Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    You're wife is beautiful and looks fabulous :)
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    She looks great. Would love to have her legs. I started NROLFW and my husband is not supportive. O well, I will just do my own thing and change his mind. :D
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options

The OP touted her physique as "this is what lifting does to a woman's body." But it's not. It's what lifting *and* plastic surgery do. Body building decreases body fat and most women see a reduction in breast size. The supposed "success" this woman had included having surgical implants. Just like Lance Armstrong, it wasn't just natural ability enhanced through training and dedication. It was also the steroids and the blood transfusions. Again, something he put into his body that he did not naturally have. That's why his "successes" were nullified.
    And before anyone asks, the reason I keep commenting is because I find it hypocritical that bodybuilders are always claiming that lifting enhances the female figure when, in reality, there is a loss of womanly curves (which this OP very clearly illustrates).

Actually, I'm pretty sure he was talking about the abs and muscle definition. SOME PEOPLE just can't seem to get past her chest.

^^^this

lifting does enhance the female figure, get a clue.

DIET determines the body fat one decides to have.

Bodybuilders (and marathon runners) usually have a very low body fat percentage. In bodybuilding, you have to get rid of the fat in order to see the muscle. While there won't be a decrease in breast tissue, there will be a decrease in breast size due to fat loss. (Women bodybuilders in competition often lower their body fat below 11 percent, at which point a C-cup can become an AA-cup.) The physique in the OP does not accurately represent the results of bodybuilding and strict diet. It just doesn't. Just like a male bicyclist with bicep implants would not accurately show what cycling will do for your physique.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    The physique in the OP does not accurately represent the results of bodybuilding and strict diet. It just doesn't. Just like a male bicyclist with bicep implants would not accurately show what cycling will do for your physique.

She is already bikini level ready for comps in just about every federation in the UK and US, should she so have chosen. But she is doing WBFF Figure where more muscle is shown and UKBFF Miss Fitness.

The results here are 21 days of dieting, she still has 14 weeks left.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

The OP touted her physique as "this is what lifting does to a woman's body." But it's not. It's what lifting *and* plastic surgery do. Body building decreases body fat and most women see a reduction in breast size. The supposed "success" this woman had included having surgical implants. Just like Lance Armstrong, it wasn't just natural ability enhanced through training and dedication. It was also the steroids and the blood transfusions. Again, something he put into his body that he did not naturally have. That's why his "successes" were nullified.
    And before anyone asks, the reason I keep commenting is because I find it hypocritical that bodybuilders are always claiming that lifting enhances the female figure when, in reality, there is a loss of womanly curves (which this OP very clearly illustrates).

Actually, I'm pretty sure he was talking about the abs and muscle definition. SOME PEOPLE just can't seem to get past her chest.

^^^this

Bodybuilders (and marathon runners) usually have a very low body fat percentage. In bodybuilding, you have to get rid of the fat in order to see the muscle. While there won't be a decrease in breast tissue, there will be a decrease in breast size due to fat loss. (Women bodybuilders in competition often lower their body fat below 11 percent, at which point a C-cup can become an AA-cup.) The physique in the OP does not accurately represent the results of bodybuilding and strict diet. It just doesn't. Just like a male bicyclist with bicep implants would not accurately show what cycling will do for your physique.

And again...she already had them...many female bodybuilders do get implants because it helps with their phsical appearance for ....well...bodybuilding competitions. No one is saying that you grow boobs from lifting and strict diet. But her body AS A WHOLE most certainly does reflect the lifestyle of bodybuilding and diet.
  • Kmenczynski88
    Kmenczynski88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

^^^this

It does represent it, just not from the standpoint of her boobs.... Would hope most people are bright enough to figure this out.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    To that one woman who commented about being superficial and spending too much time in the gym...

It doesnt take as much time as you might think...try educating yourself.
    Preach it, sister. Fantastic results are forged in the kitchen more so the gym. I've done many bulks and cuts, and had equally positive results when limiting gym time. My current cut excludes cardio entirely and my progress in fat loss is on par with previous cuts that included far more time in the gym with cardio included.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

^^^this

so there is no middle ground here? what about lifting and body building for the sake of retaining LBM and preventing osteporosis...

not to mention the fact that my body has never looked better, things seem to be back where they belong:flowerforyou:

I am not talking about being in competitions, just sculpting myself to be my best
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring - f*** the haters! See this for the hard work and dedication this lady has put into her body.
    Awesome!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    To that one woman who commented about being superficial and spending too much time in the gym...

It doesnt take as much time as you might think...try educating yourself.
    Preach it, sister. Fantastic results are forged in the kitchen more so the gym. I've done many bulks and cuts, and had equally positive results when limiting gym time. My current cut excludes cardio entirely and my progress in fat loss is on par with previous cuts that included far more time in the gym with cardio included.
    True this!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

They made this thread for you http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/862846-challenge-issued
  • gxm17
    Options

^^^this

And again...she already had them...many female bodybuilders do get implants because it helps with their phsical appearance for ....well...bodybuilding competitions. No one is saying that you grow boobs from lifting and strict diet. But her body AS A WHOLE most certainly does reflect the lifestyle of bodybuilding and diet.

Exactly. So what's the point of bodybuilding and diet? JMHO, but it's an empty victory to be at competition level when it's considered a necessity to have surgical augmentation. It just seems to defeat the whole point of bodybuilding in the first place. Do male bodybuilders with skinny legs get calf implants? (Please tell me the answer is no.)
  • gxm17
    Options

^^^this

It does represent it, just not from the standpoint of her boobs.... Would hope most people are bright enough to figure this out.

Yes. The implants are obvious. Again, at competition level, most women are going to see a decrease in breast size. Hence the reason many female bodybuilders get boob jobs. Which IMO is hypocritical (sorry, that's the best word I can think of to describe the dichotomy) since the augmented physique no longer honestly represents the results of a strict bodybuilding and diet regimen.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    ^You seem to want to go on and on about her body.

This is still here. Waiting for you http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/862846-challenge-issued
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna skip past all the other comments..

I think she looks great! Takes dedication to get that low body fat and muscle definition. The boobs are a plus in my opinion, cuz I personally like the look of a fit woman with big boobs, fake or not.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    yo220113.jpg

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Just something to think about :smile:

I think she looks absolutely amazing!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    ^You seem to want to go on and on about her body.

This is still here. Waiting for you http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/862846-challenge-issued

Brett you so awesome. I was going to do that..lol :tongue:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    yo220113.jpg

This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Just something to think about :smile:

I think she looks absolutely amazing!

Agreed. And I guarantee she gets to maintain that figure by eating more than a single cracker and a sip of diet coke every day!

I will gladly take as much muscle as I can pack onto my frame given my genetics and exercise avoidance tendencies. Working on that last part.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    Posted it twice now. Strange that neither her nor any of the other women who were so quick to share and justify their negative opinions of YO's body have the guts to post in that thread. Strange indeed...
  • schmetterling1
    schmetterling1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just want to say she looks amazing. As you have said she is a smart cookie. It shows in her dedication. I read that she is 5'3". How old and has she had any children? I'm assuming not but that subject wasn't even brought up. Every other post was too busy nit picking something that did not matter in the long run. It did not help her get those great abs for example. :flowerforyou: