What do you put on your baked potato?

Options

Replies

• aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    To up my protein I often have Quorn pieces, baked beans and cheese. Or avocado, mozarella and tomato go well with baked potato. On the other hand just some salad with dressing is good too :)
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Do you mean the one that I think about from time to time? I load it with everything that I can think of. What a sweet mental picture it makes.

But I'm on a ketogenic diet. Last time I ordered a baked, stuffed potato, it wasn't nearly as good as the imagined one, so I lost interest in them in the real world.

LOL
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Baked beans, strong cheddar cheese, chorizo.
  • brat352
    Options
    I do not use sour cream anymore. Substitute PLAIN, NO FAT Greek Yogurt instead. High protein, no fat and tastes just like sour cream (only better!).
  • ejay90
    ejay90 Posts: 42
    Options
    I tend to stay away from potatoes due to calorie content.... but sometimes i treat myself to a small one with cottage cheese.... cottage cheese is super low cal and fat and is a good filler!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I like mine lightly salted, or with butter and salt. Once in a while, I add broccoli to it.
  • 70moretogo
    Options
    I love a loaded baked potato as well but now I load mine a little differently. I use these items:

-chopped up green onions (raw)
    -chopped mushrooms (raw)
    -chopped jalapeno (raw not from a jar, for a little kick)
    -Nutritional Yeast (this has a buttery, cheesy flavor and excludes the need for, of course, cheese and butter)
    -avocado (raw and this is high in good dietary fats)
    -sea salt (sparingly)
    -coarsely ground pepper

I have found that using raw unprocessed foods as toppings are making me feel fuller faster which is great if you find yourself craving an item repetitively.

:)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I do not use sour cream anymore. Substitute PLAIN, NO FAT Greek Yogurt instead. High protein, no fat and tastes just like sour cream (only better!).

I keep meaning to try that but I'm afraid if I don't like it I've cooked a potato for over an hour and I've ruined it. I do like greek yogurt..

Maybe we'll make an extra potato and if it's fine we save the other one for some other purpose...
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am actually kind of a purist with my baked potatoes. Real butter and sour cream is all I need.

I often plan meals around what will match up with baked potatoes, I love them so much!

Edited for spelling error
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Cheese and Beans, no butter. :)

Veggie chili :) Hot and Spicy sauce with salad is one of my favourites though! :)
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I also like a baked sweet potato with a tiny bit of real butter, crushed pineapple, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and chopped walnuts.

sounds SO GOOD!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese- yummy, or some healthy chili!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options

I keep meaning to try that but I'm afraid if I don't like it I've cooked a potato for over an hour and I've ruined it. I do like greek yogurt..

Maybe we'll make an extra potato and if it's fine we save the other one for some other purpose...

Mix it the first time - half sour cream and half plain yogurt. That's what I did for my husband at first and now he actually prefers the yogurt.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I think the best part of the baked potato is the skin. I scrub a big Idaho, brush with EVOO and sprinkle with salt. Roast with NO foil. Scrape out the white part (feed to hubby) and put a bit of butter, sour cream, and sauteed onions & mushrooms inside and eat it like a sandwich.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    hummus, iceberg, grated carrot, peppers, sweetcorn and spring onion, cracked black pepper and a tiny drizzle of sweet chili sauce. Too much ruins it
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I love jacket potato with tuna and salad cream light, with a salad. Or with baked beans. Or with low fat cottage cheese. Or philadelphia light and coleslaw. So many options!
  • amyandash
    amyandash Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Baked potato with the skin on was my dinner last night. I always top mine with seasoning salt and butter spray. I splurged,and put one ounce of grated sharp cheddar cheese. it was delicious.
  • lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream, broccoli, feta cheese,green onions, pepper, garlic sea salt
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a low fat chile and cheese topper. Other than that tons of sauteed vegetables, onions, peppers, and mushrooms are really good.
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just a little butter and salt and pepper.