200+ (Week 21) Fling Into Spring

Options

Replies

• cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Morning Super Ladies!!
    Aka...thanks for the good luck vibe, I'll let you all know how it turns out. I'm more of a shorter hair girl now. When it starts to go below my shoulders I have it up in a ponytail holder. And, I have curly hair, so that just makes it more of a mess.....lol

Deb---I think eating late one night is allright. It's life, it's going to happen. And, I think you made wise decisions. A couple cups of steamed veggies was a great choice!!! Good for you. Glad your getting to your flowerbeds. My mother in law has said that the gardening is for me to do whatever I want once we get up there. So, I am pretty excited about that. Thinking of trying to grow some tomatoes or chilis or something.....

mrs bojangles (and she danced.......sorry, i think of the song every time i see your name)....Good job going for 5 more minutes. That is an accomplishment!!

Mish...hang in there, your doing great!!
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Aka - Yeah I agree with Pinbot on that. I did a bit less walking last night on the treadmill just to change it up. This was suggested by hubby. He thinks maybe I need to do a little less or every other day.

Cds - I am trying to mix things up. Maybe a straight out formula is not right for me and I need to keep my body guessing. Since everyone is different that could be my answer.

When I lost my most weight I did basic stuff with my Wii fit. Maybe for a time I will go back to that and see what happens. No, I refuse to break it off with my treadmill, but maybe back off a little.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Super Pals....I'm up early this morning...hubby off to work early. The weather has been so nice here the last week. I have been working outdoors clearing out all the flowerbeds...I sure do hope I'm not doing it to early!
    I'm getting ready to do a stretch and some ab work, maybe a lowerbody workout too, then I'm meeting a friend for a powerwalk in town at one of the parks. I have been doing the "interval workout" thing this week, since last Saturday...I hope to see a difference in the scale this Friday. I really like the workouts, have any off you tried them? To me it seems like they go so fast....not sure why, and it does move my heart rate around...goes up pretty quick and stays high after.
    We got home late last night, dinner wasn't finished until 9PM...I had a couple of cups of steamed veggies, but what do you guys think about eating so late? I was really thinking I shouldn't be doing this....but I was also needing to eat 850 calories:ohwell: I left about 500....but that was the first itme this week, so I'm hoping not a big deal.
    Have a great Wednesday everyone!:drinker:

I do this with cardio...faster to get my HR up, then slower, backwards, then forward, etc. I seriously think it is why I started seeing weight loss. Jump started my body again.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Ok, I decided to go back and see what and how many calories I was eating the week I lost the most weight. I noticed that weekend I did not log anything in food wise. I don't know if the idea of having "off" on that weekend changed my thinking or what. That was also a week I was not dedicated to my treadmill.

Thoughts anyone?

I rarely log on the weekends though I've tried to make a better habit about it lately. What I try to do is to only eat back some of my exercise calories during the week so that I have the extra cals for when I overeat on the weekends if that makes any sense? It's worked for me so far...
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Hey gang - Thank goodness I am getting a lunch break today.

Blombie - you go girl!!!! I want you to be happy and find someone who respects you and makes you happy.

Nikki - hugs to you in this rough time. You too deserve to be treated with respect and to be happy in a relationship. Good luck.

Kristina - good luck apartment hunting. Hopefully the complex you chose will have a great workout room.

cds - I wanna get my hair done. I love going to the beauty shop. We want to see pictures of the new do.

To all near 200 - the scale teased me for about 2 weeks before I broke through and stayed under 200. Thank goodness that time is over.

Andria - pop in when you can. You are now on the chart so look for your numbers next week!!! Sorry I missed your post last week (yes I am blond and sometimes can't see what's right in front of me)... Have fun with the boys.

So Lacey - what brand of beer did you have (Young's Cream Stout is my guess)? Beer is my down fall:blushing: DH went to brewing school in CA (University of Davis - I think) and professionally brewed for awhile (so now you know why I gained weight!!!) Not only does computer work pay better but is better for my health. We toured many CA breweries and stayed a night at the Brewer for the Humboldt County brew pub many years ago (1996)... Yes beer cal add up quickly. My current favorite is Sierra Nevada Celebration but it comes in at 212 cal a bottle. I don't drink it very often.

MrsBojangles - great job on the extra 5 min!!!

Deb - I need to try more interval type workouts. Maybe this weekend I will download one and try it. As far as eating late - do the best you can. I often have a 200 cal snack that late. I don't know how it effects weight loss.

