Fasting to loose 10 pounds

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what the question is. You seem to have made up your mind before posting.
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    What you need is discipline, not fasting... you said in your post that you figured you could lose 10lbs in a week if you fasted, but then in the thread you at one point said you could lose 10lbs in a week if you ate right (or followed your diet, or something like that, forget the exact wording). So you know what you have to do, but you have to stick with it. Losing 10lbs a week via eating right is a lot, you must be really cutting your calories drastically. That probably isn't much fun so you binge, or maybe just stop counting calories, or what ever it was that you were doing that first week. Instead of trying to lose 10lbs, just try 2-4... you'll be eating a lot more and have a little bit of room for a taste of your favorite foods etc so you won't be as likely to give up. Sure that 10lbs is fun to see come off in a week, but if you can't keep it off then its time to try a different approach, one that isn't as 'instantly gratifying' but one that gets you to your goal eventually.

I lost 10 pounds in a week before by eating 1500 and excersize, I loose weight really fast, and I am not talking about not eating anything, I am going to eat fruits and veggies,

Its like how some people get the bypass surgery cause they need something drastic to get them in gear, I feel the same way
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    I am not sure what the question is. You seem to have made up your mind before posting.

kinda wanted to hear from tohers who have done this
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Last year I lost 30 pounds in three months by excersie and eating around 2000 to 1500, I want to go back to that but I cant get myself motivated so I was going to push myself past 10 pounds then i can loos the extra 100

Stop waiting for motivation to fall out of the sky and get committed. Motivation comes and goes and can't be depended on. Commit to eating within your calorie guidelines and leave these ineffective quick fixes alone

THIS!!!!
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I respect your choices, but in my opinion, it's not a very good idea. Speaking for myself as an example, Since being TRULY on track accountable and exercise anywhere from 3-5 days a week, I'm down as of today 4.1# pounds. Its doable without fasting. Good luck on that!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options

Last year I lost 30 pounds in three months by excersie and eating around 2000 to 1500, I want to go back to that but I cant get myself motivated so I was going to push myself past 10 pounds then i can loos the extra 100

If you can't get motivated to restrict your calories, how are you going to motivate yourself to just eat fruits and vegetables for however long it takes you to lose 10lbs? I think you will lose your motivation for this fast much faster than if you were to just try and restrict calories.

Don't restrict yourself too much.. not to sound cliche, but you shouldn't look at it as a "diet". Don't deprive yourself but make better eating habits to make a "lifestyle change."
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options

And instead you found many people telling you what a horrible idea it is.

Things that make you go "hmmm".
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    What if you don't lose those 10lbs in a week? What will you do then? You need to want the change enough and not look for short term solution for motivation. Lets say you are going to do just fruits and veggies for a week, if you eat excess amount of them, you can still gain weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Why do you think a fast will help you stick to a long term plan? If you can't stick to a calorie deficit now, what will change when the fast is over?

Not trying to be mean, just asking you to really think about how this is going to help.

Have you tried looking at the Success and Motivation forums? Seriously, some of the stories are more than enough to inspire me to move my butt.

last year I lost 30 pounds in three months by eatin around 2000 to 1500 so I know I can do this, but for some reason this time around is really hard for me to just FRUCKING put the donut down, lol so I am thinking once I am on a roll I can take it from there
    What happen to the roll last year?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

this is going to sound really lame but at supper bowl I over ate for the first time, and it sent me back to gorging on food, I gain it back with in 5 months wich is slower then I lost it
    Super bowl is around the corner again.................and it took you 5 months to realize that you were overeating? You're right, it sounds pretty lame.
    So now you want to do the same thing over again and expect a different result?

IDEA Fitness member
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options

the majority of people in Germany thought Hitler was great... things that make you go hmmmmm
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

OK - I have not because I think it is a bad idea. Your diet will lack in protein, fats and essential nutrients and you will not learn good eating habits.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Alright I am going to do to you what one of my friends on here did for me nearly two years ago. I was whining about how I didn't have time to exercise...I had gotten a decent handle on my eating, but at the time I was working full time and driving two hours a day. I was married with a 4 year old and volunteered 2 to 3 days a week. I was freaking busy. I went on and on about how I couldn't get up any earlier or stay up and later or shift anything to make it work. She said the following phrase...

YOU ARE NOT READY!

It made me ill. I knew what I needed to do, but I hadn't figured out how to make it happen. That night I went right down to my basement and did a workout DVD. Try getting a handle on one thing first, food or exercise. Give yourself a month or so to get in a routine, then add the other one in. Trying to make too many changes at one time doesn't stick for a lot of people. So here I am, telling you that you are not ready. Take it or leave it.
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    Why do you think a fast will help you stick to a long term plan? If you can't stick to a calorie deficit now, what will change when the fast is over?

Not trying to be mean, just asking you to really think about how this is going to help.

Have you tried looking at the Success and Motivation forums? Seriously, some of the stories are more than enough to inspire me to move my butt.

last year I lost 30 pounds in three months by eatin around 2000 to 1500 so I know I can do this, but for some reason this time around is really hard for me to just FRUCKING put the donut down, lol so I am thinking once I am on a roll I can take it from there
    What happen to the roll last year?

IDEA Fitness member

this is going to sound really lame but at supper bowl I over ate for the first time, and it sent me back to gorging on food, I gain it back with in 5 months wich is slower then I lost it
    Super bowl is around the corner again.................and it took you 5 months to realize that you were overeating? You're right, it sounds pretty lame.
    So now you want to do the same thing over again and expect a different result?

IDEA Fitness member

no you didnt read what I wrote, I lost the weight healthfully, I ate around 1500 to 2000 calories, then after I over ate I got siked out and fell of the wagon, I was fully aware I was off the wagon,
  • mommyof2plustwins
    Options
    Honey I totally understand I'm pushing 300 also but I will tell you stay to what your calories should be and pop in a workout dvd even if you can't do everything they do just keep moving the whole time. My friend just told me something that's helping me so it may help you when you hurt from it is that "pain is weakness leaving your body". YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Stop waiting for motivation to fall out of the sky and get committed. Motivation comes and goes and can't be depended on. Commit to eating within your calorie guidelines and leave these ineffective quick fixes alone

THIS!!!!

Yes, I also agree with this.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options

the majority of people in Germany thought Hitler was great... things that make you go hmmmmm

Alright, guys- she's on to you. Pack up your Fitness Nazi gear and go home.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

LOL! Wow, you really should refrain from using historical references you clearly don't understand.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    10 lbs of what?
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Look into intermittent fasting (IF) and set your macros below maintenance cals. I know a few people that said they love IF and claim their energy levels go up once they adjust to it.
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options

OK - I have not because I think it is a bad idea. Your diet will lack in protein, fats and essential nutrients and you will not learn good eating habits.

well thank you, but I am not planning on doing this for long, if it takes more then a week I will stop alos I was planning on eating TONS of frruits and veggies, I now people who do this to detox, also are body is able to go through small times of not eating, we used to have to many years ago