What does your username mean?

Options

Replies

• zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    was the suggested AOL screen name suggested to me by AOL after ninhnguyen was taken. This was back in 1992
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    my first name and the initials of my borough, Waltham Forest.
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Its the town I lived in when I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Gabon.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Mine is stupid and I wish i could change it LOL I dunno what I was thinking. My name is Ted and I was listening to a LOT of Kendrick Lamar at the time...
  • BeverlyHillsCop
    BeverlyHillsCop Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    An iconic Eddie Murphy released in 1984.
  • Maddius
    Maddius Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When studying para medicine we were all given nic names my surname was the same as a crim in Australia at the time & he was dubbed Mad Dog by the media, hence I initially became Mad Dog. The next week we invited all of the nurses to a toga party in a city park & the guys decided Maddius to be a more Romanesque version of Mad Dog. The name Maddius stuck thereafter.
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    i'm a spy....from cairo :)

LOL
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I was born in Trinidad & Tobago in the late 60's. Part of going to the beach with family was cooking food to bring (Pelau) and collecting food there. This meant going up the beach to climb coconut trees & catching blue crab to eat.

It's hard to describe but there were always more people who showed up or gathered (neighbors, people who heard there was food :laugh: whatever, all were welcome) so it was something that was always done, adding found food to the fare.

Fast forward 20 years to NYC & my mom (always disapproving) of us 'hanging out in the streets', when we, as girls used to gather at the house to get ready for a summer night out, she used to ask in a sarcastic way 'Ay Ay. Wey all uh you chirren goin?....a hukilau??!! This was always accompanied by 'cut eye' (dirty look) and a 'styuuups' (looong & loudly sucking her teeth).

We thought it was hilarious because back then, NO ONE knew wth she was talking about :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    My name is Hayley, Hayley spelled backwards is Yelyah. Yelliez. I have NO idea! :)
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Griff = Nickname
    7809 = First C-130 aircraft tail number I was the Dedicated Crew Chief on.
  • SmoothRiko
    SmoothRiko Posts: 193
    Options
    It's my pseudonym. the whole thing is Johnny S. Banx. It's like a stage name of sorts...haha.
  • SmoothRiko
    SmoothRiko Posts: 193
    Options
    Mine is stupid and I wish i could change it LOL I dunno what I was thinking. My name is Ted and I was listening to a LOT of Kendrick Lamar at the time...

But know that makes sense tho!

Kendrick Lamar is the truth!
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd so from the age of 12 or so all my names had to deal with some sort of meaning.

ZeroAccess means the ability to obtain information in such a short period of time it appears as if no time has transpired at all.

I've had this name for 15 years now.
  • kikionna4
    kikionna4 Posts: 308
    Options
    It's a nickname of mine infused with my first name. 4 represents my family I guess? I'm not sure considering I like odd numbers not even.
  • Drunken_WarHero
    Options
    Username timeline!

Survived Desert Shield.
    Got drunk.
    Survived Israeli West Bank Patrols (barely).
    Got really drunk.
    Survived Fallujah (while drunk)
    More drinking.
    Fell in love with brown girls.
    Needed to be drunk to date them.
    Got fat from indian food.
    Made MFP account (while drunk).
    Bam!
  • DreaMuffin
    DreaMuffin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Drea is my nickname. and i'm shrinking my Muffin top!

oh and i love to bake - Muffin's especially :smile:
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Oh, mine is part of my mommy issues.

She read a book about body types back when I was 13 or so, labelled us both as the type "endomorph," and spent every day after that (it still continues) bemoaning how much she hates her body, how much our body type sucks , and general negativity. Not exactly the healthiest way to raise your teenage daughter.

So anyway, it kind of became a joke between my husband and I. When I can't open a peanut butter jar, when I eat all the peanut butter in the jar, when I don't feel like going to the gym because I at too much peanut butter...
  • christarae1
    christarae1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Mine is my first and middle name. BOOORRRRIIINNNGGG compared to some of the names on here!! lol
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Mine is my battle cry, to keep moving onward and downward (Scalewise) !
  • thegabbleduck
    thegabbleduck Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mine is from a short story by Neal Asher

Softly Spoke the Gabbleduck (2005)
    A Gabbleduck has six arms, a beak, looks like a massive fleshy pyramid and talks nonsense that almost, but not quite evokes language. Having it on the trail of your hunting party is bad news.

:D