How long before you dump your pals????

Options

Replies

• Anmariee
    Anmariee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I never dump friends for not logging in. I have a few who have been MIA for a couple of months. What if they come back and find all of their friends abandoned them? I wouldn't be much of a friend would I? They aren't causing any trouble and if MFP has a friend limit, I'm nowhere near it.

I really like this response... THOUGHTFUL & KIND :)
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    1-2 months depending on if they're the type to give motivation/support or not.. if I don't remember them they're gone for sure
  • tifflatrice08
    tifflatrice08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why dump your friends???? If you are truly a good friend, then that mean your support the people in your circle... Why turn on them when they may need you the most. I have a small friend list... 2 people, one person I check on almost daily and the other inspire me to do well. If I left for a while and came back for support and they were gone, I would be hurt. People struggle, sometimes they just need a little support...
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I usually wait a month, send a message and then delete them. they can always add me back!
  • Bracciano
    Bracciano Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't do any kind of dumping in my whole 4 days here. I tend to have a dirty sense of humor and I say bad words so that takes care of the attrition. I've lost 5 already :) As far as people being needy and dropping me because I haven't logged in for a few days? I don't like needy friends in real life, it wouldn't be any different here.
  • roxbox2013
    roxbox2013 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I usually give it about 2 weeks, unless they previously said they'd be gone for a specific reason. In which case, I won't delete them. The reason being, I don't need fair-weathered dieters. I need people who are as serious about this as I am.
  • ImmaZombie
    Options
    LOL I do the same thing AND I boot them if they don't even respond when I respond to them. They want support but don't give it.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy taking care of myself to keep track of whether or not my friends are logging in or not. Everyone has their own journey. I'm happy to be here to help people, but I don't keep a running tally to confirm that people are responding to me in equal amounts.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I don't judge. Sometimes life catches up with us and we don't get to spend lots of time in here. Doesn't mean we're all not committed to our goals. If somebody dumps me off of their friends list because I don't log in enough to their standards then I guess they're not much of a buddy because to me it's the opposite of being supportive. I don't need fair weathered friends, I like to know my friends stick around unconditionally.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I don't do any kind of dumping in my whole 4 days here. I tend to have a dirty sense of humor and I say bad words so that takes care of the attrition. I've lost 5 already :) As far as people being needy and dropping me because I haven't logged in for a few days? I don't like needy friends in real life, it wouldn't be any different here.

i try to dump two times a day
  • jadelucywatson1
    jadelucywatson1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For me I would probably remove anyone who hadn't logged in for more than a few weeks. Seeing messages that tell me they have given up makes me feel discouraged. Unless they write a message saying they are taking a break then I'd probably remove them. Know it sounds bad, but at the end of the day I am here to reach my goals and if I can help others on that journey too then it's a very lovely bonus.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    As long as I've been on this site or sparkpeople.com I've never unfriended anyone. Sometimes seeing what others do can inspire.

Right, but inspiration goes both ways. I inspire you, you inspire me. If someone can't be bothered to log in for over a month, they are not inspiring me. That just discourages me. So they've got to go.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Changing life styles is tough. It may take a few tries but it would be nice if "friends" didn't dump you at the first sign of trouble. Of course, you could just be like me and not have friends. I don't worry about getting dumped by friends that I never had. :wink:

once you start posting more on this forum, you'll get more friend requests.

if you change your avatar to a hot chick who isn't you like i did, you'll get endless friend requests. good times.

even if you have your own avatar up like i do you get friend requests...even better times.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Exactly 7.54983443527 days, then you are set free from your shackles.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    In reference to friend requests, I do my best to seek out others with my same goal. As a compulsive binge eater, I had no problem finding others who were fighting the same war.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I usually wait a few weeks and if I notice them taking all the support and never giving it back, I hide them. If they still haven't made an effort a week or so later, I delete them.

Saying that, I do have some friends I've had for like 2+years that even when they get side tracked I wont delete them because I think they will come back :)
  • janeshearl
    janeshearl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't have enough to "dump" any!
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've dumped lots of friends who are suuuuuuuuuuuuper negative all the time.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i dump ones that haven't logged in in 2+ months. :)
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Want to dump me? IDGAF! The only dumping I do is in the bathroom.

I'm as attentive and interactive with the people who show up on my newsfeed as the amount of time I have on MFP allows. Sometime more, sometimes less. I'm happy to see when people work out or post NSVs or whatever.