BLACK TEAM WEEK 10!!!!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    My friends-- if my husband hasn't had his heart attack yet, the events of today will surely take care of it.

I will keep this awful story painfully short-- due to how happy she is when she is out of her "memory care unit" apparently my mother-in-law becomes "disruptive" according to the powers that be upon her return. She tells the other people there, apparently, how much she hates it. She's a bad girl. And the staff complains to her son, my brother-in-law.

So, my brother-in-law, who we learned today has full power of attorney-- (my mother-in-law didn't even know it-- she thought she only granted financial-- or something-- ) told us, when we attempted to sign her out again, and bring her here for two nights until her husband returns from HIS vacation, that he forbids it.

Not only that, this ahole who's on vacation while his mother rots in the nuthatch, won't even permit her to be signed out for anything-- he won't bring her to our house, we may not bring her to dinner, he's not taking her to church anymore-- all because seeing the light of day and breathing in freedom snaps her out of her medically induced stupor they're keeping her in-- and she begins to fight back.

Bear in mind, her "fighting back" is from a frail 81 year old woman who can barely walk, can't get out of a chair without help, and needs help with her bathroom needs-- she fights back with her "I don't want to be here. I don't belong here. I want to go home" attitude.

This nightmare is too much to bear, my friends-- my husband and daughter, 12 year old Rebekah, are clinging to grandma right now in her room and they're all sobbiing. My mother-in-law said to my husband, "He's locked me up in here. My life is over. I may as well be dead."

Never before have we felt so helpless. We have no money or connections to fight a legal war to overturn any POA she signed, nor do we believe she'd be "cognizant" enough to testify on her own behalf-- brother-in-law would no doubt make sure she's too drugged for that.

This is a Movie of the Week drama-- I wouldn't believe it if we weren't living it. The punchline here is there's no fortune that he's going to inherit-- there is nothing for him but power.

Continued prayers if you're led-- my husband is positively homicidal right now.

Sorry to continually dump these tales-- I love you all.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    your tale is painfully familiar Can only tell you that your husband will get through it but his relationship and love for his brother will have changed for ever. Prayers, Richie
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Marla...Dump away my friend, that's what we're here for, to listen. :heart:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    W2D1 of C25K is in the book.

Sweat...check
    Inhaler used..check
    Legs tired...check
    Enjoyed ...Check Check

Marla, did you hear me talking to you the whole time? We were having a great convo.
    vahidrk1.gifth_running1.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Whew-- so glad I know it's you-- I thought I was going nuts.

Naw...besides it would have been a shorter drive. :laugh: :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    My friends-- if my husband hasn't had his heart attack yet, the events of today will surely take care of it.

I will keep this awful story painfully short-- due to how happy she is when she is out of her "memory care unit" apparently my mother-in-law becomes "disruptive" according to the powers that be upon her return. She tells the other people there, apparently, how much she hates it. She's a bad girl. And the staff complains to her son, my brother-in-law.

So, my brother-in-law, who we learned today has full power of attorney-- (my mother-in-law didn't even know it-- she thought she only granted financial-- or something-- ) told us, when we attempted to sign her out again, and bring her here for two nights until her husband returns from HIS vacation, that he forbids it.

Not only that, this ahole who's on vacation while his mother rots in the nuthatch, won't even permit her to be signed out for anything-- he won't bring her to our house, we may not bring her to dinner, he's not taking her to church anymore-- all because seeing the light of day and breathing in freedom snaps her out of her medically induced stupor they're keeping her in-- and she begins to fight back.

Bear in mind, her "fighting back" is from a frail 81 year old woman who can barely walk, can't get out of a chair without help, and needs help with her bathroom needs-- she fights back with her "I don't want to be here. I don't belong here. I want to go home" attitude.

This nightmare is too much to bear, my friends-- my husband and daughter, 12 year old Rebekah, are clinging to grandma right now in her room and they're all sobbiing. My mother-in-law said to my husband, "He's locked me up in here. My life is over. I may as well be dead."

Never before have we felt so helpless. We have no money or connections to fight a legal war to overturn any POA she signed, nor do we believe she'd be "cognizant" enough to testify on her own behalf-- brother-in-law would no doubt make sure she's too drugged for that.

This is a Movie of the Week drama-- I wouldn't believe it if we weren't living it. The punchline here is there's no fortune that he's going to inherit-- there is nothing for him but power.

Continued prayers if you're led-- my husband is positively homicidal right now.

Sorry to continually dump these tales-- I love you all.

Marla~ you and your family are in my thoughts. beisdes my sometimes pain in the butt mom you YES YOU are one of the strongest ladies I have ever met!!

My uncle had POA with my grandmother and managed to get the whole family to dispise my mom. In the end my grandmother got what she wanted (PEACE) and I ended up with her very old china and my mom got nothing. At least we have great memories with her and I know that she was never used by my mothers children.

