BLACK TEAM WEEK 10!!!!

Options

Replies

• mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,057 Member
    Options
    Ok, today is the beginning of my new, energized 'back into it full swing' routine. Too bad I'm so sleepy! LOL It was a long hard weekend of working, my body never got it's break. Oh well! Get over it, right?

Hubs and I started out with our first day of P90X- chest and back and Ab Ripper X. Not bad. Lots and lots and lots of push ups and pull ups. Ab Ripper X was hard and we had to stop it because I needed to get kids to school, but all in all, it was a good first try at it. I hit the gym for 30 minutes of cardio then.

I weighed and measured. I'm not doing it again- no scale- for 6 weeks. I was up 10 pounds from my lightest, although I know those results are slightly skewed because #1 it's TOM and #2 I ate Chinese last night. Between those two things, I'm up around 4-5 pounds from where I was hovering. My lightest has been 149. Today I was 159. My goal after 6 weeks is 148. One pound less than where I know I can get. For now anyway. I'm not going to set myself up for failure by setting it too low and then being disappointed, so 148 it is, plus, that is 11 pounds in 6 weeks.

My measurements were up a little, my body fat percent was up a little- all from the way I've been eating, I know that. So, my body fat was 24.6% today, my goal is 22%.

I'm sharing this with you guys because it makes me feel accountable. Here are my goals for the next 6 weeks:

Eat clean- no sweets- log my foods- 1800 calories per day
    Follow the P90X workout- add in cardio- add additional weight training as it fits
    No scale- No osbessing over numbers- Just do it
    Stay positive- motivate DH to stay on plan
    For 6 weeks, give it all I've got- Bring it!

With that said... I need a nap..... :laugh: Really, I do. I can barely keep my eyes open! :yawn:

Wow you are dedicated, well done on the determination and good luck.

Well hello everyone, I have had one of those days. Just when you think things are going ok, something comes along and goes wrong!! Well I managed this with dinner tonight...... I put the chickens in the oven to roast at 1pm, and thought at gas mark 4 they would be cooked by 5pm. Noooooooooo, the potatoes were roasted perfect crispy and nice, carrots were al dente, but the chickens were still pink when Rob carved them, so one was carved and put in the microwave and the other is still slow roasting in the oven (its now 7.30pm), and I have now gone past being hungry and am having a vodka, lime, soda (vls) with Rob before I go up to bed! I have on a positive note managed to walk for 100 minutes today and feel good for it.

Hope you all have had a good monday, xx
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    So much better today...what a difference a different manager can be!!!

So I had my fitness test, today my trainer said I couldnt get any better that I am at the top of my game..she was very proud of me..It took me 14 minutes to get my heart rate to 142 beats per minute at 4.4 mph and 15 percent incline, she said most people dont last that long...I felt pretty proud, only burned 168 calories this morning gonna go back about 430 pm and aim for 550 burned today...Then I am off tomorrow and kiddos are out of school, so dont know if I will stay on fully or not, if not, how often do I really get to do something with them, when they are suppost to be in school..

Well off to make my turkey for toastada here in a little while..

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    I had so much fun tonight!! Music was great....everyone looked fantastic!

I was getting ready and doing the ol " argh look at my _____ " in put part of body I hate for the day! Putting on my lovely red dress, all made up for the ball, it occured to me that last time I was crying because I was so ashamed I had not stuck to my diet and lost 20 pounds.

This time I lost almost 40 and KEPT it off! SO I smiled.....giggled actually............asked hubs to help me get into the undergarments....that was a hoot! He took pix for me....wow, all I had to do was ask!

I felt proud of my accomplishments, even danced a bit!

So much fun still to be had in this life of mine. THank you Lord!!:flowerforyou:

Jeannie - sounds like you had a blast. Would love to see pictures of your beautiful self in the lovely red dress.....

Donna, my av is me and my friend Sue.
    032-1.jpg

My friend Sue. She and I came from working class families-same neighborhood. We were working for prom....so she said THIS was our prom night! We had such a wonderful time. Memories to cherish (drunken dancing....no not me!)
    038.jpg

You look truly amazing--go Jeannie!!:drinker: And I Love, love, LOVE that red dress!! (And an added bonus...it's also the color of the Women's Heart Health Awareness dresses:wink::flowerforyou: )

Jeannie - You Hot Mama!!!! Your dance card must have been full!!! The lady in red! ooh la la!!!

I missed a lot of posts in 24 hours. Bobbi - Awesome on the size 8! You WILL get the same type of screams from me when I hit that number!

