Whey protein is making you fat

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro

Why would you want to protect Big Pharma and Big Dairy?

I buy my protein from a local company, so its not coming from 'big pharma', and we don't really have 'big dairy' yet in the UK, so that's not a worry to me. I somehow doubt that protein shakes are a large contributor to obesity.

If you look at the growth in sales of protein powders, it correlates very well with the explosion in obesity. So doubt all you want
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro

I buy my protein from a local company, so its not coming from 'big pharma', and we don't really have 'big dairy' yet in the UK, so that's not a worry to me. I somehow doubt that protein shakes are a large contributor to obesity.

If you look at the growth in sales of protein powders, it correlates very well with the explosion in obesity. So doubt all you want

eatting more calories than what you burn is what makes people fat ...period
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro

no need for fairy tales
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro

Giraffe-Ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I used to obsess about drinking whey shakes (2-3+ a day) because I'm vegetarian and wanted to get more protein in my diet. Then I read up that drinking too much of it can cause kidney stones, so now I'm not drinking it at all and seeing no change in how I feel or function without it, my muscle recovery time is still about the same and my workouts aren't suffering from lack of protein.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    That does it.

I am officially cutting out carbs, protein, and fat out of my diet as it will cause a spike in insulin.

Not if you have at least 3 juice meals per day or take your carbs, protein, and fat with cider vinegar...then you're all good.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro

nonsense_zpse0db5030.png

Correlation NEVER equals causation.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro

no need for fairy tales
    If it is a ferry tale I wonder how I lost 82 pounds while using protien powder and eatting less calories than I burn,,mmm ,, must be a magic trick .
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro

LoL
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    What about if I mix my whey shake with diet coke? Doesn't that help?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Surely milk is fattening due to its fat content?

Skimmed milk isn't fattening.

FAT isn't what makes people FAT.

How many times are we going to have to say this.... ::Face palm::

I hope you were being sarcastic.

ETA: WTF is the deal with this post? I hope the whole thing is a joke cause if not this is just.... incorrect. That's the nicest word I can think of right now.

R.I.P., your sense of humor.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I drink 50 grams whey isolate and 100 grams dextrose after every workout. I use the dextrose to spike my insulin, but do not believe the whey on its own would have the same effect as I usually become hypo after a workout if I wait too long to drink the shake or eat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    What about if I mix my whey shake with diet coke? Doesn't that help?

Absolutely, and it counts as water...better yet, throw a shot of cider vinegar in there...then you'll really be burning fat and avoiding the insulin spikes.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I can't believe all these deniers.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro

Giraffe-Ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

Oh I'm not burying my head in the sand, I just couldn't care less.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    and that's why i've lost 35 lbs and my dr told me my glucose levels are perfect.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I drink 50 grams whey isolate and 100 grams dextrose after every workout. I use the dextrose to spike my insulin, but do not believe the whey on its own would have the same effect as I usually become hypo after a workout if I wait too long to drink the shake or eat.

Are you TRYING to get fat and die?
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    Whey is the only Way..............*drinking some now*
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Whey protein killed my dog. Although he stole white bread off my plate the day before he died. His last words were "bark, bark". For some reason the cat does well on whey. You just never know....
  • jackaroo21
    jackaroo21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm confused