Whey protein is making you fat

Options

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    What about if I mix my whey shake with diet coke? Doesn't that help?

Absolutely, and it counts as water...better yet, throw a shot of cider vinegar in there...then you'll really be burning fat and avoiding the insulin spikes.

So cool! A win all around. Thanks man!
  • MetSox129
    MetSox129 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    yup, whey protein makes you fat. i haven't lost 70 pounds using it either... *rolls eyes*

love your BROScience though
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    1769344-everyone_get_in_here_super.jpg
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Whey protein killed my dog. Although he stole white bread off my plate the day before he died. His last words were "bark, bark". For some reason the cat does well on whey. You just never know....

Did you hit him with the tub?
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    This was almost a 10/10 on the troll scale. I'm kinda impressed.
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I hope this post becomes huge and the message widespread. That way the price of whey protein will go down for me.

:happy:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Stop trying to make me fat again!!!!! :sad:

Oh, wait...

...I see what you did there. :wink:
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Lets all take this topic super serious!!!
    22am4h.jpg
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    oh it's insulin? I was thinking it was how I parked my greedy butt at McDonalds and ate that value meal... with a diet coke of course. lol ;)
    LMAO!

But C'mon... we all know McDonald's is the evil culprit *drives to Dunkin Donuts*
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    If it is a ferry tale I wonder how I lost 82 pounds while using protien powder and eatting less calories than I burn,,mmm ,, must be a magic trick .

Not magic or even wizardry, it has a perfectly logical explanation, you were using counterfeit whey or possibly casein
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So is this thread a joke or not? I don't understand American humour. The OP isn't really being serious trying to suggest a link between protein shakes and obesity is he?
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Whey protein killed my dog. Although he stole white bread off my plate the day before he died. His last words were "bark, bark". For some reason the cat does well on whey. You just never know....

Did you hit him with the tub?

Actually the dog was physically abusive, narcissistic and had an eating disorder. I thought the whey might help.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If it is a ferry tale I wonder how I lost 82 pounds while using protien powder and eatting less calories than I burn,,mmm ,, must be a magic trick .

Not magic or even wizardry, it has a perfectly logical explanation, you were using counterfeit whey or possibly casein

Hemp. Hemp protein may actually cause an inverse insulin response.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Well, after trying unsuccessfully to up my protein from food without eating too many calories I just recently added whey protein poweder to my diet so I certainly hope the experts you referenced are wrong.

I suppose I could switch to brown rice protein powder but they'd probably just find something wrong with that too.
  • amy1612
    Options
    So is this thread a joke or not? I don't understand American humour. The OP isn't really being serious trying to suggest a link between protein shakes and obesity is he?

No, hes not.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm confused

It's a troll thread...joke

Stick around awhile, this one's going to keep getting funnier and funnier.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    No, its called building muscle. My BF% is pretty low
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    What about if I mix my whey shake with diet coke? Doesn't that help?

Absolutely, and it counts as water...better yet, throw a shot of cider vinegar in there...then you'll really be burning fat and avoiding the insulin spikes.

So cool! A win all around. Thanks man!

Sure thing...I've been making sure I put copious amounts of cider vinegar in my BBQ...I'm pretty sure as long as I do that I'll continue to lose weight and be able to eat as much pulled pork as I want...I'm having a whole pork shoulder this weekend and I'm not worried about it at all...good old cider vinegar cures all.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ha, wow, what a ****ty study. It's no wonder they had to get published in Nutrition & Metabolism instead of a journal with a higher impact factor.
  • amy1612
    Options
    Cool story bro

Why would you want to protect Big Pharma and Big Dairy?

I buy my protein from a local company, so its not coming from 'big pharma', and we don't really have 'big dairy' yet in the UK, so that's not a worry to me. I somehow doubt that protein shakes are a large contributor to obesity.

If you look at the growth in sales of protein powders, it correlates very well with the explosion in obesity. So doubt all you want

I just saw your pirate/temperature plot, akin to my organic food/autism plot. :) Damn my lack of pirate evidence