Mish - my personal theory on why you lose more weight on weeks you dont ex is that you come closer to eating the cal your body needs. I find that when I exercise alot, I need to eat alot more to lose weight. I often go way over on the weekend and I think it shakes your metabolism up. Don't give up on the treadmill - maybe try the interval stuff Deb talked about - go slow for a 2 or 3 min, pick up the pace for 1 to 2 min and repeat. That will help shake up your metabolism too. If you change to every other day for treadmill, do something like your wii or get a one of Leslie Sansone's DVDs or the shred to try on the other days. Good luck and keep up the great work.

Well I better go do some work before I have to leave for the rest of my afternoon clients.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    It was some Irish beer. Tall can like Guiness, with the nitrogren caplet it in, but not Guiness. WAY more creamy not as heavy. A little milder in flavor. I'll have to look at the can tonight. It's all gone and I am sad. I don't drink beer to often either but once in a while it calls my name for a week or so.
    I really really like the Halo IPA beer and locally we have Ninkasi beers which if you can find is effing fantastic! They are getting to be quite a big thing in the NW and are slowly expanding. Apparently they just had to turn down a contract for Safeway because they couldn't keep the quality of the beer and grow fast enough at the same time to fulfill orders. To me, that spells smart thinking and good beers!
    Honestly I am a major gin drinker. Love the stuff. Not so much in the winter but in the summer I will be making it part of my calorie count. There is nothing better than a G&T in the late afternoon heat. So refreshing. My boss too is a gin drinker and we travel it can get out of hand if you know what I mean...lol.

I'm tired mentally. Too much on my mind lately to fall asleep right away in bed and then I wake up because my brain won't shut off. I'm hoping to kill it with exercise tonight though. that usually helps!
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I rarely log on the weekends though I've tried to make a better habit about it lately. What I try to do is to only eat back some of my exercise calories during the week so that I have the extra cals for when I overeat on the weekends if that makes any sense? It's worked for me so far...

When I was on WW I gave myself Saturday's off within reason, sometimes the entire weekend depending. It really worked when I actually paid attention.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hey gang...I've been naughty:smokin: :ohwell: ....did all my exercises...but then found out, that my new walking partner's bday was today and insisted that I take her out to lunch......at my favorite Mexican place....Best MAGARITAS....in town, was a great lunch...but I believe I better get out with my Pal Bella and walk off the 2 magaritas that I had....better get myself together before the kids get home...LOL, really I feel great...I brought most of my food home, enjoyed the time talking and laughing...and the sun is shining so brightly today!!!!
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Dixiegal,

I'd avoid the Atkins Diet were I you unless you actaully dont 'care at all for carbs. Its very restrictive and can lead to some serious health compications if you aren't careful.. I find weightwatchers to be the best allaround diet though I know folks who love the zone. Take care !

Laura
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    debra - oh I am jealous. To live close to Mexican restaurant and have a real margarita :ohwell: :drinker: Glad you had a good time. I am off to bookclub. See you all tomorrow.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Oh - I am going to be in trouble now. Look what I discovered...

smiley-signs003.gif with the weigh Friday!!!!

smiley-signs015.gif

smiley-chores024.gif

Okay that's enough for now. Now I have 5 min until my ride is here.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I'm personally not a fan of the smiley faces and don't use them much...but I do LOVE that Give Me Beer one! Ha! That is rad!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    oh nos! new smiley faces!

Ladies, I have big news. Today is a momentous day for Kristina. Am I back under 200? No. Am I still TOMing like whoa? Yes.

But....

You are looking at a new c25k graduate! *twirls* :heart:

And it's so much better than that. I decided to run OUTSIDE. After my indoor track debacle when I couldn't keep my pace slow enough and pooped out after about 5 minutes, I was hesistant to go outside. I decided I would try just a small block and work my way up as the days went by. Plus, it's sort of flat, but not completely so, and I'm not used to inclines. So I started... and kept going. My fellow superheroes, not only did I do my 30 minutes of running, I SURPASSED it, and ran the FULL 3.1 miles! ACK! Took me 40 minutes! (got to work on the time). Not only that, I continued running afterwards, as I wasn't quite home yet. My total run (no stops!) today was 3.57 miles (thank you mapmyrun!). Umm, holy hell y'all. I still can't believe it. I wanted to quit after a lap, but I kept going, and got closer and closer and all I could think that last part of the run was, omg I can't wait to tell my girls!

