Replies

• RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    52 lbs gone = from size 20 to size 12/14 depending on the brand
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Pant size means honestly nothing... it really depends on the brand and sizes are actually closer than you think. I still fit fine in my 18s after 30 lbs lost so I thought I hadn't lost any size until I realized I fit in 14s too... Now after 45 lbs I can fit in 8s, depending on the brand.

It does when they are falling down, baggy and you have to give them away and buy new ones again!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17lbs and still wear the same pants. HOWEVER, now they actually fit like they're supposed to lol. I probably should have gone up a size 2 years ago but I refused to accept my weight gain and buy bigger pants. So I just avoided most of my jeans and opted for leggings ;)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    57 lbs lost

Started at size 18, now wearing loose 6's.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I was a "tight fitting" size 16, very uncomfortable in most of my pants.

I am now a "loose fitting" size 14, 35 pounds later.

My shirt size, however, has gone from a ladies XL to a small L or M in some cases.

So I guess that shows where most of the fat is fleeing...

ETA: I do have a pair of Junior size 13 shorts that are very comfortable right now, considering getting another pair or three for the summer.

All sizes listed are US.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've lost between 25-30, depending on the day.

I've gone from an 18 to a 14 in pants.
    XXL to L in tops.
    But UP a cup size. :grumble:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I'm down 17 and now fit comfortably in 10 or junior's 11.
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 18. I've lost 42.8 pounds, and I just fit into a 12 yesterday :) I currently weigh around 187, and I'm 5'6".

I've lost quickly in the pants sizes, but have only gone down a size, maybe two, on the top. Damn boobs aren't getting any smaller :(
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    i haven't changed in pant size ...still tubby in that area :( 31lbs lost but not sure from where yet.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have 57lbs gone & I've gone down 2 full pant sizes (from 26 to 22) but I have some room to spare in the 22. My hips/stomach/butt took alot longer to jump on the weight loss train then the rest of me lol
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    down 43.5 lbs, down from a snug 18 (so realistically 20) to a 12

do we count that as 3 sizes?
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I went from a 22/24 to a 10/12. XL shirt to M
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    62 lbs, started 26/28 currently in 16's

I think it depends on how you carry the weight
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 2013 at a size 12, weighing 160 lb. Today I have lost 15 lbs and am in a size 6!
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I think it also depends on the cut of the clothes. I've found that a size 18 at the plus size store is getting too big but a size 18 at a regular store is too tight. And everyone is right, it depends on where you carry your weight. My legs and thighs are much smaller but I still store a lot of fat around my stomach which is really where you need your pants to fit.

Keep up the good work, you'll get there!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I lost 46 pounds - first 20 pounds took me from tight size 14 to fitted size 10. Next 26 pounds took me to size 6 NYDJ and size 8 Ralph Lauren.

It just depends. I am 5'8 and I can assure you most of my excess weight was in my hips and be-hind!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    19 lbs size16 down to a size10
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I started out as a very tight 16, possibly 18 and I have lost 32 lbs. Now I'm a pretty comfortable 14.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I lost 25lbs... and not a pant size. My pants are definitely looser, but not enough to wear the next size down. I seem to have lost a few inches off my belly which is AWESOME.... but none at my hips!

This is me. I've lost 21 lbs and still wear a size 10. Also havent lost much around the hips but I did lose some off my belly as well and went from a size M/L shirts down to S/M!
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've lost right around 84 pounds. Gone from size 22 pants to a comfy 14 that gets baggy if the jeans are poly blend, so getting close to a 12. Shirts from 3X to L or XL depending on brand and material. Bra from a 42DDD to a 36DD. Shoes from a 10 to a 9, ha!