bacon wrapped figs.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Maple Bacon Cupcakes are delicious!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    If I had a bacon party (which I wouldn't because bacon jumped the shark months ago), and someone showed up with turkey bacon, I would ban them from ever attending any of my theoretical stupid theme parties ever again.
  • Qsuzy1
    Qsuzy1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We had our first Bacon Day Party last year. People are already asking when the next is scheduled. I am totally making a Candied Bacon Cheesecake for this year after seeing that glorious picture! And I will be making some bacon flavored vodka this year for bloody mary's!

Quick Easy Bacon Treat... Cut crescent rolls in half (small triangles), put a dollup of cream cheese, some chopped up jalapeno's, and some crumbled bacon on each crescent piece, then seal up the crescent and all of its yummy goodness and bake in the oven on 350 til nicely browned. Huge crowd pleaser.

Or you could make Bacon Ranch and serve it with a bunch of veggies.

Happy Bacon Day to you!
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We had our first Bacon Day Party last year. People are already asking when the next is scheduled. I am totally making a Candied Bacon Cheesecake for this year after seeing that glorious picture! And I will be making some bacon flavored vodka this year for bloody mary's!

Quick Easy Bacon Treat... Cut crescent rolls in half (small triangles), put a dollup of cream cheese, some chopped up jalapeno's, and some crumbled bacon on each crescent piece, then seal up the crescent and all of its yummy goodness and bake in the oven on 350 til nicely browned. Huge crowd pleaser.

Or you could make Bacon Ranch and serve it with a bunch of veggies.

Happy Bacon Day to you!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the bacon ranch idea!!
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    The Bacon Explosion mentioned earlier:

bacon650.33.jpg

I tried a slice of this at Baconfest in Des Moines a couple of years ago (served by the Bacon Explosion™ company), and I can honestly say I was disappointed/unimpressed. It tasted way more like sharp Italian sausage than bacon, and the BBQ sauce just didn't jive. They probably decided that calling it a Sausage Explosion wasn't a good idea.

Also, this is me admitting I paid good money to go to a thing called Baconfest. I am not ashamed. Bacon is a sometimes food! :laugh:
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well, as it turns out I didn't end up attending the Bacon Party. Why not? Because my volleyball team scheduled some make up games, THREE SETS to be exact. After 3 hours of non stop volleyball, I ended up burning some CRAZY calories instead of eating bacon. I call it a success. :)

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I am planning on making some of them as appetizers for parties. :)
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    A bacon PARTY! Damn... I am hanging around the wrong friends!!!! :love: :love:
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    how about using chicken bacon? if they only said no turkey bacon then technically you are safe! lol
    chicken bacon is very close to the same as turkey bacon but way cheaper and less calories! i saw someone post saying to make the mini quiches, those look good, i would make those and use the chicken bacon. :)

I'm all about doing things for cheaper! Thanks for the heads up!

I've never heard of chicken bacon, where can you buy it?