Foods/drinks you should never eat or drink.

Options
123457»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Wow, it appears to me that most of your parents never taught you the saying 'If you don't have anything nice [POSITIVE] to say, then don't say anything at all'!! Some of you are just plain rude and it is completely unnecessary. Grow up.

It is an open forum where someone has posted incorrect information. Some people do not like for myths to be perpetuated or for others to worry about things they do not need to worry about. Weigh loss is hard enough, why make it even harder by having people think they cannot eat this, or they have to eat that, or they have to eat at certain times etc etc etc, when it is absolutely not necessarily.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    your response reminded me of a little poem i learned long ago in chemistry class:

Willy was a chemist,
    but Willy is no more,
    for what he thought was H2O,
    was H2SO4.

I love chemistry and I love this!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    1) Bleach
    2) Feces
    3) Asparagus - that ****'s just nasty
    4) Neurotoxins
    5) Hemlock
  • Trechechus
    Options
    your response reminded me of a little poem i learned long ago in chemistry class:

Willy was a chemist,
    but Willy is no more,
    for what he thought was H2O,
    was H2SO4.

I love chemistry and I love this!

Love! That sounds like a painful way to go!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    1) Bleach
    2) Feces
    4) Neurotoxins
    5) Hemlock

Asparagus, when made right, is quite scrumptious!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Artificial trans-fat is the only food really worthy of that list. The rest are all fine within the context of a balanced diet and assuming no specific medical conditions that require specific diets.
  • Trechechus
    Options
    1) Bleach
    2) Feces
    4) Neurotoxins
    5) Hemlock

Asparagus, when made right, is quite scrumptious!

But it makes your pee smell funny!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    #5 is Bananas.
  • Trechechus
    Options
    #5 is Bananas.

I thought it was Hemlock
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    #5 is Bananas.

I thought it was Hemlock

Don't you pay attention to those ads girl?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    #5 is Bananas.

tumblr_m6sv67V4V11rvbafdo1_500.gif
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    I don't necessarily agree these are foods we should NEVER EAT OR DRINK ... but how many of us have actually limited these on our weight loss journyes?

We all have our own opinions, but it's "FOOD FOR THOUGHT" to read other people's opinions.

MFP recommends a very tiny amount of sugar. Drinking one concentrated juice would blow my daily allowance.

How many of us ignore the sugar data or justify that even 80g is only a small amount (me!)? But I would be a little concerned if taking too many of each of those things listed blew out my daily allowances.

I think none of us has the ONLY ANSWER otherwise we'd be making a mint selling ourselves on infomercials. We have our own truths and our own paths.

I'm sort of interested in the whole wheat information. I do wonder why more and more people are becoming gluten intollerant and even though I love my wheat products (ffs I grew up on a wheat farm!!) I would read up a little more on this to see if I can find more information.

I won't be giving it up anytime soon (unless instructed by the doctor) only because I've already given up most of my dairy (oh icecream how I miss you!) but I would like to be informed how it does affect our bodies.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of interested in the whole wheat information. I do wonder why more and more people are becoming gluten intollerant and even though I love my wheat products (ffs I grew up on a wheat farm!!) I would read up a little more on this to see if I can find more information.

I won't be giving it up anytime soon (unless instructed by the doctor) only because I've already given up most of my dairy (oh icecream how I miss you!) but I would like to be informed how it does affect our bodies.

More and more people are NOT becoming gluten intolerant. It's a condition that barely exists and the numbers are not rising, just the irrational fears. Go ahead and do a search; you won't find a single credible source that will tell you different.

But you keep hearing about it so you're starting to believe it's true. That's why it's important that BS posts like the OP get countered immediately. While there is room for more than one idea there is no room for completely false, fear mongering ideas. Hear them enough and you start doing things like avoiding ice cream for no reason at all
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

MFP recommends a very tiny amount of sugar. Drinking one concentrated juice would blow my daily allowance.

How many of us ignore the sugar data or justify that even 80g is only a small amount (me!)? But I would be a little concerned if taking too many of each of those things listed blew out my daily allowances.

The sugar allowance is very low and is not really backed up by science. I any event, it refers to added sugars, of which many juices do not have.

I ignore sugar as it is in my carbs and calories.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19433_the-6-most-horrifying-lies-food-industry-feeding-you.html

True, backed by research, and horrifying enough to keep me away from those foods before I was concerned about health.
    Wait, seriously? Cracked.com... You are aware that cracked.com is a SATIRE and PARODY site, right? It's like the Onion, the stuff they post ISN'T ACTUALLY TRUE. It's either completely made up, or exaggerated to the point of absurdity for comedic effect.

Observe: (quote taken directly from cracked.com's website)
    Cracked.com is one of the most popular comedy sites on planet Earth.
    I bolded the important part for you.

Also, there's this, for your perusal.
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/worst-life-ever-the-story-of-kazuyuki-fujitas-skull/
  • LDNcalling
    Options
    Foods/drinks that you should never consume: anything you really don't want to. Life is too short to eat things you don't like or worry if your glass of orange juice is going to kill you.

^^^^^^^^
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    But you keep hearing about it so you're starting to believe it's true. That's why it's important that BS posts like the OP get countered immediately. While there is room for more than one idea there is no room for completely false, fear mongering ideas. Hear them enough and you start doing things like avoiding ice cream for no reason at all
    Yep! Repetition produces the illusion of truth. That's why advertising and propaganda campaigns are effective.

The more often you hear something, the more important it is to challenge its validity, because repetition produces the illusion of truth!

Say it with me: repetition produces the illusion of truth.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    The anti-GMO folks are the climate change deniers of the left. Genetic modification does the same exact thing conventional breeding does, but in a fraction of the time. GMO is our best chance of reducing the environmental impact of agriculture and increasing crop yields to meet a growing global population. Then again, the people who have the luxury of buying certified non-GMO merchandise are also the ones who are wealthy enough to survive in the event of a food shortage . . .

Also, whole wheat and whole grain are not the same thing, and many "whole wheat" products are just as refined as white bread. Just a heads up. :)