Will I be able to do this again next time? Maybe not, but at least I know I can do it now, and have no excuse. Thanks for all the support! To think it would have taken me another 4 weeks on the treadmill to work up to 3.1miles, this is pretty fab! I hope the weather stays okay so I can continue running outside, cause it was fab!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    OK...I have to stop this...I have been going back over my posts...because I received an email from someone...a guy...

well, this is what it said...I'll copy and paste it

"Not meaning anything derogatory but not "just women" are on this thing and us of the other kind are also routing for you", he titled the message "No disrespect"

I'm confused I belong to 4 groups...3 of them are women only...the 4th did have guys at the beginning, but they dropped out...so really it is all girls too...usually when I reply...I say MFP Pals or something, or I will talk to whom ever started the post and call them by name....not sure what this guy is talking about...I hate to offend anyone...but I think he must have me confused....and I need to get over it..I just spent a half hour trying to find a post where I may have said something I shouldn't have.....Anything like that ever happen to any of you?
    Goodness, I have dishes to do.

Have a great night.!!
    Pinbot, I love the fingers crossed smiley....so me on Friday mornings!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    OK...I have to stop this...I have been going back over my posts...because I received an email from someone...a guy...

well, this is what it said...I'll copy and paste it

"Not meaning anything derogatory but not "just women" are on this thing and us of the other kind are also routing for you", he titled the message "No disrespect"

I'm confused I belong to 4 groups...3 of them are women only...the 4th did have guys at the beginning, but they dropped out...so really it is all girls too...usually when I reply...I say MFP Pals or something, or I will talk to whom ever started the post and call them by name....not sure what this guy is talking about...I hate to offend anyone...but I think he must have me confused....and I need to get over it..I just spent a half hour trying to find a post where I may have said something I shouldn't have.....Anything like that ever happen to any of you?
    Goodness, I have dishes to do.

Have a great night.!!
    Pinbot, I love the fingers crossed smiley....so me on Friday mornings!

I'd feel bad too, but lord have mercy....he needs to "man up". too whiny for me. I like my men, manly.....lol .
    don't' worry about it.....we love you. he must have you confused with someone else.

Good news!!! I love my new do!!! She totally listened to me, and worked with me, and it helped that she had my hair. Now, Murphys law kicks in and i realize that i just met a great hairdresser, and I'll be three states away from her in three weeks. THAT REALLY SUCKS!!!
    Anyhow, I will post a new profile pic, with my new do, as soon as i find the hook up for the camera (danger of packing). My hair is naturally super curly, but she straightened it tonight, and I may have to go tomorrow to buy the little gadget for the hairdryer and try to do it myself. She also recommended some new products, with a money back guarantee...woot woot!

I visited my mom today, which was nice. started a new baby blanket with a super easy crochet pattern.

Ate pretty good, took a lean cuisine with me for lunch so i wouldn't be tempted by foods at my parents house. i don't think lean cuisines are that great to have all the time, but i like them to mix things up once in awhile. And their Margahrita pizza is so yummy!!
    Speaking of margaritas!!! Deb, seriously ...so fricking jealous of you right now!! I love me the STRONG margaritas, and enjoy them on hot summer days (ok, and cool snowy ones too....). YUM!!! Glad you had a great time!!

and Kristina!! i am so proud of you girl!!! I especially congratulate you on going outside and running. I'm still too self concious to do that. Where do you run? Just around your neighborhood or something? Do you do it for time and then do the "map my run" to see how far?

Actually, how do all my fellow runners do it outside??
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Warning******* Drinking Maragitas in the afternoon may have you believe that you can play basketball with the boys********
    Not Good :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    After I got home from my walk...hubby was home and my son was getting off from wrestling practice early, so we headed to the school and decided to shoot some hoops....everything started out friendly....then competition kicked in when my son and I took on my hubby.....we scored first and hubby would take none of that....on a pass I had my arm out....and my husband ...pretty much tore it off:laugh: :laugh: I did'nt really notice it last night...but it's pretty sore this morning:sad: :sad: Hope it passes pretty soon, I've got grandkids coming over today....I'll have to have movement in both arms for playtime fun....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Again Kristina...so very proud of you...you have been biten in the tush with that "runners high" there is nothing you can't do!!!! It's wierd I have trouble when I first start out too, but after I force myself to get through that first mile or so....it seems like it gets easier. Love it...you have me wanting to go for a run:bigsmile: I am suppose to kickbox today..hmmm might have to switch things up....we'll see :love:

