Alpha male

Options

Replies

• lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Illegal over where?? I'm sorry but I don't know where you live. Why scared of sleeping "with" a weapon?? It is an inanimate object.

I'm scared of sleeping with a gun for the simple fact that well, it's a gun and it can kill you. I have a 5 year old. I think that about sums it up.

Also, I live in Canada where it's not deemed necessary to own a gun.

It doesn't need to be loaded, but the ammo should be nearby. And they have locks for guns, ya know, so children (or anyone else who shouldn't have access) can't shoot them.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of sleeping with a gun for the simple fact that well, it's a gun and it can kill you. I have a 5 year old. I think that about sums it up.
    I, and I assume the others that posted about sleeping with a gun, have it in a secure place near where I sleep. It's a child- and thief-proof safe that I can access quickly should I need to.
    I loved the Mackenzie Brothers.
  • johnslc
    Options
    My (similar) rationale is the angles (& distance) makes it more likely for me to see someone coming through the door 1st and also give me more time to react. Makes me feel like I'd have a better chance at protecting. The alpha male part of guys wants to believe we'd instinctively hesitate less to attack an intruder (whether true or not) than our partner.
  • stormtruck2
    stormtruck2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Illegal over where?? I'm sorry but I don't know where you live. Why scared of sleeping "with" a weapon?? It is an inanimate object.

Not trying to be intrangent here, but I disagree when you say "it" could kill you. How? You lay a weapon down and come back two years later, it still hasn't moved. It is an inaminate object. It can can be used to kills someone yes. Such as someone trying to kill you. As for the 5 year old. Yes you are right to keep him from getting unauthorized accees to a weapon. My children all started shooting at age for, under my supervison. Training that starts with saftey training. You don't teach a child how to drive by just puutting them in a car. You educate, then give them access, and complete training. As my darling wifes says, "You can't rape a .38." So please don be afraid of things you don't know or understand. Learn, expand your knowledge. You may find a hobby you greatly enjoy. I know a lot of women who shoot for fun. And I hate to admit, many can shoot better than I. :laugh:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    lol, i just think men try and talk there way out of it, we heard a noise the other week, and he had the nerve to nudge me and said what was that, as if i was supposed to go and look lol
    Asking you what the noise was equates to wanting you to go investigate?

My wife sleeps closer to the door, and I sleep closer to my .38. That's a pistol. I sleep like a friggin' baby knowing I have the means to keep my family safe.

lol... I can't even text half asleep, let alone find a key to unlock the gun cabinet, load the gun, and then use it as protection.
    I need my sleep. Just take the stuff and go.
  • stormtruck2
    Options
    My (similar) rationale is the angles (& distance) makes it more likely for me to see someone coming through the door 1st and also give me more time to react. Makes me feel like I'd have a better chance at protecting. The alpha male part of guys wants to believe we'd instinctively hesitate less to attack an intruder (whether true or not) than our partner.

I tend to agree that men are more likely to act physically towards a threat than the average women, that is unless there is a threat towards their child, then hell hath no fury...
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

You better get some guns soon. We are about to invade your *kitten* for producing Justin Bieber and Nickelback!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My alpha male never spends the night...but should he I believe he would sleep closest to the door to avoid the pug that must sleep next to my head...and fart.
    . Your hair must smell lovely, lol..
  • stormtruck2
    Options
    lol, i just think men try and talk there way out of it, we heard a noise the other week, and he had the nerve to nudge me and said what was that, as if i was supposed to go and look lol
    Asking you what the noise was equates to wanting you to go investigate?

My wife sleeps closer to the door, and I sleep closer to my .38. That's a pistol. I sleep like a friggin' baby knowing I have the means to keep my family safe.

lol... I can't even text half asleep, let alone find a key to unlock the gun cabinet, load the gun, and then use it as protection.
    I need my sleep. Just take the stuff and go.

