An Argument Against Fast Food

Options

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Fast food in general is bad for you. it's not natural . I don't care if you like it or can lose weight while eating it. It's bad for you. Fry a chicken and it's way less healthy then baked. Can't dispute that. Throw out all the links and all the people who lost weight while eating it stories you want. Fast food is not healthy. Most of it is pre-packaged, per made, full of filler and chemicals barely grade edible food. Are there better choices then others at fast food places? sure. that doesn't make them inherently healthy. the first things doctors will tell you when embarking on a journey towards health is to cut fatty greasy sugar laden foods from your diet and to eat fruit vegetable and real meat. Mine did. I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise? I drink beer, but i'm not going to come on here and argue the "healthy" merits of beer. It's not healthy. I drink it because I want to. End of story. It's way better for me then fast food, but it's by not means healthy and you won't get that argument from me. I also manage to lose weight and am getting back to health while still drinking it. Still not healthy. same concept.

The person who eats it once or twice a year will have no real effects from it, (well maybe in the long run depends what choices they make) that does not negate the fact that it's unhealthy and very bad for you! Eating it often will produce negative side affects in the long run. right. that means not today, not tomorrow., but in the future.. when your body is less equipped to handle it.

I get it.. everyone wants to defend their food choices, because they feel like when you make a statement such as this it is something against you, because you do said behavior. A fact is a fact, whether you want to accept it or not.

you rock. :)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Fast food in general is bad for you. it's not natural . I don't care if you like it or can lose weight while eating it. It's bad for you. Fry a chicken and it's way less healthy then baked. Can't dispute that. Throw out all the links and all the people who lost weight while eating it stories you want. Fast food is not healthy. Most of it is pre-packaged, per made, full of filler and chemicals barely grade edible food. Are there better choices then others at fast food places? sure. that doesn't make them inherently healthy. the first things doctors will tell you when embarking on a journey towards health is to cut fatty greasy sugar laden foods from your diet and to eat fruit vegetable and real meat. Mine did. I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise? I drink beer, but i'm not going to come on here and argue the "healthy" merits of beer. It's not healthy. I drink it because I want to. End of story. It's way better for me then fast food, but it's by not means healthy and you won't get that argument from me. I also manage to lose weight and am getting back to health while still drinking it. Still not healthy. same concept.

The person who eats it once or twice a year will have no real effects from it, (well maybe in the long run depends what choices they make) that does not negate the fact that it's unhealthy and very bad for you! Eating it often will produce negative side affects in the long run. right. that means not today, not tomorrow., but in the future.. when your body is less equipped to handle it.

I get it.. everyone wants to defend their food choices, because they feel like when you make a statement such as this it is something against you, because you do said behavior. A fact is a fact, whether you want to accept it or not.

like two peas in a freakin' pod. LOL
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Coach: if you are 5'7" and 137lbs you should be eating all the fast foodz.

dude i'm good man. building muscle and eating clean at the same time. it's slow going, but it's' better for me in the long run. :)

I've put on over 10 pounds of muscle in the last few months while dropping my body fat to sub 10%

Oh rly???

by few it's more like 6 months, but yeah rly. everyone on these boards has already seen my ill-fated pics in the other thread. :P

So according to your diary, you're scarfing down chocolate covered donuts and crackers while preaching this garbage. Does the Shakeology shake "detox" that out of your body? Please give us the holy word.

lol my diary is also full of a ton of whole foods. today wasn't perfect. look at yesterday. absolute perfection. :P

i've already said 90/10.

to set things straight. ONE donut and 7 crackers. I'd have thought that was a model of moderation for you fast-food junkies!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

dude i'm good man. building muscle and eating clean at the same time. it's slow going, but it's' better for me in the long run. :)

I've put on over 10 pounds of muscle in the last few months while dropping my body fat to sub 10%

Oh rly???

by few it's more like 6 months, but yeah rly. everyone on these boards has already seen my ill-fated pics in the other thread. :P

So according to your diary, you're scarfing down chocolate covered donuts and crackers while preaching this garbage. Does the Shakeology shake "detox" that out of your body? Please give us the holy word.

lol my diary is also full of a ton of whole foods. today wasn't perfect. look at yesterday. absolute perfection. :P

i've already said 90/10.

to set things straight. ONE donut and 7 crackers. I'd have thought that was a model of moderation for you fast-food junkies!