Spent the day at my Uncle Rocky's funeral. He was amazing. My mom's younger brother. died at age 80. Lived a good life. My mom is one of 12 kids and Rocky was the last sibling alive. Now it's just Mom....the Matriarch. I have 33 first cousins and God only knows how many 2nd and 3rd cousins there are. Funny thing though, the family comes from all over the country for a funeral. It is so nice to see everyone even under those circumstances. True IRISH FUNERAL! Lots of laughs, celebrations, toasts, stories and a tad bit of drinking:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Hi to everyone else! Going to catch the new Dancing with Stars tonight!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Every time I see that pic of Jeannie in the red dress I wish I would have bought red for the ball. I love red and hot pink. Good colors for me. I love it Miss Jeannie and it looks so good on you.

Donna's mentioning size 8's reminded me of an 'incident' early today. I grabbed for a pair of jeans. My trusty stand by ones that I have been wearing a lot lately, the 10's, the ones I pretend are my favorites because they are fitting the best. Instead I grabbed the 8's and as I jumped....struggled.... pulled myself into them, I realized today was none too soon to get back on track! :grumble: I peeled them off and put on the 10's. The 8's still buttoned, but I think the muffin top would have been greater than I was willing to endure, not to mention the comfort level would have been greatly compromised. So instead, I wore the 10's and spent my day hiking them up cause they are too big.

Can't have that my friends. No-sir-ree-bob!

I'm still sooooo freaking tired. Hubs went to see a friend who just got back from his deployment. He wants to go for a run and get in the hot tub when he gets back. :noway: I'm ready for bed! I'm not a night owl like my friend Marla! :wink:

On a good note- no sweets today. Ohhhh, crap, I didn't log my food! Grrrr. Guess I better do it.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I'm quickly becoming too tired to be a night owl. No more late night runs-- at least not lately. We'll see when spring/summer is in full bloom--

No time to exercise again today-- not even a chance of sneaking it in-- just one of those "Calgon, take me away' days-- not good.

So, I'm going to type early, hopefully get to bed early, get up earlier, get typing earlier, get done tomorrow earlier-- getting this picture?

Later-- :ohwell:
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    Morning all,

Hopeing to get the weekly shop done today on limited funds... will be adding it up as I walk around the store glad that litle Chris will be at nursery and will only have the baby mindee.

I agree that Jeannie looks great in the red dress and when I see the picture it makes me want to lose the weight. I am sticking to my calories and exercising but the weight hasn't changed oh well will carry on and one day it will shift but at least I am healthier for now :wink:

Will check back later, have to go and deal with the usual before school chaos
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I peeled them off and put on the 10's. The 8's still buttoned, but I think the muffin top would have been greater than I was willing to endure, not to mention the comfort level would have been greatly compromised. So instead, I wore the 10's and spent my day hiking them up cause they are too big.

I'm still sooooo freaking tired. Hubs went to see a friend who just got back from his deployment. He wants to go for a run and get in the hot tub when he gets back. :noway: I'm ready for bed! I'm not a night owl like my friend Marla! :wink:

On a good note- no sweets today. Ohhhh, crap, I didn't log my food! Grrrr. Guess I better do it.

lori - The thought of the muffin top has me cracking up as it hits home all too well!:laugh: Speaking of deployment...when is your dh going again? I forget. My DH came home this weekend to tell me they are going to deploy his guard unit again Spring 2011. That's too soon for me. They will send them for 90 days this time. So I out ranked this Lt Col and told him he will retire before then. He has 25 years in...enough is enough.

Got my run in this morning and plan on a good eating day!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    :grumble: I peeled them off and put on the 10's. The 8's still buttoned, but I think the muffin top would have been greater than I was willing to endure, not to mention the comfort level would have been greatly compromised. So instead, I wore the 10's and spent my day hiking them up cause they are too big.

lori - The thought of the muffin top has me cracking up as it hits home all too well!:laugh: Speaking of deployment...when is your dh going again? I forget. My DH came home this weekend to tell me they are going to deploy his guard unit again Spring 2011. That's too soon for me. They will send them for 90 days this time. So I out ranked this Lt Col and told him he will retire before then. He has 25 years in...enough is enough.

