12346»

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    never.
  • jessjayjenk
    jessjayjenk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think that it is a stupid reason to lose weight. I rather lose weight for myself and be healthy. I read somewhere that someone posted on their profile their sole reason for weight loss was to make their BF's ex more jealous then she already was. But how does she know that person is jealous. Maybe the person losing weight has self-esteem issues and is having problems with her BF and cannot admit it so cast the blame on someone else. I just think revenge weight loss is stupid. But that is my opinion.

I don't think it's stupid because it's a motivating factor. Whoever has different motives for starting their weightloss journey isn't dumb. It's a good thing because after you start losing the weight it does become less about your original motive and more about yourself. Whatever starts you off is great!

PS. I have done this before but my current journey to health and fitness is for me. I'm living alone and mostly independent so it's nice that that isn't my motive anymore.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    hehe - mine wasn't hidden - hell it's still on my profile...

thing is, I don't think he gives a rats *kitten* anyways... he's already moved on.
    and at this point, I don't care about making him jealous anymore either... I've moved beyond that point too. :-D
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    if it the motivation you need to get healthy i say go for it. Personally for me I hate my exes and i would feel like im doing it for them and not for my self. Just my 2cents but like I said if that what you like then go for it.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Never was a motivator. But I will admit when my daughter told me her stepmom said. . ."Your mom is REALLY fit. What does she do?" I was inwardly satisfied. Especially considering my ex went through a series of younger and younger women before he married this young lady. She is 14 years younger than me, so I was pretty flattered that she thought I was really fit!! :-) I don't know what the ex thinks, though. But, that's nothing new.
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in this for me (all the countless reasons), but on the days when I'm tired and don't want to care it's a good reminder to think of how everyone else will perceive me when I'm done. Particularly my (soon-to-be) ex; I kept trying to get him to go to the gym with me, to help him feel better but he just wouldn't have any of it. Some days it's easier to push through the pain when you think of that sweet revenge.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for myself!!

But I would be lying if I said that when I'm at GW I wouldn't want to "accidentally" run into an EX and rub his nose into it. Cheating *kitten*. Doesn't help that one of his complaints about me were my cheeks (on my face) He used poke fun at them constantly!

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Breaking up and proving a point was definitely my motivation to kick start diet and fitness and go to business school. I'm not doing it to rub his nose in it, and I genuinely hope I never see him again, but success in any facet of life when you've been treated so poorly is the sweetest revenge. And it's good for rebuilding any confidence lost while in a bad relationship.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I dated a Florida Gator cheerleader when I lived in Florida years ago. Not facebook friends but, I've made it a point to send a message a couple of times to check on her family and such and I make sure my profile pic depicts my healthier side....and for the record, damn she's packed on the pounds!!! lol
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    When I first signed up and started on MFP it was partly for revenge. I wanted to get all in shape and then rub it in his face. But after the anger from the breakup went away, he doesn't figure in my thoughts at all.

I am still working towards my goal, but now it is partly to show my family (my mother who said I will always be fat no matter what I do, and all of the aunts and uncles who haven't seen me in forever and are all at least 100+ overweight. I want them to see it isn't genetic, we can get healthy and have a great life.)

But when friends see me and comment on how great I am looking and want to know what I have been doing to get in shape, it feels great, and I love telling people about MFP.
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My favourite thing is randomly seeing that my emotionally abusive ex has put on a ton of weight (he has moobs now!), and even though I put on weight after we broke up, I've lost most of it since he last saw me! It's an awesome feeling, I'm not going to lie!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I think the better question is Who DOESN'T have this motive ;)

Those of us who don't have exes.

This^^^
    although I secretly love the look on family members faces when they see me now lol :tongue:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    It was never a factor but it was sweet when he asked me what I was doing so he could tell his gf.

I wish I could rub it in the face of my high school bullies.
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I must say I have a little extra motivation to be skinnier than my high school "BFFS" that called me fat etc, now they're fat and I'm quietly laughing behind my laptop as I exit out of their facebook pages. Muhahah, muhahah! MUHAHAHA!

Yeah I sound crazy but it motivates me every once and awhile :P