Replies

• Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What a second, I see a protein shakes AND milk in your diary. Hmmmm.....
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I hope this post becomes huge and the message widespread. That way the price of whey protein will go down for me.
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    So you got this information from a .com website? You must feel so proud of yourself.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    oh it's insulin? I was thinking it was how I parked my greedy butt at McDonalds and ate that value meal... with a diet coke of course. lol ;)
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume since you have some friends on MFP who aren't retarded that you're kidding. :)
  • ChelseaM18
    Options
    Rarely see a 'fat' bodybuilder or fitness model. No food will make you fat, the level of consumption that determines that. An insulin spike is useful for certain parts of the day, especially post workout when whey is typically consumed
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Must be why I've been able to lose nearly 40 pounds in three months while drinking it...oh wait.

hahaha
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Well played, sir. Sometimes I seriously appreciate your sarcasm.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Surely milk is fattening due to its fat content?

Skimmed milk isn't fattening.

Could be a deadly combo of the fat and insulin spikes

milk-meme.jpg
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I hope this post becomes huge and the message widespread. That way the price of whey protein will go down for me.

Amen!
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro, tell it again.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Surely milk is fattening due to its fat content?

Skimmed milk isn't fattening.

Could be a deadly combo of the fat and insulin spikes

milk-meme.jpg

I am reading this at work, and you almost made me blurt this out in Ron Burgandy's voice. Slow clap!
  • rugbygirlca
    Options
    So you got this information from a .com website? You must feel so proud of yourself.

Don't know enough to comment on the actual science, but I do know enough to laugh at the above comment...this is from a peer reviewed scientific journal (which happens to have a .com website address).

It's a topic worth following.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    what happens if you mix your whey protein with milk? Diabetic coma!

Obesity, diabeetus, osteoporosis, chronic flatulence, renal failure, influenza, the list goes on. It's simply not worth it. Not worth it at all.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    And here I thought it was from swallowing all the BS.
  • Phrakman
    Phrakman Posts: 113
    Options
    Dude I can't stand listening to your jargon anymore. The fact that you talk a lot of **** that you can not back makes me believe that you do a lot of reading and not a lot of lifting. How Can you give advice to people without truly understanding what you are saying? The answer is you can't ..... You can not tell someone something without knowing if it works or not. You have no experience lifting. You hardly know anything. Everything you do know you read in a book or stole from someone else. You have no factual eveidence that it works. You just take advice from credible sources and post them as your own....As an aspiring personal trainer, who has actually spent time working in a gym, watching and criticizing and experimenting. Stop posting. You don't know what youre talking about. You know it too.
  • spencersgrl
    Options
    You guys are hilarious. I almost forgot what the topic was about.

I sure had a great whey proteins shake this morning with some fruit and it was delish....
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    If you've been paying attention to such luminaries as Taubes, Sission et al, you'd know that insulin is what has caused the obesity epidemic.

Or is the obesity epidemic what caused overall elevated insulin levels in the population? That's generally what I've gathered from most studies. :laugh:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com, read it, learn or stay ignorant