Whey protein is making you fat

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    The real question is, does whey protein help you obtain the male thigh gap?

Only if you're estrogen levels are inexplicably high. It has somthing to do with the way estrogen impacts the body's use of the whey protein.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Denaturation!!
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    I have scientifically engineered insulin out of my body solely in order to consume nummy nummy whey protein shakes. Now I drink 15 to 20 a day, zero spike baby.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    What a second, I see a protein shakes AND milk in your diary. Hmmmm.....

^Affirmative.

And I swear this is the guy who advocates eating ice cream...an I wrong?

I feel like someone's playing a little joke on us and most of us fell for it...well played, Acg67, well played.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I love it. Acg has totally gone to the other side...he's given up.....he's trying to outdo Coach. One of those...

Can we just join this thread with the ZOMG! Fast Food thread of Coach? ACG has entered the dark side!! I can hear the Darth Vader breathing as I type this!

Which fast food Coach thread? He's involved with a couple. Drama drama.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/854041-an-argument-against-fast-food
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Why take any of that artificial, processed stuff at all? Eat a steak and go on with your day.

^^^^ This. You should rule the world :love:

Yay!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    ALL THE COOKED FOODS ARE BAD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat raw vegan or be doomed to a life of illness!!!!!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    So you got this information from a .com website? You must feel so proud of yourself.

THIS^

And that the OP thinks that there's something wrong with the information shared by Taubes. The guy has more sources in his book than what he writes. Valid sources AND valid arguments. But I guess his background in investigative scientific journalism is just a joke too. Our MFP experts know it all. It's just calories in and calories out and the quality of food plays no role in the health of the human body whatsoever.
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro

Why would you want to protect Big Pharma and Big Dairy?

I buy my protein from a local company, so its not coming from 'big pharma', and we don't really have 'big dairy' yet in the UK, so that's not a worry to me. I somehow doubt that protein shakes are a large contributor to obesity.

If you look at the growth in sales of protein powders, it correlates very well with the explosion in obesity. So doubt all you want

nonsense_zpse0db5030.png

Correlation NEVER equals causation.

this!
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options

I can go raw as long as I can still have some of my raw meats too. Would that be acceptable?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    What a second, I see a protein shakes AND milk in your diary. Hmmmm.....

^Affirmative.

And I swear this is the guy who advocates eating ice cream...an I wrong?

I feel like someone's playing a little joke on us and most of us fell for it...well played, Acg67, well played.

I'm just concerned for the people who had to do diary research to figure this out..
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I love it when people confuse hemp with cannabis. It's always good for a laugh. That's ok, I didn't know what inverse insulin response meant. :smokin:
    ...then again, maybe it was just a way to work a funny picture into an already funny thread.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

I can go raw as long as I can still have some of my raw meats too. Would that be acceptable?

No. RAW VEGAN or illness!!!!!! All the foods are bad for you unless you could find it in nature and consume it while crawling around on all fours naked in a rainforest.

The end.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options

I'll pass. I like eating meat. Anything with a face tastes great! If our bodies were made to only eat vegetables we would have all molar teeth past the front four (two bottom, & two top). Look at the teeth of mammals such as dolphins vs. horses/cows. Dolphins have all pointy sharp "canine" teeth. Hence their diet is nearly 100% other animals. Horses and cows have all molars except for their very front teeth which are used to cut the plant from it's stem and bring it in the back of their mouth to be chewed by their molars. That's how our teeth would be modeled if we were meant to eat only plants.

Back to topic....

Your body needs an insulin spike to help shuttle nutrients into the bodily systems like the muscular system. So post workout, whey protein is perfect for you. Spikes insulin and helps get the protein itself digested and brought into the muscles.
    "Science" may say one thing, but science is theories, it doesn't apply these theories in a real life scenario. It's the practical application of science that matters.
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options

No. RAW VEGAN or illness!!!!!! All the foods are bad for you unless you could find it in nature and consume it while crawling around on all fours naked in a rainforest.

The end.

What about raw bugs? I can do that crawling around on all fours naked in a rainforest.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If it is a ferry tale I wonder how I lost 82 pounds while using protien powder and eatting less calories than I burn,,mmm ,, must be a magic trick .

Not magic or even wizardry, it has a perfectly logical explanation, you were using counterfeit whey or possibly casein

Hemp. Hemp protein may actually cause an inverse insulin response.
    But then this happens with hemp:

PQaV7.jpg

:laugh:
    I love it when people confuse hemp with cannabis. It's always good for a laugh.
    It's usually done strictly for the lulz
    That's ok, I didn't know what inverse insulin response meant. :smokin:

That's cause I made it up.
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    every week its something new...this week its good for ya...next week it isnt.. and the sheeple that run behind these "experts" spouting the newest craziness & fueling the flames of flubber paranoia is why the weightloss industry is a billion dollar entity.....

^^^this^^^ :drinker: well said!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

The end.

What about raw bugs? I can do that crawling around on all fours naked in a rainforest.

that's how you get your b12. You can't wash your greens. eat only organic. Just close your eyes and chew.
  • bekool
    bekool Posts: 9
    Options
    Oops, you lost me right there...Wanders off to go and make whey protein smoothie with lots of milk......

Same here, without the milk though
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love how people on this website don't understand sarcasm.

It really makes me giggle.