Replies

• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Levis are my soul jeans.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    OMG--didn't expect such a response on JEANS. And, boy, have things changed since my last purchase. Low rise, mid rise, high rise. straight legs , boot cut, relaxed fit. I think the only brands around were Levi and Wranglers. And "Mom"?? jeans-- what are they? (I'm a Grandma so "Mom" jeans might be great for me--LOL). I went on the web and looked at American Eagle since that was a brand mentioned so much. All the models are these pretty, YOUNG, skinny things--no Moms there. This might be harder than I thought. (My hubby does wear jeans but he wears baggy, old things from Walmart.)
  • KittyCannibal
    Options
    Lovesick
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    OMG--didn't expect such a response on JEANS. And, boy, have things changed since my last purchase. Low rise, mid rise, high rise. straight legs , boot cut, relaxed fit. I think the only brands around were Levi and Wranglers. And "Mom"?? jeans-- what are they? (I'm a Grandma so "Mom" jeans might be great for me--LOL). I went on the web and looked at American Eagle since that was a brand mentioned so much. All the models are these pretty, YOUNG, skinny things--no Moms there. This might be harder than I thought. (My hubby does wear jeans but he wears baggy, old things from Walmart.)

You could try stores like NY & Co. The styles are more for adults , but still modern. Their sizes range from 0 to 18, xs to XL, and Pettitte to tall. Check their web site. Good hunting!
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Gap Curvy boot cut
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    My Brand is "What's on Sale yet still looks good" :-D.

I realize that's not helpful in the LEAST, but it's the truth :-)

Love that and same goes for me!!!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I wear the ones that make my *kitten* look good
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i wore L.Bryant jeans for too many yrs... but I don't fit into their smallest size anymore:) yeah me! So i am out searching for jeans currently. Instead I just bought more workout clothes that fit! So glad you posted this so i can read through too:)
  • kxxooo
    kxxooo Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    True Religion. They come in a long leg length for those of us taller than the average, that wear heels!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

jeans are high fashion now!

mom jeans are essentially jeans with horrible pocket placement that essentially make your butt look longer than it actually is. certain brands are notorious for crappy pocket placement. oh and just because you're a mom doesn't mean you have to wear mom jeans. mom jeans are pretty much a guarantee to look frumpy and neither age nor having squeezed out a baby or 2 from your cervix are excuses to look frumpy IMO :laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm a mom of two and no mom jeans for me! I just get my jeans at Banana Republic because they sell petite and smaller sizes. Because of vanity sizing they needed to create a new size 00, because as all the sizes got bigger, the smaller people were bumped out of the size chart.
  • iknowiknow
    iknowiknow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Gloria Vanderbilt Signature, classic fit, found at JC Penney
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just bought a pair of Lee Riders with the Slimnet in them and I received LOTS of compliments on the way they looked on me. I mean from 8th grade students. You don't get many compliments from kids that age. So many asked me where I got them because they really liked the style and told me they looked really good on me. Their mouths just about hit the floor when I said that they were from Walmart! $19.97.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Last pair were Suki Silver