On a good note I went to the gym even though I'm not feeling so great I was there 1 hour 20 minutes and burned 1000 calories!!!

What to eat now that I burned all those calories!!! I need to eat but feel like I shouldn't waste the food cause I can't taste it anyways!!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Marla...I have been reading your posts and all I have to say is that your brother-in-law is an absolute *kitten*. Maybe someday his family will lock him away in a facility and leave him there. Probably not my place to say it. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than mistreating a helpless person. Shame on him! I will pray that things get better for you and that your DH doesn't kill him.:smile:

P.S. I'm sorry if that was too harsh. Sometimes I open my mouth before my brain engages!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla...I have been reading your posts and all I have to say is that your brother-in-law is an absolute *kitten*. Maybe someday his family will lock him away in a facility and leave him there. Probably not my place to say it. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than mistreating a helpless person. Shame on him! I will pray that things get better for you and that your DH doesn't kill him.:smile:

P.S. I'm sorry if that was too harsh. Sometimes I open my mouth before my brain engages!

Tammy-- please, oh my goodness-- no apologies. You're not saying anything we're not feeling, believe me. Elder abuse and child abuse are two of the biggies in my book-- like you said, you're picking on the helpless. Big man.

Actually, he told my husband that he has already instructed his children to do exactly the same with him, if he is as "demented" as Grandma when he's that age, because he doesn't want to be a burden to his children. (Mind you-- she is no burden at all. And definitely not to him-- we want her here with us-- how does it harm him? Why does he care? )

My husband ( who I'm proud to say was the picture of restraint ) simply told him in reply, that he wishes the same pain, then, on his brother some day that he has caused their mother. She is devastated-- and so is my husband.

However, woman of faith that she is, after having her cry, she composed herself. Said it's out of her hands, there's nothing we can do about it but to pray for a miracle. She's an amazing woman.

We fully expect to be told soon that all visits to her are forbidden-- nothing will surprise us anymore. Violence at that point wouldn't surprise me, either-- my husband is not a rash man, but he is a just man. He has a very clear sense of right and wrong, black and white-- and doesn't care a fig about the laws on the books that would deem physically kicking the **** out of his brother as a crime. He wouldn't go out of his way to do it, but any encounter between these two right now should prove interesting.

Oh my-- on I go-- enough-- so much time this day has been spent discussing, crying, fretting, seething over this-- and my exercise time, laundry time, children time, everything time has been sapped.

Thanks Richie for your words, you too, Sam-- and to all of you who daily give me your strength--
    you raise me up, people.

Later, my friends.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    marla- as is the case in many things, my heart is with you. I will be sure to pray about this one with the big guy. Some people are just so blind to what is right.

My team- Glad to find you all well. Got a good workout in and I am feeling well. Life has been a bit disorderly as of late. Many things going on. I will come back down eventually. I swear. lol

:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    marla- as is the case in many things, my heart is with you. I will be sure to pray about this one with the big guy. Some people are just so blind to what is right.

My team- Glad to find you all well. Got a good workout in and I am feeling well. Life has been a bit disorderly as of late. Many things going on. I will come back down eventually. I swear. lol

:drinker:

When you do, bring me with you-- seriously.

Remember the days when our weight problem was the biggest problem?
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Marla - you are amazing and if things are just then the a hole of a brother in law will get what he deserves.

This has happened to my family, with my uncle moving my grandparents first into sheltered accommodation and later into a dementia home. My grandad passed away last year and I found out through facebook and he arranged the cremation to be on my mums birthday! To top it all when my dad passed on last year (not his brother, he is my mums brother but she passed away when I was 10 - 26 years ago) he completely blanked the family - 1 text after I let him know, and then no card and he didn't attend the funeral! I now don't have any contact with my nana (although she has no idea who I am) and as far as my uncle is concerned he will need me before I need him! Sorry seemed to have hijacked this with all about me!!

Well my hip was getting better, but last night I decided to give Rob's god daughter and cuddle and jumped up and down with her and I felt my back go crack, and boy does it hurt now! Will be walking (slowly) as this is probably the only exercise I can do at the mo, but otherwise I am out of action for a while. Will watch my food, but won't weigh - don't think I can bend to get the scales at the mo!

Check back later,xx
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Wow lots going on, on the black team...

Marla you are truly an amazing person

Tanya- I hope your back get to feeling better real soon

Sam- good calorie burn yesterday at the gym

Everyone else hello..

While I was at darling sons baseball practice...it was cold and windy and I said I am gonna run, at least I will be warm...I almost had myself talked out of it, but I did it I think it was like 45 and very windy..