Got my run in this morning and plan on a good eating day!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!:flowerforyou:

I wonder if my husband is too old to enlist? Hmmmmmm--

Heading to type-- later, troops!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey Black Team,

Happy Tuesday Morning-

All you gals talking about your husbands is funny. I am not cheap and am a total irresponsible shopper. Ask Beth. I once didnt realize I bought the wrong kind of socks until I got home because I just run in grab what looks right and run out. lol

Tamara-Glad you had a better day at work. good to be on top of your game. =)

Weather is finally getting better. These last few weeks have been out of control with the "car" situation and other things. The "car" situation is not settled yet. the Jetta fell through and I have been scrambling to get a car so needless to say I have been spending all my spare time shopping around. Everything is settling and I am finally getting time to focus on ME again. Lots going on in the Jackson household right now. But I should be around a bit more that I finally found a car. Buying my sisters car. Should be good work work. Anyway, have a great day guys. DW and I have a bazillion errands to run.

:heart: :drinker:

P.S. Jeannie you look great!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :blushing: you all are great for my confidence:flowerforyou:

Lori-my muffin top is more loose skin than fat:grumble: But I realized I really do need to hit it and lose another 10-15. Not because I dont like where I am at, I really am at a happy weight, but because having a goal to lose seems to keep me exercising. I have NOT been exercising. AT ALL............Ok I admitted I have a problem, 1st step right?

I must make a schedule and stick to it.

Marla..........they wouldnt take Ernie at 30.....dont think we can get them in!!

Everyone have an awesome day!! :flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options

Marla..........they wouldnt take Ernie at 30.....dont think we can get them in!!

Damn. :grumble:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Jeannie- my muffin top depends on my sugar intake- the more sugar I consume, the more flubber contained in said muffin top. Right now, it's pretty 'solid'. :grumble: Sugar was kicked to the curb, so that too will change. I also get what you are saying about needing a goal to work toward. As soon as I said I was ok with my weight, things sort of lost their 'umpf' and I started slacking.

Donna- hubs leaves in August for 6 months

We did day 2 of P90X. Plyometrics. I liked it, we didin't quite get it finished, hubs had a meeting, I needed to get his food ready. I went to Zumba after I dropped off my kiddos. My hips are already screaming from the one move. You stand behind a bar stool or chair. You throw your right leg up and over the chair to meet your left leg. You throw your right leg back where it came from, then you throw your left leg over to meet your right one, then the left leg back, then the right leg...... repeat over and over for 1 minute, then do another minute later. I am so gonna feel that in the morning. Ahh, who am I kidding, I already feel it.

I'm trying to figure out a color to stain the deck and pergola. Can't decide. I was going to get it started today, but I have to make a decision. I think I know, but I want hubs to confirm.

I usually come home from the gym, make a snack and sit down to this dumb computer. An hour later, here I still sit. I need to control my puter time better. I was looking at deck pics. :ohwell: Yesterday I sucked up hours on this thing. I guess I need a computer time goal to add to my others!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    howdy everyone, so I am off today and they kids are out of school on spring break....I decided I was gonna have pecan pancakes with them and take them out to breakfast, so I woke up this morning at 4 am hit the gym from 5 to 630, 775 calories burned then came home and got husband and kiddos up and then headed to dear ole cracker barrel for pecan pancakes, ordered 2 of them and 3 pieces of bacon,....gave my darling daughter 2 pieces of bacon and then I ate a biscuit with strawberry jelly on it..

Got home started a load of clothes, got dressed back into workout clothes, headed back to the gym since I ate pecan pancakes and a biscuit, burned 565 more calories and then took the kids to the pool for 30 minutes of swim time..now its 12 pm have fed them taco bell I passed on it I am gonna have my veggie wrap here in a bit and my weigh watcher yogurt, headed on to do some more laundry then about 4 pm when its SUPPOST to be 60 degree heading out for a 5 mile jog, should burn about 1800 calories..if I dont get the run in I have already burned 1340 calories for the day no sweat of my nose, gonna try and eat well the rest of the day but the kiddos might ruin me...its ok,

Well everyone there is my update...you know I open tomorrow not so much working out allowed tomorrow since I have to be there so gosh darn early!!!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Here I am eating lunch and back on the computer.... see a pattern here? When I'm home alone I eat with my online friends. :tongue: That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I believe digging is mostly done. Now on to painting and staining. Headed out to start the fence. Then I just have the retaining wall, the new deck, the pergola, some outdoor furniture, a canopy frame....... I will be painting and staining for the next few weeks! By the time I get to the end I'll be wishing for more digging, but never fear, it will then be time for flowers and mulch. My favorite! I love that part. I was also thinking about making new outdoor chair pads. Those things are dang expensive!