I have had my home broke into in the mddle of the night, they don't just take the stuff and go. If they just want your stuff they want until you are gone.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

Not trying to be intrangent here, but I disagree when you say "it" could kill you. How? You lay a weapon down and come back two years later, it still hasn't moved. It is an inaminate object. It can can be used to kills someone yes. Such as someone trying to kill you. As for the 5 year old. Yes you are right to keep him from getting unauthorized accees to a weapon. My children all started shooting at age for, under my supervison. Training that starts with saftey training. You don't teach a child how to drive by just puutting them in a car. You educate, then give them access, and complete training. As my darling wifes says, "You can't rape a .38." So please don be afraid of things you don't know or understand. Learn, expand your knowledge. You may find a hobby you greatly enjoy. I know a lot of women who shoot for fun. And I hate to admit, many can shoot better than I. :laugh:

I'm not arguing with anything and don't care about guns at all, I'm just scared of them. What are you scared of, sir? I bet I would find it equally as amusing as you find my fear.
  • _DaniD_
    Options
    You better get some guns soon. We are about to invade your *kitten* for producing Justin Bieber and Nickelback!

I have apologized enough for this!!
  • stormtruck2
    Options

Yes they did, but they also gave us The Guess Who, Bachman Turner Overdrive and Rush!! I will giv ehtem credit for that. :laugh:
  • stormtruck2
    Options

I'm not arguing with anything and don't care about guns at all, I'm just scared of them. What are you scared of, sir? I bet I would find it equally as amusing as you find my fear.

I'm not laughing at your fear. Just dialoging with you about it. I would hope that you would not laugh at my home having been violently broken into though. I'm sure that you wouldn't. I am saying that I believe tht if you sought out some education and developed an understanding of firearms you would fear them less, perhaps even not at all. We all fear what we do not understand. Lord knows I fear giving birth!!!:laugh:
    and math!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Yes they did, but they also gave us The Guess Who, Bachman Turner Overdrive and Rush!! I will giv ehtem credit for that. :laugh:

what about Bryan Adams and Anne Murray... um... never mind...
  • _DaniD_
    Options
    I, and I assume the others that posted about sleeping with a gun, have it in a secure place near where I sleep. It's a child- and thief-proof safe that I can access quickly should I need to.

I assumed not because they said that's why the sleep on the side closest to the wall, where their guns are. How effective is that?

"Could you hang on just one second while I get my gun out of my safe and load it with bullets, don't move"
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

I assumed not because they said that's why the sleep on the side closest to the wall, where their guns are. How effective is that?

"Could you hang on just one second while I get my gun out of my safe and load it with bullets, don't move"

Then again, not sure what the alpha male is going to protect you with otherwise. Maybe the phone to call the police? "Stand back baby, I'm dialing, I'm dialing!"
  • stormtruck2
    Options

Dani, your a fairly correct. But there are lock boxes that read you palm print and pop right open. They will only open after verifing authorized palm prints. So they do allow fairly quick access. But as far as leaving your weapon unloaded with a trigger lock inside a mini safe... yeah what good is that? Ours lay on the night stand condition 1, with the shotgun between the wall and night stand. faast access when the glass breaks. Remeber, when seconds count, police are only minutes away.
  • _DaniD_
    Options
    I'm not laughing at your fear. Just dialoging with you about it. I would hope that you would not laugh at my home having been violently broken into though. I'm sure that you wouldn't. I am saying that I believe tht if you sought out some education and developed an understanding of firearms you would fear them less, perhaps even not at all. We all fear what we do not understand. Lord knows I fear giving birth!!!:laugh:
    and math!

Why would I sought out some education on firearms? That's silly. It's just a difference of opinions based on our life experiences.
  • _DaniD_
    Options

Then again, not sure what the alpha male is going to protect you with otherwise. Maybe the phone to call the police? "Stand back baby, I'm dialing, I'm dialing!"

I'm in Canada remember.. even the people committing the home invasions are not likely to have guns.