BLACK TEAM WEEK 10!!!!

Options
Wow,

Honestly folks I am cashed on challenge ideas at the momment. It's been a long week and I have no brain juice in the tank right now so lets revisit the logging challenge. I know I need to get back to logging my food. that's your focus this week peoples.

Results below_

MFP0310.jpg

Well spring is coming and you can smell it in the air up here in maine. I am considering joining a CSA this year.
CSA=Community Supported Aggriculture. You buys a "share" in a local farm. You buy your share at the beginning of the season and then return to the farm weekly to pick up your farm share. Depending on how the growing season goes you can get more than your money's worth. but if the growing season isnt so good you run that risk. The good thing is everything is organic and as fresh as fresh gets. The variety of whats availble depends on what's available for harvest but it's usually a good selection. It starts in early June and ends in October. You pay 515.00 for the share but you get a weekly pick-up that averaged 11-13 lbs of fresh fruit and veggies. Additonally you get free access to their "Pick your own" crops every sunday (apples, berries, herbs and flowers) It's a great way to get good local organic produce while supporting the local community. We might try it this year and see if it's worthwhile. I have alot of friends that are part of CSA's and love it. I have one co-worker tho does a workshare. He puts in one 8 hour day of labor a week on the farm and gets his share for free. Good stuff. If you guys love the fresh veggies you should look into CSA's in your area.

Anyhoo,

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Replies

• musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    logging all food...check!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    you two are so cute.

Thanks, Batman.
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Okay...logging food is good! I just came back from vacation in Savannah, GA. We had a great time! I was gone for 3 days and I worked out before I left, once there at the hotel and when I got home. I thought that was pretty good. We walked and walked and walked. Really a beautiful city!

I work with a woman who is 46 years old. She is recovering from heart failure. She had open heart surgery and is slowly recovering. She has to keep track of her sodium now. I turned her onto MFP and I hope she uses it. She also needs to gain weight! I guess we should all be fortunate that we are not in those shoes. I don't know...just something to think about!

Have a Heart Healthy week!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Yes, we're all hard on ourselves, but I'd prefer that to the years where I wasn't hard at all on myself, excused everything, and ballooned to 221 pounds.

These days, I have my weight loss guidelines set for one pound per week loss, which is 1470 calories per day. I'm under that most days, with no loss. So, my body is obviously not wishing to budge right now. And that's with 4 days at least per week of exercise.

I'm up 3 pounds here, down 2 there, up 4, down one-- like you all, I'm tired of freaking about it. It's normal. I'm a 45 year old hormonal nutwad-- these things happen with age, ya know?

So, personally, I'm chilling. I'm keeping my ticker and still trying for the 50 pound goal.... Hoping with the spring and daylight savings, et cetera, that my running will increase, outdoor activity will increase, calorie burn will increase a bit-- and maybe by the end of the summer, I'll have hit goal.

I'm still here, plugging away, crowing about the victories, *****ing about the failures, encouraging, being encouraged-- and just rolling with the punches. We'll have our ups and downs, my friends. It's how we weather them at the end of the day that tells us who we are inside.

My children are surrounding me-- sermon over.

Marla this is so true. It's a lesson we are all learning. While we should NEVER stop bettering oursleves their has to come a point when we learn to be happy with ourselves in the meantime. I will still reach all my goals but I am learning how to have a smile on my face until I do.
    :drinker:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,753 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later. Night my friends.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Tag
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Morning from the uk, tracking/logging food. I think I can do that, although also think I need to take a step back alitlle - was sitting in Costa Coffee yesterday franticly trying to update mfp on my blackberry and crashed it, I felt so low that I couldn't get onto the site!

Will check back later, need to do breakfasts and get boys up and ready for school.

PS - Andrew and Beth, congrats on the new cars
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Andrew-- Thanks for the chart! Ane I love the challenge...logging I can do:smile: I wish we had a farm share thing around here..Im going to have to check that out. Im wondering if Im to much in the city (10 mins from downtown Chicago) to have anything like that near here? I would love that though. Oh, and congrats on the new rides!:smokin:

Sara-- Welcome back! So glad you had a nice vacation, and sounds like you stuck to working out while gone...yay for you!:drinker: Wow, 46 years old and heart failure? That is scary. Heart disease runs in my family and its always in the back of my mind. A couple of weeks ago the gym that I belong to started a contest sort of thing. They asked every member as they walked in the door that day "Why do you work out?" It caught me (and everyone else) offguard...but Im guessing that was the idea...to get off the top of your head immediate responses. Well, I immediately said "To get heart healthy". The winner gets their answer printed on the new clothing that advertises the gym. Im sure I wont win anything, but it was my honest response:blushing:

Tanya-- Hope you get your phone back up and running. I tried out a Blackberry for about 2 weeks, then I returned it and went back to my old trusty Chocolate:laugh: It was great if you understand and have a need for all that stuff on it. But for me, I was lost and had a hard time just trying to figure out how to text and make a call!:laugh: I am so modern technology challenged:ohwell: All those great features were totally wasted on me.:laugh:

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    roni- i would definitely look into the farm sharing in your area if you're interested. last night, andy found one that distributes their vegetables in cambridge, ma! i don't think it gets much closer to the big city. they might have farms in the suburban areas that may truck them closer to the city.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Tag off to work then to dr appointment my son is sick...fun fun fun...needless to say no gym this morning..I will by golly go before I pick my 5 yr old up from school!!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    roni- i would definitely look into the farm sharing in your area if you're interested. last night, andy found one that distributes their vegetables in cambridge, ma! i don't think it gets much closer to the big city. they might have farms in the suburban areas that may truck them closer to the city.

Thanks Beth:flowerforyou: I just did a quick search and I am coming up with some within about 20-30 mins from me. Thats good news! Right now Im heading out to drop kids at school and then to the gym but Im going to look more into it when I get back:smile: I would love to do something like that!:heart:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Tag! :flowerforyou:
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    :smile: tag...off to the gym...does anyone work with a trainer...I was given a hefty price of $1200 for 24 sessions, and though that may be a good price, all I have to say ARE THEY CRAZY...I can't afford that...

But off to the gym...have a great day everyone
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Logging has SUCKED for me as of these last 2 weeks. I WILL LOG EVERYTHING!!!! I have to make 120 cookies at the end of this week for my sister in laws baby shower. I will make my hubs and girls try them out to make sure they are good. I'm not a big fan of sugar cookies anyways.

Hope all are well.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning team...I'm late getting started today, had to pay bills and balance the checkbook :cry: I never get to hold onto my money for very long. It is raining and yucky here today so no running outside. I will have to get on the treadmill. Today is my normal gym day. I finally lost a pound but I made a banana pudding this morning. It will be hard to stay out of it but I will try to moderate it. Have a great day!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,921 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Logging it is! And, my water challenge. Haven't given that one up since the very beginning.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Logging it is! And, my water challenge. Haven't given that one up since the very beginning.

Yes, Kati-- I'm with you on the water. Since my SpongeMarla of well over a year ago, I simply have never brought it back into my routine. It's all I drink, but I don't drink nearly enough.

Good morning all from Browntown-- all is well here. I find myself not recognizing this lighthearted woman who is occupying my skin. So long have I been muddling through the ****, forcing myself to find the joy in my situation, struggling to "consider it joy" as scripture teaches, "when facing trials of many kinds."

In reality, not much has changed on paper. We're still unemployed. Sarah still hasn't heard any financial details from sponsors, so that's still up in the air. But, my son is home, pleasant and currently working hard. And just the tease, I guess, of the positive from last week was enough to raise my spirits. If nothing else, my hope which was lost, has returned. So, praise the Lord, eh?

David, my eldest, got a job working at the golf course literally around the corner. He used to be a player there, well known for his golf prowess. He lost the club championship there by one stroke at age 12....and since gave up the game, because he simply couldn't control his emotions. (read anger)

He got a job working there the past two summers, and nearly burned his bridges because of his laziness and irresponsibility. Fortunately, the current superintendent of golf (formerly the greenskeeper....curious change of title, but what do I know?) Likes him, and has always felt bad about the direction his life was turning. Seems the gentleman recognizes himself in my son, I guess-- either way, "Dave" has always had a soft spot for my David and hired him back on the spot, and is keeping him quite busy.

I'm simply beyond thrilled that things are working so well in David's return home thus far. We were all shaking in our boots. But, as David and I discussed last night, I think we all were shaken by the hole in our hearts that his absence left, and are all doing our parts to insure it doesn't happen again. My husband hasn't had two tolerant thoughts, let alone words to say, to David for the past five years-- and David, obviously, rebelled at every turn.

The two of them are actually conversing, respectfully. DH is realizing that parenting doesn't stop when the child rebels. It makes me positively sob with joy, my dear friends. I guess God really does answer prayers, for this is what I've been praying for for Y-E-A-R-S-- specifically that the relationship could be restored. Yes, the journey back will be long and bumpy, no doubt, with pot holes here and there along the road....but the first few days have been extremely encouraging.

And I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being happy for me, and for all your kind words of encouragment. Having you to turn to this past year has saved me. I love you all-- you raise me up, people.

Chatty Cathy signing off-- have a great day.

I return now to my laundry!!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    tag
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Logging food....check !