Ok, laundry buzzed, my cue to get off my back side and get moving.
  • Marla64
    Options
    well, and my pattern lately is to dump brother-in-law tales on all of you--

Saga of last week, to recap, was evil brother-in-law told us mother-in-law may not leave premises of nursing home.

Fast forward to this past Saturday where I called for her and was told that she was at a double header baseball game with said evil brother-in-law. WTF? (yes, F -- enough of the H when it comes to this *kitten*)

So, okay, we'll try again-- hubs e-mails this morning asks to pick up mother-in-law this coming Saturday and bring her back here for lunch, an afternoon performance of Faith's high school musical (Guys and Dolls) dinner, and we'll have her home by 8pm.

Brother-in-law says, "As we discussed Mom can't make these trips anymore."

Curious tightening in both the chests of hubs and myself today-- short of breath. Truly, we are heartsick.

With no money for a lawsuit, how to fight such evil?

Pray for judgment on this piece of **** is all we can do-- and pray for my mother-in-law.
  • familygirl37167
    Options

Saga of last week, to recap, was evil brother-in-law told us mother-in-law may not leave premises of nursing home.

Fast forward to this past Saturday where I called for her and was told that she was at a double header baseball game with said evil brother-in-law. WTF? (yes, F -- enough of the H when it comes to this *kitten*)

So, okay, we'll try again-- hubs e-mails this morning asks to pick up mother-in-law this coming Saturday and bring her back here for lunch, an afternoon performance of Faith's high school musical (Guys and Dolls) dinner, and we'll have her home by 8pm.

Curious tightening in both the chests of hubs and myself today-- short of breath. Truly, we are heartsick.

Pray for judgment on this piece of **** is all we can do-- and pray for my mother-in-law.

Marla- I am truly truly truly sorry that he is acting that way!! I would have thrown it up in his face..well how come you can take her to a double header baseball game, I would not could not bite my tounge you are stronger then I am...My prayers are with you and dear hubs!!!
  • Marla64
    Options

Marla- I am truly truly truly sorry that he is acting that way!! I would have thrown it up in his face..well how come you can take her to a double header baseball game, I would not could not bite my tounge you are stronger then I am...My prayers are with you and dear hubs!!!

Thanks, Tamara-- this is not my family, so my husband is doing all the talking. I just called to speak to my mother-in-law and was told "she's not here right now" by a woman who works there that hubs says is one of the bad guys. Says she'll be back in 30 minutes. We'll see-- we were predicting that they'd shut off all access to us before long, and refuse to allow us any calls.

Hell-- we just learned recently that we could even talk to her. Before she was locked in the nursing home portion, she was living with my father-in-law in assisted living-- and she tells us that he ripped the phone off the wall to keep her from calling us. His story is that she was making too many calls, all over the country since she's "demented" and he unplugged the wall. However, he's also confessed to my husband in the past three months that "his medication makes him" do terrible things to her.

But, SHE'S the nut, supposedly--

However-- the scum never even gave us her phone number or address when he locked her in there. It is beyond evil and shameless.

We're doing what we can to start rattling some cages. Until we can find an attorney that would take a case pro-bono-- unlikely in these times-- we're screwed.

Clearly, brother-in-law is not interested in her welfare, merely in sticking it to my husband.
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    Marla, I am so sorry to read what your brother in law is up to. I am a great believer that what goes around comes around, and so believe that he will get his, but unfortunately this doesn't help doe sit :frown:

I will hold you and your family in my thoughts, and pray that something turns up to help you with this. Love to you all, xx
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla, I am so sorry to read what your brother in law is up to. I am a great believer that what goes around comes around, and so believe that he will get his, but unfortunately this doesn't help doe sit :frown:

I will hold you and your family in my thoughts, and pray that something turns up to help you with this. Love to you all, xx

You know, Tanya-- that's the only thing that helps. As a Christian I believe firmly in God's judgment, which is even harsher on those who profess Christianity, according to scripture. Truly, that's the only thing that's seeing me through this.

I finally just got my two cents in via e-mail to the scumbag saying simply shame on you-- and that every time I think the nightmare he's created can't get any worse, he surprises me with greater evil and ended by telling him that my children and I join his mother in praying for his repentance, and/or God's judgment on him.

One way or the other, sin gets punished-- either here, or in eternity-- I don't care where it is-- barring any repentance on his part, I wait with relish for his punishment.

The pain he's caused never ends. :cry: