mean, all I did was run on a treadmill and I haz muscles now! (notsrs) O_o

Yes, please go back to your "real" lifting forums...they'll devour your narcissistic *kitten*.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    Replies with specific numbers are pointless. "Going heavy" is heavy for YOU!!!

^^^THIS!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

Ground breaking this was not. Here I thought you had a secret...that all the women here that lift do not.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i cant remember all the weights i use because my trainer adjusts weights for me and i dont pay attention half the time

on a good day i deadlift 220lbs , today i did shoulder press at 70lbs , bench press fluctuates from 130 to 160lbs . leg press fluctuates too from 470-560

weight lifting should be determined to your goals . everyone is different
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Cool story bro!

You are funny.

So, what assistance work do you do with Starting Strength? Please, enlighten us all!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Says the 24 year old woman.

Please, enlighten us with your wisdom. I'm dying with anticipation.

We're waiting...

I am interested in the words of wisdom she would like to impart also.
    Bout time you showed up!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Good idea. Go to bodybuilding.com or something and see what happens when you talk about new lifters doing direct arm work.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options

How do you know what we've done?
This discussion has been closed.