What do you put on your baked potato?

Options

Replies

• emchip1983
    Options
    i love jacket spuds as i call them, i have them with garlic and herb cream cheese,sweet chilli cream cheese also reduced fat chicken tikka sandwich fillers, tuna,cheese and mayo, hot dog sauage and onions .
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I love cucumber salad dressing... try it... REALLY good! Even with a decent amount of dressing it normally comes in for less calories than the normal toppings do.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    fresh dill is divine.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Sometimes I use the nonfat or lowfat sour cream (or a combination of the two). A couple tablespoons of leftover chili or spaghetti sauce is nice, too.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Light Ranch dressing. I :heart: Ranch.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Oh, I also like to toss a basted egg on a baked potato. Fried would be fine too but I prefer the consistency of the yolk when it's basted. Now I want a potato...

This with the previous post of avocado, horseradish and salsa made me hungry =)

Oh wow, both these sound nice and I never would ahve considered it!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    my mom puts salsa on hers
  • mininipuce
    mininipuce Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fat-free sour cream and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese and green onion. Hell yes.

This and low fat cheddar or even better, a 5% fat cheese :wink:
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    red wine vinegar and onion flakes
  • humblepie51
    Options
    Hi,

I top mine with fat free cottage cheese, salt & pepper. It is much better for you than sour cream and butter.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Baked beans with a bit of hot sauce :) YUMMY!
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I bake sweet potatos and eat with a little butter and cinnamon. :)
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like broccoli, cheese & plain greek yogurt!
  • jencarp4
    jencarp4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is awesome on a baked potato!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are GOOD for you! I like mine with a little butter and creole seasoning. Yum, yum! A little sour cream on top with that is pretty yum, too. I also will chop mine up and added a few spoonfuls of chili.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Salsa and lowfat cheddar cheese. Yum!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Butter and salt, I am pretty basic lol. Once in a while though I might put sour cream and spring onions.
  • liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like baked potatoes. I usually put cottage cheese if I am eating it as the whole meal. ( a generous portion!) If I go to Wendy's, I usually order two grill chicken sandwiches and a baked potato, I throw away the bread on the sandwiches and only eat the breast, and put ketchup on the potato! Its pretty good and it is the alternative to fast food!
  • Luv2ChewBaca
    Luv2ChewBaca Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love Baked Potatos Plain. I realy like them roasted with Sea Salt like Red Lobster prepares them...Skin and all!! Yum!!

However, why not add a bit of what you like as well. Just take it easy on the amount of toppings added. According to Red Lobster Nutritian Facts They have 200 cals plain. If you add Sour Cream add 30 more. If you add Butter, 90 more. Why not once in a while, enjoy it with toppings as long as you account for it in MFP.

http://www.redlobster.com/health/nutrition/nutrition_facts.pdf
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Sautéed onions and mushrooms

Hot sauce

Chopped tomatoes and onions