5 miles done 480 calories burned 57 minutes..I was super proud of myself but talk about sore this morning...Welp eating my frnch toast and drinking my coffee then off to the gym I am off today!! Yippee I hope my husband has as attitiude adjustment before he expects me to ride around with him....
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Marla-- I am just amazed at how cold-hearted your brother-in-law must be! It is such a shame and so, so sad. I know it isnt much comfort, but regardless of what he does, Violet knows how much your family loves her and Im sure that brings her a smile several times a day. I pray for her and your situation daily.:heart:

Tanya-- Wow, you have got to be careful lady! I hope your back gets to feeling better soon:heart:

Sam-- Great workout!!:drinker: Hope your starting to feel better:flowerforyou:

Andrew (and Beth)-- I miss seeing you guys around here!!:sad:

Lori-- Good luck on the bathing suit decisions...I wish I could just get into one without looking like a horror movie!!:laugh:

Im sure I have forgotten something...I apologize. I hope everyone has a great last chance workout today and get those corned beefs in the slow cooker tonight!:wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla - you are amazing and if things are just then the a hole of a brother in law will get what he deserves.

This has happened to my family, with my uncle moving my grandparents first into sheltered accommodation and later into a dementia home. My grandad passed away last year and I found out through facebook and he arranged the cremation to be on my mums birthday! To top it all when my dad passed on last year (not his brother, he is my mums brother but she passed away when I was 10 - 26 years ago) he completely blanked the family - 1 text after I let him know, and then no card and he didn't attend the funeral! I now don't have any contact with my nana (although she has no idea who I am) and as far as my uncle is concerned he will need me before I need him! Sorry seemed to have hijacked this with all about me!!

Well my hip was getting better, but last night I decided to give Rob's god daughter and cuddle and jumped up and down with her and I felt my back go crack, and boy does it hurt now! Will be walking (slowly) as this is probably the only exercise I can do at the mo, but otherwise I am out of action for a while. Will watch my food, but won't weigh - don't think I can bend to get the scales at the mo!

Check back later,xx

Oh my-- I'm the hijacker-- drifting off to sleep last night, feeling bad for taking over the thread--

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming-- ha.

Thanks everybody--

Back to work!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Marla- you are to funny you keep me laughing to say the least..

Had a great workout today..745 calories burned 5 miles on machine and 6.3 miles on bike..I need to update my miles logged...well gonna ride with hubby today...hopefully he is in a better moood...Crossing my finger and saying a quick prayer...everyone get those last minutes workouts in...My son has a band concert tonight, so I had to do mione this morning...

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning all...Off to work for me. I have a big decision to make today. I have to decide if I am ready to quit one of my jobs. It is too much for me type 10 hours every day and I am making very little money on my national account. We will eventually lose the local account to EMR (electronic medical records) but don't know when it will be. I make about 3x the money on the local account. My hubby's theory is to let go of the national account and something will turn up when the local account goes to EMR. It is kinda scary though to quit a job in this economy, no matter how bad it is. I've prayed a lot about it and I know what I need to do, it is just the actually doing it that worries me. Hope you all have a great day.

Tanya...Hope your back feels better soon. I had that happen to me once when I was cleaning out the attic. Ouch!

Tam...Congrats on the motivation to get your run in! I went for a short run last night and the wind just about blew me back down the hill.
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Good morning BT !
  • Marla64
    Options
    Great workout Tamara--

Tammy-- prayers for wisdom for you as you make this decision-- nothing like working for peanuts, eh? Story of my life. :wink:

Bobbi-- good morning!

Tanya-- hope your back is better. Blech.

Roni-- thanks for your words, my friend-- you're all just aces-- truly, all of you.

'Homeschool Pony's' in my home in less than an hour-- this little, history, civics thing we do with a friend. She runs it. I provide the place. Not a bad deal. Between her kids and mine, we fill a room-- she has 8.

Have a great day--
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,753 Member
    Options
    Hey all, popping in to see what's up today. I am digging again. Now for the deck. I gotta say, I'm not moving very fast though. :grumble: One of those days. I would rather wander around and smell the roses than actually work, metaphorically speaking of course. I don't have any roses! :laugh: Although I did wander through Lowes for quite some time after I took the kids to school scoping out what flowers/trees/shrubs I NEED. :tongue:

Lunch break is almost over. Back to work for me!

It's still a freaking mess, but here's our progress so far. Concrete pad was done on the spot I levelved, retaining wall put in, huge 1,000+ pound beast of an 8 person hot tub loaded onto the trailer, hauled across town and drug across our yard by a lot of guys!
    DSC_0045.jpg?t=1268764768

Edit to add this pic too:
    DSC_0042.jpg?t=1268765064
    Did I mention in the midst of all of this DH insisted on settting his 3 posts for the triangle shaped pergola he wants to build over the outdoor kitchen? 1,000 projects going on, I'm telling ya.
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Lori, Its all starting to come together and looks good. :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    It looks wonderful!