What do you put on your baked potato?

Options

Replies

• lindaf26
    Options
    So many options! Salsa is yummy...as are seasoned black beans. Steamed veggies and a whisper of SHARP cheddar cheese add flavor and zing. I also just like to squeeze lemon and use Ms. Dash seasoning. Very LOW cal that way.
    8249 Posts: 1
    Options
    I try not to have too many potatoes - but when I get a craving, I put a little low-fat plain yogurt and a little salsa of choice. I use Fage Greek yougurt and an organic mild salsa that has peaches & pineapple (which gives that touch of sweetness). I also have a friend that uses cottage cheese and salsa.......just experiment with low-fat, good for you toppings.....maybe roasted red peppers or something. Good luck!
  • bdeming44
    bdeming44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    if you put a small amount of chicken broth with a littel butter mixed in it tastes like you used alot of butter, I use that and a littel greek yoghurt instead of sour cream
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    depends on mood -- yoghurt, chives, siracha, pepper, chutney... yum!
  • losinglbslovinglife
    Options
    I usually eat baked potato with cheese & tuna.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I try not to have too many potatoes - but when I get a craving, I put a little low-fat plain yogurt and a little salsa of choice. I use Fage Greek yogurt and an organic mild salsa that has peaches & pineapple (which gives that touch of sweetness). I also have a friend that uses cottage cheese and salsa.......just experiment with low-fat, good for you toppings.....maybe roasted red peppers or something. Good luck!

Potatoes aren't bad for you by themselves. It's usually the toppings that run up the calorie count.

Yogurt and salsa....does sound yummy!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with a little bit of cheddar cheese :smile:
  • Nic682012
    Nic682012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also, I have at least 2 baked potatoes a week and I put everything on it most of the time. 1/4c cheese, 1 tsp butter, 1 T sour cream and 1/2 T real bacon pieces only add up to 166 calories.

What size potato do you use though?
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Dont have one often but has to be cheese and baked beans
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon bits, green onions. Just measure out your items and log them. They are not bad for you!
  • CUPCAKE2CARROTS
    Options
    My fav topping is Fage 0%. I put it on my reg and sweet potatos... Yummo :happy: There are some great ideas on this thread I just may have to try too
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    butter, sour cream, and a lot of pepper
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    A few spritzes of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!" spray, light sour cream, a few broccoli florets, salt & pepper. YUM! :)
  • capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I follow the black beans recipe on the back of the Goya black beans can, then use it to top a baked sweet potato; I do the same with three bean turkey chili. YUM!
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like a really lovely crispy skinned baked potato, but it has to be baked in oven not the cheat microwave version!

Fav toppings include -

Prawns with a little low fat mayo and black pepper

Low fat sour cream with chopped jalepenos stired through

or for the ultimate comfort - a little butter and half fat grated cheese.
  • kelly29414
    kelly29414 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lots of salsa and boiled egg whites. Sounds kind of strange, but is soooo good.
  • kelly29414
    kelly29414 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Also, you can scoop out most of the center and put shredded chicken with a touch of bbq sauce, and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top.
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Cheese and Salsa...Always Salsa (very few calories but so tasty)
  • juliewood2009
    Options
    Light Ranch or Salsa

I love the idea someone had about the Laughing Cow Cheese. I bet that makes it really creamy!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    If potatoes were truly bad for you then the nation of Ireland would not have survived all these years (I was brought up on them!).

Just weigh them and log them - simple!

I think most of my favourite toppings have been covered but if I'm in a rush then curried beans are good: curry powder or sauce stirred into a tin of baked beans in tomato sauce with a handful of sultanas thrown in is perfect (heat for five minutes in a sauce pan). Yum.