What do you put on your baked potato?

Options

Replies

• Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Fat-free sour cream and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese and green onion. Hell yes.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    There's nothing unhealthy about any of the ingredients you listed
    I used to put like 1/4c sour cream and like 5 or 6 pieces of bacon and 2 pieces of ham...and I only have a calorie limit of 1350 but I try to stay around 1200.And I plan on having a nice dinner tonight with my fiance, so I really need to be careful with what I'm eating today.

So just put less toppings. 2 tbsp of sour cream = 60 calories, a few bacon bits is next to nothing. A small to medium potato is 200 cals or less.

Listen to Heisenberg. :wink:
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i have never heard of putting tuna on a baked potato, but now i'm intrigued. might be changing what i'm having for dinner!
  • tafournier
    tafournier Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I put 3/4 C vegetarian chilli, with 2 tbsps 5% sour cream and 1/4 C light tex mex shredded cheese....makes for an awesome lunch!
  • jbs2travel
    jbs2travel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Since I have been diagnosed with Diabetes I only eat sweet potatoes and I put cinnamon on it. Yummy
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    There's nothing unhealthy about any of the ingredients you listed
    I used to put like 1/4c sour cream and like 5 or 6 pieces of bacon and 2 pieces of ham...and I only have a calorie limit of 1350 but I try to stay around 1200.And I plan on having a nice dinner tonight with my fiance, so I really need to be careful with what I'm eating today.

Ok, so only put 2 tbs of sour cream (60), 2 slices of bacon (80), 1 ounce of Hormel spiral cut ham (43), and a pat of butter (35).

Boom. 218 calories' worth of toppings.
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    I love advacado and horseradish. This sounds AMAZING!!! and of course I don't have any at home :( I know I'm buying this weekend.
  • dnhardy
    dnhardy Posts: 59
    Options
    I just put ketchup. I know it'll way up my carbs on it but I don't have to use a lot to make it super yummy and french fry-ish
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I'd top it with all of that. With a little moderation, there isn't too much calorie content there. Just use real bacon, not those crummy bacon bit things...

I agree.. you could also used low fat or even fat free sour cream. Just use less of each of those toppings. Now you have me craving a baked potato LOL.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I like baked sweet potato with black beans and salsa.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I love baked potato's as well... one of my very favorite things to eat with a pile of roasted broccoli.

I have recently started using 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese and salad supreme to add a little zing. I have also added grilled chicken, teryaki chicken, broccoli and a little I can't believe it's not butter spray. Every now and again I will do taco meat and a wedge of laughing cow cheese, that is so yummy and very filling as well!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    - leftover chilli/bolognese/curry
    - Cottage cheese mixed with green pesto
    - skinny 'twice baked potato' using low fat sour cream, smoked turkey bacon, green/spring onions.
    - Ratatouille
    - Baked beans & low fat cheese
    - Tuna melt twice baked potato- Scoop out the insides and mash with fat free yoghurt and add tuna & chopped spring onions, spoon back in and bake again for 10 mins topped with a sprinkling of low fat cheddar.
    - Salsa
    - Yoghurt & harissa paste
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I made Loaded Sweet Potato Skins last night for dinner...1 skin was 122 calories (carbs 7, fat 4, protein 12) loaded with chicken breast, bacon and smothered in cheese. I used lean chicken breast, center cut pork bacon, reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, topped with plain 0% Fage greek yogurt.

the pic shows regular white potatoes also; hubby doesn't like healthier alternatives so he wouldn't touch the sweet potato ones. I didn't do stats on the white potatoes.

431427_10100173441598530_1560632239_n.jpg
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I put plain Greek yogurt on mine instead of sour cream. Fewer cals and more nutrition.

I LOVE baked potatoes! A large russet potato has about 165 calories, 50% of Vitamin C, 25% daily fiber, 33% potassium, 10% iron, and 5 grams of protein. Top it with 1/2 cup black beans, a medium tomato and 1/2 cup lowfat plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) and you have a dinner with 24 grams of protein, 28% iron, 67% fiber, 30% calcium, 89% Vitamin C, 65% potassium, about 300 mg of sodium, and less than 400 calories. Add a few slices of avocado for some healthy fat and voila!!!

Oh, and this lunch/dinner can be made in less than 10 minutes and costs less than $1. What's not to love???
  • BritishVegGirl
    BritishVegGirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually have baked beans, sometimes 5 bean chilli, sometimes vegan tikka masala or vegan coronation "chicken" depending on what ive made recently basically.
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i have never heard of putting tuna on a baked potato, but now i'm intrigued. might be changing what i'm having for dinner!

I don't think its an American thing. When I moved to America from England, I got some funny looks when I ate tuna on my spud
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I top mine with broccoli/cauliflower, sometimes grilled chicken and LOTS of salsa. Healthy tasty and filling.

^^I do broccoli and cauliflower too. Sometimes with a little margarine and pepper.
  • soni_me
    soni_me Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Homemade salsa and shredded cheddar.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/green-giant-klondike-gold-potato-1700370

yukon gold or similar types need less butter, they have a slightly butter taste all on their own.
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    what CAN'T you put on a potato?

bbq chicken or pork,
    salsa and guac,
    a little cheddar and green onion,
    vegetable soup,
    cottage cheese and tomatoes,
    and my new favorite:
    chili