My coworkers are making fun of my healthy eating habits

Options
12346»

Replies

• larainew
    Options
    BTW -- adorable snowshoe kitty -- how much does he/she weigh? I have a seal point snowshoe girl -- some times I catch her sitting on the scales -- she tops at 11 pounds!!
    He's my in-law's cat and he weighs 27 pounds! Makes me look skinny!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I was once in an office in which a group of workers made fun of another worker's weight. She was quite obese. They exchanged hundreds of emails with mocking photos. Believe it or not, they were lawyers.

Needless to say, I knew nothing about it until was exposed. Had I known, I would have said something.

Ultimately, they were made to apologize, but the atmosphere remained tense. It was a very ugly incident.

If they worked in any public organisation in the UK (national health service, education, government) they'd have a good chance of being sacked for that, certainly major disciplinary incident if procedures are followed. I'm glad you would have spoken up had you been aware of the bullying.
  • larainew
    Options
    I'm glad everyone is so indigent on my behalf, but I have to say my co-workers are really nice people giving me a little light-natured poking. They're not bullies and they're not judging my eating habits in general. And when I brought fresh cherry tomatoes from my garden last summer, I shared them and everyone thought they were delicious.
  • aparis33
    aparis33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My coworkers are/were like that, too. We all got along really great, and they were lighthearted about it. Eventually, though, a few of them even started adopting better eating habits (not going out to lunch all the time, eating smaller portion sizes, more veggies, etc.). So, in the long run, it was a win for all. :)