#3 Why calorie in calorie out ALONE isnt enough.

Options
123457»

Replies

• WhyLime113
    WhyLime113 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's unfortunate, but if you don't like him, then don't react badly back. Especially when he has good points. Because other people might walk in here, see it, then see you guys being difficult for the sake of being difficult, and then ignore the good points he's made. Why not focus on actually trying to be educational? Agree when things are good, or if you disagree, provide good reason why instead of calling the dude an idiot.
    Even if he is, you can still try and keep this an educational environment otherwise.

The only good point he made was counting calories works.
    I disagree. He made very good points. Like eating healthier overall vs just counting calories but not altering much of what you eat (or altering it to extremes). That calorie counting is good, but alone will not promote long term success.
    If you disagree with any of his points, please tell me why. Because until you do, then I will proceed to uphold the fact that his information is mostly correct in practice for many people.

Are you reading any of the posts that are disagreeing with him?

Are you seeing the many stories of people who have made counting calories, and eating in moderation work??

Yes I am. The problem is they aren't explaining much why they disagree beyond ad hominem. I mean, if they think the guy is a douche, fine, I can see why they don't like him. He kind of is. But at least address his points and use this as an opportunity to educate or facilitate discusion. If he acts like a **** again, it's an excuse to report him.

And yes, I have heard those stories of people losing weight. Most of them right after they've lost the weight. Not the stories 10 years down the road. I mean, yes, I KNOW calorie counting works. For weight. That's why I'm still using this website. But dud ehas a point that it's not the only thing needed for sustainable weight loss or long term health. That's what his post was about. Nothing about that is disagreeable.
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    I have adult onset ADHD. Can someone give the cliff notes from this novel? Sounds riveting.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    That's unfortunate, but if you don't like him, then don't react badly back. Especially when he has good points. Because other people might walk in here, see it, then see you guys being difficult for the sake of being difficult, and then ignore the good points he's made. Why not focus on actually trying to be educational? Agree when things are good, or if you disagree, provide good reason why instead of calling the dude an idiot.
    Even if he is, you can still try and keep this an educational environment otherwise.

The only good point he made was counting calories works.
    I disagree. He made very good points. Like eating healthier overall vs just counting calories but not altering much of what you eat (or altering it to extremes). That calorie counting is good, but alone will not promote long term success.
    If you disagree with any of his points, please tell me why. Because until you do, then I will proceed to uphold the fact that his information is mostly correct in practice for many people.

Are you reading any of the posts that are disagreeing with him?

Are you seeing the many stories of people who have made counting calories, and eating in moderation work??

Yes I am. The problem is they aren't explaining much why they disagree beyond ad hominem. I mean, if they think the guy is a douche, fine, I can see why they don't like him. He kind of is. But at least address his points and use this as an opportunity to educate or facilitate discusion. If he acts like a **** again, it's an excuse to report him.

And yes, I have heard those stories of people losing weight. Most of them right after they've lost the weight. Not the stories 10 years down the road. I mean, yes, I KNOW calorie counting works. For weight. That's why I'm still using this website. But dud ehas a point that it's not the only thing needed for sustainable weight loss or long term health. That's what his post was about. Nothing about that is disagreeable.

I tried.

but he doesnt want to converse with me.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Thank you. Perhaps I will try them when the pop tarts are all gone. I did like the little icing packs.

I'll agree to buy a box of cinnamon Pop Tarts as well.

LOL this whole exchange made me LOL:happy:

Much easier debating merits of pop tarts and strudels than engaging in the original post for some reason.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Thank you. Perhaps I will try them when the pop tarts are all gone. I did like the little icing packs.

I'll agree to buy a box of cinnamon Pop Tarts as well.

LOL this whole exchange made me LOL:happy:

In the spirit of mutual support and co-operation, I too shall try the divine strudel.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this topic and a reminder of a couple of our community guidelines that aren't being as respected in this topic as I think fitting for our MFP Community:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

and

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting
    Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

This topic as a whole has become divisive. When polarization of this kind happens topics will almost always be locked.

Thank you for your understanding and help in keeping MFP a supportive, friendly community.

Respectfully,
    Olivia
    MFP Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.