Options

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Totally guilty!
  • cesereda
    Options
    I did that once, I went down to a size 3, I am not sure with the new sizing now if they still have that. Plus I would not have looked for it in the past 25 years anyway. LOL, so I did that and then I met the guy I ended up marrying. Once we were onto our happy life together and we went out to eat all the time, the weight just kept pilling on. Be careful when you meet someone new, lol.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Not really, I ended it with them and it's their loss whether I had a few pounds to lose or not.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I recently had an ex tell me that i would never look like the girl i always post on my blogs, he didnt know it was me. I didnt tell him.

ive never wanted that revenge, so i didnt take it. But it felt cool to know that even though he didnt believe i could do it, that my genetics were working against me, I was still able to.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Nope...cuz I broke it off with them. So it didn't matter either way. I do this for me and only me.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    If I cared what she thought, she would'nt be an ex.
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    I didn't lose weight to make him jealous, but because I just FELT BETTER! I do think it's pissed him off that I look ten times better than him now though :)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Currently doing it for myself and my health (both physical and mental).

I have tried very hard to distance myself from the ex that I would want to get "revenge" on. I want nothing to do with him. Living 1800 miles away helps. Finding the man for me helps. I have finally put him to rest and have no desire to interact with him on any level.
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good answer and AWESOME job on your weight loss! You obviously have been working hard. Be Proud
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    it definitely hasn't been a 'motivator' as I don't really have plans to see any ex's again. But hey if I decide to go to high school reunion at some point, it would be nice to not be ridiculously heavier than when I was in high school eons ago :)
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I always thought it was the best revenge, look better and look like your doing so much better. Who wouldn't look twice and wonder why they let you go after that?
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Guilty - but I have to add that I also want the "pretty girls" from high school see that too.

Shameful, I know!

Ahh social media! I have seen (thanks to face book) many "hot" girls have became large.... lol, and looking back at my high school self... I've became pretty damn hot.....
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Anyone that does is doing so for the wring reason.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    My ex's didn't break up with me because I was overweight. We split for a number of reasons - my weight having nothing to do with it. But even if it did, it would never be the reason I'd want to lose weight. Why would I want someone back in my life who didn't love me for me?

The flip side of this is hey...whatever it takes to motivate you to be a better you - go for it.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I think the better question is Who DOESN'T have this motive ;)

Those of us who don't have exes.

Yep, been with my hubby since I was 16... don't really care what my junior high boyfriends have to say! LOL, I want my hubby and kids to be proud of me... no one else matters to me. :smile:
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    I think this would definitely be a bonus! :)
  • shorrtcaake
    Options
    There was... Now I decided to cut them totally out of my life and I'm partly doing this for my new life and new relationships :happy:
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I wont lie, being a sexy little young thing in front of my husbands ex wife thrills the crap out of me.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Permanent restraining orders are a wonderful thing.... I was 178 lbs when I kicked my ex out 5 years ago. No desire whatsoever to have him within the same county. But then, I don't believe in revenge either. Living the best life I can is more than sweet enough.
  • ebonypixie
    ebonypixie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im doing this for me firstly, and for my boyfriend secondly who really always tells me I look sexy but is attracted to me even more so when Im fit because I was totally ripped when we first started dating :)

BUT revenge is SWEEEEEET :) Im guilty of looking forward to a friends going-away party at the end of March, which my ex and his new squeeze will be at. (BTW, my name is Niamh aaaand guess what his new girlfriends name is...lol. Niamh! HEHE)

It still bothers me that he said some pretty ****ty stuff about me when we broke up, told people I was a waste of space, had no prospects in life and would end up unhappy and he couldnt wait to rub it in my face. I just would like to make it clear that the joke is on him now!

He will see that I have an awesome bod, my own business, and madly in love with my boyfriend and our little family we have made for ourselves! Ive never been happier :)