What do you put on your baked potato?

Options

Replies

• Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I am going to have a baked potato for lunch. Normally I would load it with EVERYTHING, cheese, bacon, ham, sour cream, chives, butter, sauteed onions etc.
    I do not like plain potatoes at all. What are some healthy but delicious alternatives for toppings?
    Also, is it okay to eat a baked potato like a couple times a week or once a week? I've been craving them lately!

A baked potato, all by itself, is about 100 calories. The toppings, however, add more.

Chives are good, and the sauteed onions sound good.
    Suggest swapping out the sour cream for some plain yogurt.
  • mabupi
    mabupi Posts: 15
    Options
    My FAVORITE way to eat a baked potato is to spray it with a little olive oil and sprinkle a little steak seasoning on the skin, and wrap in foil before baking. After, I put about 2 spoonfuls of lowfat cottage cheese, which warms up on the potato, and a little salt/pepper if I feel like extra flavor. The steak seasoning makes it taste really rich and delicious.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I like A-1 sauce on baked potatoes.
  • sbgeronsin
    sbgeronsin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fat free/low fat sour cream with tons of herbs... I like onions and mushrooms on anything as well. If you cook the onions and mushrooms make sure to use a coking spray or a little olive oil, skip the butter.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I was once told by a Football player to pour a can of baked beans on a Spud.

It was boring as hell.

Like you, i love Cheese, Ham ect..

But now i enjoy making a healthy Tuna Mornay and some Coleslaw whacked on it. Yuuuuuuuum Up!!
  • maeck
    maeck Posts: 7
    Options
    My favorite is with chopped steamed broccoli, the Parmesan Ranch from Trader Joe's (super low cal for ranch), and a sprinkle of shredded cheddar. Or just a tablespoon or two of light sour cream and lots of pepper.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I use yogurt instead of sour cream.

plain or greek both kinda taste like sour cream to me too :)
    some chopped chives on top to make it pretty
  • rockymj
    rockymj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love salsa on a baked potato.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Now I'm craving a baked potato :/
  • tabbyavalon
    Options
    i love jacket potatoes a little butter and marmite is amazing with baked beans else i have cottage cheese or tuna with colslaw
  • Rssblade
    Rssblade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not...Marmite..nothing else
  • beadybliss
    Options
    Light Cream Cheese and black pepper - very filling and darn tasty!
  • giara
    giara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I seldom eat potatoes,but if i have,better to eat with vegetable salad beside
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Blend chives (or fresh basil or oregano), half a cup of cottage cheese, some salt or lemon juice (or both), add some fresh pepper on top.
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Cheese and beans is unbeatable but its a treat for me
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Chili and cheddar
    or
    Broccoli, diced chicken, and cottage cheese
    or
    cottage cheese
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    well, I'm sure I'm gonna get flack for this, but when I go out to eat dinner, I ALWAYS GET A BAKED POTATO... I ask for the BUTTER AND SOUR CREAM on the side so I can CONTROL the amount I put on....usually I end up putting all of it on...LOL...they serve pretty good sized potatos, ...then I eat the whole thing, skin and all...FIRST, BEFORE I EAT ANYTHING ELSE....I usually don't use salt....I go out sometimes 2-3 times a week...I just adjust the rest of my day, AND ENJOY...and I still am losing....
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Tuna (in sunflower oil, drained) helmanns light mayonaise, white pepper, mozarella, cheddar.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm guess im having that for dinner today instead of the t bone steak i have in the fridge
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Butter and cheddar :) But I don't eat the skins as I don't like them. My parents call me a freak and always say they are the best bit but I think they taste bitter and nasty!
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I eat potatoes often. I just put a couple teaspoons of smart balance light with flax seed butter on it with a dash of salt.