What you just said, is what we all have been saying all along. Either your reading comprehension skills are horrendous or you just changed your position. You're a young, wet behind the ears hypocrite. You will eventually grow up but I'm not waiting around for it.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

lol.. at least this pod will have the best food! LOL
  • Jennaissance
    Options

Well said and I also love beer but when I only ate fast food one or twice a year I could REALLY feel the effects of it. It was super-pronounced (instant loss of energy, lethargy, bloating, etc.) It's now that I eat crap more often that I feel the effects less, though in general I have grown used to feeling crappy.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Oh rly???

i've already said 90/10.

And so BK, Subway, Panera and Dominoes is okay in moderation, right?
    But your post was discussing about cutting it out completely...not to eat in moderation.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

i may at some point. however they probably just talk about how eating clean doesn't matter, right?

if someone WANTS to go the extra mile, they shouldn't be vilified for it. if you guys want the easy, quick fixes, then go for it! that's your choice! :)

Excuse me..I'm sorry....easy, quick fixes....seriously did you just... :explode: :mad:

arguing on behalf of fast food means you want to keep that in your diet. that's much easier than eliminating it no? even though you all know it's really not great for you?

A donut can be easily eliminated from your diet, right Coachie? Then why do you eat them and put them in your diary for everyone to see, even though you know aforementioned donut is not good for you?

/mosthypocriticalthreadeverpleaesend

haha you can leave any time you want. ;)
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    so it uses more energy to eat fast food, sounds like I can eat more calories. inb4 flame war

also theres this

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22935042
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Oh rly???

i've already said 90/10.

But your post was discussing about cutting it out completely...not to eat in moderation.

can you copy+paste where I said that in my initial post, please?
  • CoachReddy
    Options

and we'll be much happier than all these angry folks! :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Well said and I also love beer but when I only ate fast food one or twice a year I could REALLY feel the effects of it. It was super-pronounced (instant loss of energy, lethargy, bloating, etc.) It's now that I eat crap more often that I feel the effects less, though in general I have grown used to feeling crappy.

ladies and gentlemen.... why are we arguing? 11 pages in, 2 days after an epic 20 page thread on the same topic, and people will believe what they believe, facts be damned.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

ladies and gentlemen.... why are we arguing? 11 pages in, 2 days after an epic 20 page thread on the same topic, and people will believe what they believe, facts be damned.

agreed.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

and we'll be much happier than all these angry folks! :)

lololol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Oh rly???

i've already said 90/10.

You had triscuits yesterday - are they part of an absolutely perfect diary?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    BTW - you had a donut in your diary? Is that not considered "processed food" CoachReddy?
    Also, aren't the Triscuits in your diary also "processed food".....????

Just pointing out the obvious.....

Would donuts be considered fast food? I don't know what the opinion on that would be.

processed. same diff.

you know whey protein does not come straight from a cow?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Oh rly???

i've already said 90/10.

But hey, I'm not here to say you HAVE to do it. I'm not even saying you should! If you'd rather eat fast food because you really enjoy it, then I would never advocate giving it up! But if your goals are to perform better and to feel better, not just lose weight, it may be worth considering.

You say that it may be worth considering. In fact, prior to that in your original post, you state that "Essentially the point is this: because fast food is not nutritionally dense, your body has to work harder to get fewer nutrients, which is a WASTE of energy. " And throughout this whole argument, you've been pretty adamant about backing the book.

So...let's clear the message because by going your original post, it sounds like you are pushing for 100% no fast food (even though you say that you aren't advocating it, you've said to get rid of it). In fact, you said that fast food was the quick and easy fix.

So..is it no fast food at all..or fast food in moderation? Like a few times a week moderation?
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    strong broscience all throughout this thread 10/10 would laugh again
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Oh rly???

i've already said 90/10.

You had triscuits yesterday - are they part of an absolutely perfect diary?

He's had BK, Subway, Panera and Dominoes too. So that's why I'm now confused as to exactly what the point of him posting an Argument Against Fast Food was....
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Oh rly???

i've already said 90/10.

semantic games again that you don't understand how to play? lol

You're on here to sell shakes, we get that. Now just go ahead and lie in your diary and you can continue.