Cds...Oh my I feel for you, finding the perfect stylist and having to leave her...:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: For years I went to a friend that I went to cosmetology school with...she was awesome and I have natural culrly hair too and she was the only to understand it....then in my thirties...she moved to Indy....about 5 hours away from me...for almost 2 years I didn't even get it cut...from fear that they would mess it up:wink: I'm kinda crazy like that:embarassed: I have tried to straighten mine too a few times in my life...but gosh, it takes me at least 2 hours to get it straight...and then if the humidity is up even a tiny bit....poof like the magic dragon....the curls come right back.....I straighten it last month messing around one afternoon like a teenager and it was fun, but the family just looked at me weird all night....they really don't care for it straight....I think it's just hard to get used to it...when you are usually a curly mop :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I took pictures of myself and was going to post them...but I never did...after the family gave me the business...I thought,... "maybe it doesn't look so good" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I run on our country roads...not much traffic so my Bella is the only one usually to see me...and she turns around often...looking at me with those eyes like "ah...Mom, could we pick up the pace a little?"

Well I am going to hit the exercise early this morning...get the kids off and tidy up before the grandkids get here....we usually make cookies, but I just realized we are out of some things....might have to try something else today...

have a great day everyone!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Kristina - YEAH!!!! WTG!!!!!! I made make cupcakes to celebrate - they are fat free, cal free and loaded with frosting. YUMMY smiley-eatdrink060.gif

Deb - I think you're posts are great and very supportive. I feel bad that person seemed offended. If it really bothers you, ask him to send you the post that upset him. You will drive yourself crazy trying to figure out the mind of someone else. PS put some ice on your shoulder. I loved your warning.

cds - now you have an excuse to go home and visit your parents every 6 weeks. For a long time, I would get my shaping cut from a lady near my parents home every 3 or 4 months. In between, I found a lady who would trim it along the same lines as the original cut. When ever I moved to a new area, I always asked people whose hair I liked where they got it cut.

I am off for another long busy day. Hopefully, I'll get to check-in later. Hope everyone gets a good last chance workout in.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Yay for the outside running!

Boo for people trying to detach limbs!

Yay for a great haircut!

I did absolutely nothing yesterday. I developed a big headache when I was driving home and never really got rid of it. Add that to pms and a severe need for a nap....yeah, I fell asleep on the floor between the couch and the coffee table (I normally sit there with the laptop on the coffee table). I had a blanket and I had pulled the pillows down off the couch. It wasn't even an hour but it was just what I needed. Still feeling pretty crampy today.

The weather is supposed to be GORGEOUS (I say that like Steve Irwin used to say it) this weekend. I'm hoping to meet the new guy I'm talking to (Shaun) at the park and walk Lexi together. :wink: Not sure when that'll happen though cause my dad and 11 year old brother are coming over Saturday to help me with the yard work. Shaun works third shift though so if I meet him it'll either have to be first thing in the morning (before he goes to bed) or late in the evening (7pm-ish- when he gets up and before the park closes). Not getting my hopes up in case it doesn't happen though.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Victoria needs to use her dogwalking emoticon for you and Lexi Kendal! I hope you enjoy your walk!

Doing okay today. Still on a bit of a high from blowing myself away yesterday with my running extravaganza. It's supposed to be another beautiful day here. Unfortunately, I'll be inside for most of it. Have a health fair at the homeless shelter this afternoon that I need to be at and a conference call. Plus, some potential study participants thrown in throughout the day. I really don't feel like doing anything though. Several more hours sleep this morning would be nice.

Still at odds with my scale. I was 202 this morning- wtf? I know it's mostly TOM stuff, but it still pisses me off. Let's just hope I'll have a spectacular loss next week (last week of challenge!), cause I want to be under 200 by the end of this one. Won't hit the goal of 196, but that's no surprise. Slow and steady! As long as it's a continued downward trend, right?

Last chance workout tonight at rec center. Need to do at least an hour of cardio. My high goal would be an hour on the elliptical and half an hour on the bike, but we'll see. Hope everyone's day and last chance workout go well!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I am *thisclose* to biting the bullet and paying $40 or $50 for a heart rate monitor on ebay. I can't stand not having it anymore. And why should I buy the cheapest one I can get? If I want a cute colored polar hrm, then I should get it!!

In related news, I still don't have a second job. :frown: But my sister is going to move in with me and that will help with the bills tremendously. Maybe I can get by without a second job. I don't think so but it can't hurt to try.