Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

BLACK TEAM WEEK 10!!!!

Replies

• jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Awww beautiful weather, my exercise today consisted of a mile walk and then helped Jim rehang the gutters that fell off the house this winter. I am so sore I don't actually know if I'm coming or going right now. Have a good evening all !
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Evening my BT friends! I had an awesome day! How can you not in this beautiful Northeast weather?! Started off with an 8 mile run...that's right 8 miles....felt great! Came home...drank a gallon of water...made myself an egg-white omelet ...stayed away from the junk food today...made great choices....more exercise cleaning the yard up with all the sticks and leaves...watching the buds coming up out of the ground. Trying to get the house ready for a party next weekend. I am hosting the first part of a progressive luau. Ordered a bunch of things from Oriental Trading company. Looking forward to it.

Sounds like everyone is doing well! Glad to have that extra week Andrew...I will make it work for me!
    DH calling to go watch Inglorious *kitten*.
    :heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,769 Member
    Sounds like everybody is doing well. Working ourselves to death. I'm so tired right now. My eating has been less than good. Way less. TOM came today. I feel like somebody blew up my tummy, so bloated. I'm ready to start my new workout routine on Monday. I'm also very ready to get back to eating well. I hate feeling so tubby!

I just saw my DS tagged me in this picture on facebook. I nicely untagged myself, but I'll share it anyway. See.... digging! It's all I've done for weeks, I swear. I've got the callouses to prove it.
    Loridigging.jpg?t=1269141268

This picture by the way, proves I still have work to do in the weight loss area. My tummy is not all that flat, I only take progress pictures that you all see on skinny days. Plus, my thighs..... thunder thighs for life.....whatareyagonnado?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    This is a journey, Lori-- with all the potholes and speed bumps and traffic jams, et cetera-- (I've tapped my journey analogies-- fill in the blanks-- use your imaginations, folks)

You look great. Truly great. You're doing and have done and will continue to do wonderfully-- a little poofy these days? Oh well-- you'll get it back in gear because you'll never, ever, ever go back to that woman sitting on the beach. You have worked too hard for this.

But, because you've worked so hard, you're taking a brief respite-- few too many cals here, a little too little exercise there--

you know-- ehhh-- don't sweat it. You're still here. You're kickin' butt digging to China-- (and have the guns to show for it-- to hell with the callouses)

Cut yourself some slack, my friend--

For me, a bit too much eating today, too-- but, no sweets or junk-- just a really good dinner I made for the family, and we haven't had it in over 3 years-- so, we all indulged. I changed my weigh-in day to Friday mornings-- gives me a little leeway for weekend fare, which is always a bit more.

I'm still battling a cold-- lousy dripping down my throat that just won't stop-- so I bagged the run for today and am heading to bed-- and no alarm clock in the morning-- woo-hoo--

Later, peeps.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I had so much fun tonight!! Music was great....everyone looked fantastic!

I was getting ready and doing the ol " argh look at my _____ " in put part of body I hate for the day! Putting on my lovely red dress, all made up for the ball, it occured to me that last time I was crying because I was so ashamed I had not stuck to my diet and lost 20 pounds.

This time I lost almost 40 and KEPT it off! SO I smiled.....giggled actually............asked hubs to help me get into the undergarments....that was a hoot! He took pix for me....wow, all I had to do was ask!

I felt proud of my accomplishments, even danced a bit!

So much fun still to be had in this life of mine. THank you Lord!!:flowerforyou:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,099 Member
    Tanya-- by "losing" a child, you don't mean as in, "uh-oh, where'd he go?" Do you?

Nah-- I thought not. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: OK, I will have to remember that Tanya speak doesn't always make sense (Samuel asked me yesterday if I liked talking rubbish, so should of listened to him :wink: ):wink: . I meant losing, as in not looking after them anymore. I have 'lost' a child before :blushing: I walked out of Samuels infant school and left one of the mindees in the playground I did remember when I got to the car!! I have also lost John (ds3) in one of our local theme parks, but he was a big boy (only 3 at the time) and found a member of staff and said that he'd lost his mummy, but I was crying and panicing. When I got him back I was texting Rob (who was in NYC) to say that I was the world's worst mother etc etc. When we got out now John has a keyring attached to his jacket with my name and mobile number on it!

My 2 youngest were up at 6, but played in their room (all be it very loudly) until 6.45 when Rob had to get up to go to work, so that means everyone has to get up!! Now watching Star Wars II, as John requested it and he is sat at the other end of the sofa playing his gameboy!!

Have a great sunday everyone, will come back in a bit to 'speak' to everyone
  • 72lori
    Yes Marla, you are right, thanks for the pep talk. I was doing what Jeannie said, looking at a picture of myself and inserting the "I hate this body part thing." Man I wish I could get over that! I'm better, but I'm not sure it will ever go away. Also, I'm about a week overdue on ending my break. Really starting to feel the effects of it. I decided yesterday that as we get near our goal weight the only thing to do is to gain 5 pounds here and there so we can get excited to take it off again- keeps it interesting, right? :noway: Ok, maybe not, but I was trying to put a postitive spin on it.

