Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Her changes won't affect your weights results.

Ever. :bigsmile:

Are you sure? I swear I just gained 5 lbs bc she has implants.

J/k. i think she looks fantastic and anyone who hated on her probably should have spent that time exercising instead of spouting nonsense.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    There I fixed that last sentence for you, it does really sound a little less *****y and a little more pointed when you make your point about what your ideal is instead of picking apart what isn't your ideal on someone else. I'd give you an example of what I mean, but I see you you don't have any photos of yourself anywhere.

This thread implied that women should lift weights in order to look like the o.p. My opinion is that is not ideal. Sorry you have a problem with that. When someone posts something like that, they open it up for criticism. You're right, I don't have any photos of myself viewable to non-friends. I'd rather remain anonymous on the internet.

Again, if you read what I wrote you should understand that there is no issue with having an ideal, we are all entitled to our own ideal. However, the entitlement to our ideals does not remove us from the responsibility associated with how we present our ideal. Simply saying "that look is not my ideal" if very different from saying "I hate her fake boobs." To me, especially on this website, this is an important distinction in the art communication.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    What was the diet? I assume it's low carb, lower fat, and high protein. For me, that's unsustainable at length, and I would be dreadfully miserable---- not fun. I enjoy my food, and honestly, would prefer to enjoy my diet instead of have a body like that--- although it is quite ripped and pretty awesome.

All here - www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821132-yo-s-successful-carb-cycling-routine-with-diet-and-regime
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Wow, it rolled over already! Popular thread, I guess people do care, huh??

About the boobs, I think they look great and I don't fault a woman for getting them, before, after, during, whenever, it doesn't matter, she still worked hard to have a great body so I don't know why that has to be a focus for judgement. Hell, I'd get em if we had the money, just for some better cleavage and my husband would probably love them. My mom had hers done after getting a mascectomy after breast cancer, lots of women probably do that as well. I don't think there is anything wrong with that or getting implants because you just want them. So much judgy-Mcjudgersons out there.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    She looks fantastic. I have to question the motives of people who have anything negative to say about the way she looks. Hell I'd give my left boob to look this good. I'm currently doing cardio and lifting heavy because I have a ways to go before I can "sculpt" my body but I see nothing wrong her.....it's alllll right. Great motivation as well.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    This thread implied that women should lift weights in order to look like the o.p.

YAY SOMEONE GOT THE MESSAGE!!!! *throws all the confetti* Woohoooooooooooo

now let's sit around and wait for someone to realize that this is only aimed at people who want to look like that.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I admit I didn't read the whole thread, but it was the discussion about judgments that got my back up and for that I apologize. I'm not going to lie, totally jealous over pretty much everything, but I agree with someone else's comment about the implication that lifting will give you a body like that. Some of us just aren't made that way and it's easy to get a little discouraged by thinking 'God, HOW much weight/many reps would it take for me to get anywhere close to looking as good as that?'

Kudos, though. You do look great.

(Matt, I also checked your profile. Bristol England, eh? That's my hometown!)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    This thread implied that women should lift weights in order to look like the o.p.

now let's sit around and wait for someone to realize that this is only aimed at people who want to look like that.

This^^
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I got an absolute kick out of the people who posted saying "She looks great, but I CERTAINLY don't want to look like that." Nobody asked what each individual poster on that thread had as an ideal body type. Self centered biatches. ;)
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    She is absolutely STUNNING!

That takes some serious hard work and dedication. I love how proud you are of her and I hope she's just as proud of herself!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    What was the diet? I assume it's low carb, lower fat, and high protein. For me, that's unsustainable at length, and I would be dreadfully miserable---- not fun. I enjoy my food, and honestly, would prefer to enjoy my diet instead of have a body like that--- although it is quite ripped and pretty awesome.

All here - www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821132-yo-s-successful-carb-cycling-routine-with-diet-and-regime

Thanks for sharing. Far too restrained for me, but to each their own.
    I hope she doesn't miss ice cream, fruit, or the occasional piece of cake! :) I couldn't bring myself to cut any of those to look even as good as she does--- and please tell her that I think she looks killer!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

This^^

QFT
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    yo220113.jpg

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Just something to think about :smile:

Re posting Matt's original OP for newcomers.

I am helpful like that.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing. Far too restrained for me, but to each their own.
    I hope she doesn't miss ice cream, fruit, or the occasional piece of cake! :) I couldn't bring myself to cut any of those to look even as good as she does--- and please tell her that I think she looks killer!

She doesn't since we have them once every week/ten days. We do it not as a reward, but to enjoy an evening out for a meal and the cinema or similar :smile:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    This is way buried in this thread but I think she look wonderful.
    And I ...and clearly a lot of other women would love to look like that.

I'm also really proud that I am not friends with any of the body shaming morons that felt the need to comment negatively.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I think she looks great except for the implants. I'm not a fan of fake boobies.
    guess it's a good thing you're not marrying her.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    There I fixed that last sentence for you, it does really sound a little less *****y and a little more pointed when you make your point about what your ideal is instead of picking apart what isn't your ideal on someone else. I'd give you an example of what I mean, but I see you you don't have any photos of yourself anywhere.

This thread implied that women should lift weights in order to look like the o.p. My opinion is that is not ideal. Sorry you have a problem with that. When someone posts something like that, they open it up for criticism. You're right, I don't have any photos of myself viewable to non-friends. I'd rather remain anonymous on the internet.

Again, if you read what I wrote you should understand that there is no issue with having an ideal, we are all entitled to our own ideal. However, the entitlement to our ideals does not remove us from the responsibility associated with how we present our ideal. Simply saying "that look is not my ideal" if very different from saying "I hate her fake boobs." To me, especially on this website, this is an important distinction in the art communication.

i read what you wrote. being completely pc on the internet is not important to me. i don't recall saying "i hate her fake boobs", but if i did that's fine too.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    To that one woman who commented about being superficial and spending too much time in the gym...

It doesnt take as much time as you might think...try educating yourself.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

OOH ME ME ME!!!!!!! :love:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

i read what you wrote. being completely pc on the internet is not important to me. i don't recall saying "i hate her fake boobs", but if i did that's fine too.

Do you have anything new to add? If not, please move on with the knowledge that your dislike for artificial breasts has been logged and acknowledged.