Jeannie- so glad you had a good time! Where are the pics? Share!

I actually slept in until almost 7:00. Imagine! Yesterday I was awake at 4:45 dreaming about deck plans. I change the plans and the way I want it to look based on the developments of the day before. At first I couldn't get hubs motivated, but boy, now that he is....look out! I couldn't get him to stop last night. I was so done, he was still working. It was too dark to see, but he insisted on getting more posts set. I think we finished at 8:30. He's saying he's working in the rain today. Goody. We are both Type A, perfectionist, hard worker personalities, but even I have my limits. I supppose they will be tested today!

Alright. Gotta get some breakfast.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member

I was getting ready and doing the ol " argh look at my _____ " in put part of body I hate for the day! Putting on my lovely red dress, all made up for the ball, it occured to me that last time I was crying because I was so ashamed I had not stuck to my diet and lost 20 pounds.

This time I lost almost 40 and KEPT it off! SO I smiled.....giggled actually............asked hubs to help me get into the undergarments....that was a hoot! He took pix for me....wow, all I had to do was ask!

So much fun still to be had in this life of mine. THank you Lord!!:flowerforyou:

Jeannie - sounds like you had a blast. Would love to see pictures of your beautiful self in the lovely red dress.....
  • 72lori

Jeannie - sounds like you had a blast. Would love to see pictures of your beautiful self in the lovely red dress.....

I just saw a pic on facebook and she looks absolutely fabulous!
  • arewethereyet

I just saw a pic on facebook and she looks absolutely fabulous!

:blushing: thanks Lori! I really felt pretty:tongue:
  • Marla64
    :mad: :explode: :angry: :grumble: :mad: :explode: :angry: :grumble:

nevermind. :grumble:
  • arewethereyet

Donna, my av is me and my friend Sue.
    032-1.jpg
  • Marla64

032-1.jpg

Whistling.gif

Beautiful, Jeannie!!
  • arewethereyet

032-1.jpg

My friend Sue. She and I came from working class families-same neighborhood. We were working for prom....so she said THIS was our prom night! We had such a wonderful time. Memories to cherish (drunken dancing....no not me!)
    038.jpg
  • arewethereyet

032-.jpg

Whistling.gif

Beautiful, Jeannie!!
    Thanks Marla! When we meet up you will have to wear your black dress and I will wear my red! :glasses:
  • arewethereyet

0002020B.gif
  • Marla64

0002020B.gif

Thanks-- just husband and wife work day issues-- Lori can tell you all about it-- his idea of spring cleaning seems to involve the cutting down of not yet bloomed spring foliage-- which always, always, always just pisses me off. And it's always justified. "It's half dead already."

Well, it's all dead now, dope.

Who needs forsythia, anyway?

:angry:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Big RED Letter Day for me today ! Some might remember I asked my youngest when she was home at Christmas, to get me a pair of my favorite jeans in size 8. I love Style and Co jeans. She said I wouldn't fit into them, I said maybe not today BUT I will.

Yessssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today my friends I fit into those size 8 jeans. Everything is where its supposed to be and they are zipped. Even took my daily walk in them, biggest smile on my face. I felt like I was walking on air. So it goes to show its not always about what that devil scale says. I haven't lost that much to make a difference but I have lost inches. Lean muscle weighs more than fat and I'm sure there is a lot more muscle there then I am giving myself credit.

4chsmu1.gifconfetti.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Big RED Letter Day for me today ! Some might remember I asked my youngest when she was home at Christmas, to get me a pair of my favorite jeans in size 8. I love Style and Co jeans. She said I wouldn't fit into them, I said maybe not today BUT I will.

Yessssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today my friends I fit into those size 8 jeans. Everything is where its supposed to be and they are zipped. Even took my daily walk in them, biggest smile on my face. I felt like I was walking on air. So it goes to show its not always about what that devil scale says. I haven't lost that much to make a difference but I have lost inches. Lean muscle weighs more than fat and I'm sure there is a lot more muscle there then I am giving myself credit.

4chsmu1.gifconfetti.gif

I LOVE style and co!! and I am so PROUD of you for fitting in an 8!!

0002013F.gif
  • arewethereyet

0002020B.gif

Thanks-- just husband and wife work day issues-- Lori can tell you all about it-- his idea of spring cleaning seems to involve the cutting down of not yet bloomed spring foliage-- which always, always, always just pisses me off. And it's always justified. "It's half dead already."

Well, it's all dead now, dope.

Who needs forsythia, anyway?

:angry:

I so get that, my friend. I have come home to 1/2 a tree........or this weekend the whole back yard has been torn up.......big holes and dirt every where. Uncompleted attempt at installing sprinklers. It will now remain as such until I either finish it or hire someone else to do so. In the meantime my Aussie and Lab are having a ball getting filthy:angry:
This discussion has been closed.